Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation Job Vacancy 2019 for Senior Data and Statistics Manager – Research and Evaluation
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Applicants for the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation Job Vacancy 2019. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation Job Vacancy 2019
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) is the global leader in the fight against pediatric HIV/AIDS and has reached more than 26 million women with services to prevent transmission of HIV to their babies. in 2015-2016, EGPAF supported activities in 19 countries and nearly 5,000 sites to implement prevention, care, and treatment services; to further advance innovative research; and to execute global advocacy activities that bring dramatic change to the lives of millions of women, children and families worldwide.
EGPAF Seeks To Fill The Following Open Position
EGPAF has worked in Malawi since 2001. Today, EGPAF Malawi implements evidence‐based HIV prevention, care and treatment interventions in 179 health facilities in nine districts through EGPAF’s U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief/U.S. Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (PEPFAR/CDC) ‐funded HIV Service Delivery, Quality Improvement and Health Systems Strengthening Program.
Job Title : Senior Data and Statistics Manager – Research and Evaluation
Location : Lilongwe
Reports to : Public Health Evaluation and Research – Director (PHERD)
Working under the vision, guidance, and direction of the Public Health Research and Evaluation Director (PHERD), the Senior Data will have overall responsibility directing the development and maintenance of the data infrastructure that serves as the core for the foundations research. The Data Manager will oversee EGPAF’s research data collection and management functions, such as acquiring/transferring all research-related data; processing and preparing data to ensure that they are of the highest quality; ensuring compliance with all data security requirements and donor requirements. S/he will provide technical and operational guidance and oversight to the project teams, support and supervise research and evaluation data collection activities.
By managing EGPAF research data infrastructure, the Data Manager will contribute to generation of a strong evidence base to improve the effective delivery of public health programs to further the mission of EGPAF improving the lives of families infected and affected by HIV/TB.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the Foundation’s research agenda and ensure the highest quality scientific, ethical, and regulatory standards for all research activities
- Support the development of research protocols, proposals, grants, and other requests for funding related to HIV clinical, implementation, or program effectiveness
- Support all aspects of EGPAF’s research studies, from idea conception, literature review, protocol development, personnel training, development of data collection instruments, study implementation, and data collection and management
- Assist with the preparation and coordination of regulatory standards
- Lead with the all aspects of data in research design and execution including planning during research protocols development, data tool developments, human subjects’ issues, safety and security collection, transmission and storage,
- Lead development of data collection tools and procedures
- Support Study Coordinators in data collection, monitoring, and analysis
- Oversee data entry teams to ensure accurate and complete data entry
- Lead development of database designs to support effective entry and analysis in compliance safety, security and confidentiality requirements.
- Develop, train, and mentor on systems to ensure quality data, including:
- Collaboration with research and surveillance staff to lead in the development of site-specific standard operating procedures.
- Development of systems for capturing data from applicable data sources.
- Coordination of data quality review activities, through the development and implementation of regular audit schedules.
- Provide feedback on data to supported sites and assist site-level staff including presenting data dashboards and graphics to illustrate results and trends
- Monitoring of activities related to reviewing data quality checks, including logic checks, missing data, and data inconsistencies.
- Coordinate efforts between various departments to strengthen data recording quality.
- Support the analysis of the data through sample size/power calculations, statistical analysis plans
- Prepare and deliver reports for interim and final analyses
- Contribute to the interpretation and publication of research results
- Participate in preparation of study reports, abstracts, and manuscripts
- Participate in the development and/or review of quarterly, semi-annual, and annual project reports
- Collaborate across the SI&E and Programs teams to translate evaluation into programmatic improvements
- Supports the dissemination of results, development of technical briefs and develops various products and forums to communicate and facilitate the use of research results for program improvement, scale up of best practices, and policy change for strengthened HIV and AIDS service delivery
- Manage and work with administrative staff working with the project to ensure complete records are kept for the portfolio
Required Qualification, Experience And Skill
- A Degree in Epidemiology, Statistics, Public Health or other health related field.
- At least 5 years of experience in implementing surveillance systems, operational or clinical research or implementation and management of health monitoring and evaluation systems.
- Experience with ethics review and data warehousing.
- Demonstrated leadership and skills in research quality control, training and supervising staff, team building and management.
- Demonstrated skills, training and/or experience in surveillance including behavioral surveillance data.
- Experience hiring, training, and managing research staff for community-based or clinical studies.
- A good understanding of HIV care and treatment, PMTCT and TB and other health related programs.
- Detail oriented and highly organized, able to multi-task.
- Strong problem-solving skills and analytical capabilities.
- Excellent English language oral and written communication skills, including demonstrated interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills, and the ability to summarize and communicate research findings for diverse audiences.
- Ability to work independently and to collaborate with senior staff, colleagues, donors, partner organizations, stakeholders, local institutions, and others at all levels.
- Willingness to travel as needed.