International Centre for Tropical Agriculture- Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa Jobs Vacancies 2019 for Driver/Office Assistant
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa Jobs Vacancies 2019. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa Jobs Vacancies 2019
The Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA), is an African-led African-based organization that seeks to catalyze Agriculture Transformation in Africa. AGRA is focused on putting smallholder farmers at the Center of the continent’s growing economy by transforming agriculture from a solitary struggle to survive into farming as a business that thrives (www.agra.org).
AGRA has rolled out a new 5-year strategy to catalyze and sustain an Inclusive Agricultural Transformation in Africa to increase incomes and improve food security for 30 million farmers. Under this strategy, AGRA will deliver through an approach that simultaneously catalyzes change at farmer level, strengthens input and output market systems and puts government at the Center to enable and champion private-sector-led agricultural growth at national level.
To support this transformation from a country perspective, CIAT, on behalf of AGRA, is seeking to recruit an experienced individual to the role of Driver/Office Assistant in the Malawi office.
The Driver/Office Assistant has responsibility for carrying out driving and messenger requirements of the Country office.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Maintain register for monitoring and maintenance of vehicles
· Fill out vehicle movement logbook and summarize information into a monthly report on movement of vehicles and fuel consumption.
· Take vehicles for service/repairs and check that they are in satisfactory condition
· Assists with repairs when they break down by taking them to the garage if necessary
· Ensure all vehicles have valid insurance stickers on the windscreen
· Transport staff to various destinations as per schedule including field visits
· Transport visitors upcountry during official visits
3. Messenger duties
· Collects and delivers mail at the Post Office and other offices
· Delivers letters and cheques to grantees, reviewers, suppliers/service providers when required
· Collects cash/bank statements/bankers’ cheques from the bank when required
· Deposits/collects cheques from the bank
· Any other banking work as required.
The candidate shall have the following competencies, skills and experience:
Minimum O-level certificate or similar level
Minimum 5 years’ accident-free driving experience preferably in an international organization
· Certificate of Good Conduct
· Clean driving license and good track record
· Good command of the English language
· Basic knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, data entry, and email software
High level of integrity
· Positive attitude, courteous and strong service orientation.
Terms of employment:
The position is nationally recruited, will be based at AGRA Offices in Lilongwe, Malawi. The contract will be for a two (2) year period, subject to a probation period of three (3) months, renewable depending on performance and availability of resources.
How to apply:
Applicants are invited to visit http://ciat.cgiar.org/ciat-jobs to get full details of the position and to submit their applications, clearly indicating position applied for as: AGRA Driver/Office Assistant. An application Letter and Curriculum Vitae should be attached and saved as one document using candidate’s last name-first name for ease of sorting.
CIAT does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing or training). CIAT also does not concern itself with information on applicants’ bank accounts.
Applications closing date: 17th March 2019
Please note that email applications will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.