Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation Job Vacancy 2019 for Public Health Evaluations and Research – Senior Manager
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Applicants for the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation Job Vacancy 2019. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation Job Vacancy 2019
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) is the global leader in the fight against pediatric HIV/AIDS and has reached more than 26 million women with services to prevent transmission of HIV to their babies. in 2015-2016, EGPAF supported activities in 19 countries and nearly 5,000 sites to implement prevention, care, and treatment services; to further advance innovative research; and to execute global advocacy activities that bring dramatic change to the lives of millions of women, children and families worldwide.
EGPAF Seeks To Fill The Following Open Position
EGPAF has worked in Malawi since 2001. Today, EGPAF Malawi implements evidence‐based HIV prevention, care and treatment interventions in 179 health facilities in nine districts through EGPAF’s U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief/U.S. Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (PEPFAR/CDC) ‐funded HIV Service Delivery, Quality Improvement and Health Systems Strengthening Program.
Job Title : Public Health Evaluations and Research – Senior Manager
Location : Lilongwe
Reports to : Public Health Evaluations and Research – Director (PHERD)
The Public Health Evaluations and Research – Senior Manager will contribute to generation of a strong evidence base to improve the effective delivery of public health programs to further the mission of EGPAF improving the lives of families infected and affected by HIV/TB.
The Public Health Evaluations and Research – Senior Manager, under the leadership of the Director of PHER, will lead the team for the implementation of the research and evaluation portfolio. The successful candidate will work collaboratively with study Principal Investigators to ensure the research and evaluations are implemented ethically, in compliance with all regulations, on time, within budget, and in accordance with EGPAF and Donor policies and procedures.
S/he will lead on all aspects of EGPAF’s research studies, from idea conception, literature review, protocol development, personnel training, development of data collection instruments, study implementation and monitoring, and data collection and management. S/He will provide technical and operational guidance and oversight to the project teams, support and supervise research and evaluation implementation activities.
- Work closely with the Technical and Strategic Information and Evaluation (SI&E) teams to identify priority program and public health evaluation and research questions
- Support the development of research protocols, proposals, grants, and other requests for funding related to HIV clinical, implementation, or program effectiveness
- Leads relationship with Local Institutional Review Board (LIRB) and responsible for obtaining in-country approvals;
- Responsible for the ensuring quality scientific, ethical, and regulatory standards for all research activities Responsible for compliance with EGPAF research standards, study ethical provisions and consenting processes.
- Oversees the preparation, coordination and regular compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Leads the Malawi Research Implementation team with planning and implementation of research protocols, including human subjects’ issues, LIRB approvals, development of study procedures, study conduct, and data collection.
- Oversees the Public Health Evaluation (PHE) Coordinators in the recruiting, training, and management of study staff;
- Oversees the PHE Coordinators for planning, implementation, and reporting of data collection; monitoring progress and providing regular updates to Principal Investigators. Collaborate with investigators and supports the Study Coordinator to manage relations with field work and data collection teams.
- With technical support from the Data Manager oversee the team for data collection, monitoring, data quality and analysis.
- Responsible for quarterly, semi-annual, and annual project reports.
- Ensure proper and efficient financial and administrative management of research/evaluation projects, including adherence to work plans and budgets as well as compliance with local laws and customs, donor requirements, and EGPAF policies and procedures.
- Develop an overall and project-specific documentation plan(s) for documentation of best practices beyond the regular reporting requirements.
- Supports abstracts and manuscripts development process
- Together with SI&E, Research and Quality Improvement (QI) teams, collaborate with the Global Research team and research teams across EGPAF programs to leverage global expertise, share experiences, and facilitate multi-country research activities
- Leads the dissemination of results, development of technical briefs and develops various products and forums to communicate and facilitate the use of research results for program improvement, scale up of best practices, and policy change for strengthened HIV and AIDS service delivery.
- Leads capacity building of EGPAF staff and Fellows, partners, and MOH personnel in the conduct of research through research trainings, mentoring, and sharing/review of relevant scientific literature
- Responsibilities include participation in stakeholder meetings, seminars, workshops, and conferences, and contributing to preparation of presentations, reports, and publication of papers.
- Support the PHERD to oversee the procurement of equipment and supplies relevant to activities in portfolio
- Other responsibilities may be added as new activities develop in country
Required Qualification, Experience And Skill
- Master of Public Health, Epidemiology, Biostatistics, Behavioral Sciences, Population Studies/Demography, or a related field.
- At least 7 years of experience in implementing surveillance systems, operational or clinical research or implementation and management of health monitoring and evaluation systems. An equivalent combination of education and professional experience will also be considered.
- Progressive Experience with design, implementation, and analysis of quantitative and qualitative research studies
- Knowledge of and experience with protection of human subjects in research and ethics regulations to ensure compliance with all local and international requirements
- Demonstrated leadership and skills, training and/or experience in research quality control, supervising staff, team building and management.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications.
- Experience hiring, training, and managing research staff for community-based or clinical studies.
- A good understanding of HIV care and treatment, PMTCT and TB and other health related programs.
- Detail oriented and highly organized, able to multi-task.
- Strong problem-solving skills and analytical capabilities.
- Excellent English language oral and written communication skills, including demonstrated interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills, and the ability to summarize and communicate research findings for diverse audiences.
- Ability to work independently and to collaborate with senior staff, colleagues, donors, partner organizations, stakeholders, local institutions, and others at all levels.
- Willingness to travel as needed.