Agricultural Research and Extension Trust (ARET) Job Vacancy 2019 for Lecturer in Agribusiness Management
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Applicants for the Agricultural Research and Extension Trust (ARET) Job Vacancy 2019. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Agricultural Research and Extension Trust (ARET) Job Vacancy 2019
The Agricultural Research and Extension Trust (ARET) is mandated to conduct research on tobacco and allied crops and provide extension to tobacco farmers. ARET has a formal training arm, Mwimba College of Agriculture (MWICA) in Kasungu which was set up to produce technicians with robust overall knowledge and practical hands-on skills in Agriculture. MWICA runs a Diploma in Agriculture programme and other demand driven courses. The Trust is seeking an ambitious, talented and experienced individuals to work within the MWICA team. Applications are therefore invited as follows:-
Post: Lecturer in Agribusiness Management
The position requires someone who is highly motivated and energetic, with a record of high quality teaching in undergraduate courses in the Agribusiness discipline. Essential to the role is to design, develop and produce learning and teaching material and deliver either across a range of modules or within Agribusiness and provide technical support to agricultural enterprises initiated by the College.
Tenable at Mwimba College of Agriculture, Kasungu
Working collaboratively as part of a team of academic, technical and administrative colleagues, the incumbent will be required to design, develop and produce learning and teaching material and to provide quality instructions for a diverse student population and performing instructional duties and provide technical support to agricultural enterprises initiated by the College..
Reporting to the Head of Academics, the incumbent will among other duties perform the following:-
- Develop course outline and session plans and conduct class lessons in accordance with developed course outline and session plans.
- Assess students through assignments and examinations and provide constructive feedback to students.
- Maintain appropriate records and making available information as required by management.
- Participate in curriculum development and review
- Develop and conduct short courses
- Participate in committees appropriate to courses and meetings convened by management.
- Engage in supervision of student research projects and industrial attachments.
- Identify collaborating institutions whose support is important to the learning experience of students and develop beneficial partnerships.
- Participate in the development of strategies to guide management of agricultural enterprises run by the college.
- Organize student activities in conjunction with specific agricultural enterprises development strategies
Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor of Science degree (with credit) in Agribusiness Management or in any related field.
- Candidates with Masters Degree in any relevant field will have an added advantage
- Five years of relevant experience in research, marketing and entrepreneurship.
If you meet the above criteria and are looking for a role in a particular productive team where you can make a real difference, please submit your application together with copies of certificates and a detailed curriculum vitae with your contact numbers. and names and contact details of three traceable referees to firstname.lastname@example.org or send the same not later than Wednesday, 15th May, 2019 to the following address.
The Chief Executive Officer
Private Bag 9
The Trust is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, therefore female applicants are encouraged to apply