Leap29 Recruitment 2019 for Senior Controller
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Applicants for the Leap29 Recruitment 2019. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Leap29 Recruitment 2019
Our client are a renewable energy independent power producer who focus on clean energy projects in emerging markets. They are committed to improving social, economic and environmental sustainability via establishing long-term partnerships with local communities, governments and financial institutions. They develop, construct and operate these projects and have grown substantially over the last few years. Currently they are seeing a Senior Controller to join their team in Malawi with a view for them to build their own finance function within the business.
Reporting into the Country Director, the Senior Controller will be responsible for effectively managing the financial strength of operations in the Africa region. This will include
- The development and delivery of project/regional financial strategy
- Ensuring high quality financial reporting by controlling and supporting a financial portfolio on accounting, audit and internal control, in line with IFRS
- Implementation of new financial reporting policies
- Oversee the development of tax strategies
- Interacting with project and construction teams
- 5+ years of broad control experience
- Related industry experience (renewable, mining, power, manufacturing etc)
- Bachelors Degree in relevant subject (Business management, Accounting or Finance)
- CPA or equivalent
- Strong experience in financial reporting including accounting, audit, control and tax compliance
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Expertise in cost accounting and Microsoft Office applications
- Understanding of ERP/MRP and accounting systems
- Experience working with external/international accounting firms and banking partners
Salary is dependent on experience and will include an excellent bonus and benefits package.
If you are looking to further your career with a successful IPP working on international projects, please apply using the links provided.
To help Leap29 find you that perfect job, we need to store and process your personal information.
That means that your details will be entered into Leap29’s database and our consultants may contact you from time to time with relevant job opportunities.
By applying you’re confirming you’re happy for us to do that!
Sector Banking and Finance