University of Livingstonia Recruitment 2019 for University Director of Quality Assurance (DQA) – Jobs in Malawi
University of Livingstonia Announces their Recruitment for several positions, Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity on how to Apply for University of Livingstonia Recruitment 2019. See position below and Closing Date…
University of Livingstonia is a registered and accredited Private Christian University by the National Council of Higher Education (NCHE). It was established in 2003 by the CCAP Synod of Livingstonia to complement government effort in offering higher education. Its mission is to educate and inspire learners who shall transform society through excellence in teaching, research, consultancy, and learning environment.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates of Malawian origin for the vacant positions tenable in the University of Livingstonia, as follows:
ADMINISTRATIVE AND CLERICAL AND TECHNICAL STAFF
University Director of Quality Assurance (DQA)
The University Director of Quality Assurance is the principal officer for the University in controlling quality. He or she is responsible for monitoring and evaluating the delivery of services at the institution.
Education qualification and experience
- A minimum of Master’s Degree in education from a reputable or accredited institution of higher education with three years of experience at the same position or working in institution of Higher Education.
- Those with doctoral degree in Education from a reputable University will have an added advantage.
- Able to work with minimum supervision.
- Should be self-motivated.
The appointment will be on contract for a period of 3 years.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures that the preparation of academic programmes and the delivery of courses and modules by lecturers is in keeping with the standards of excellence that are expected at the University of Livingstonia and at international level.
- Initiates the process of quality assurance by monitoring the modules and courses in all programmes of the University.
- Works with Deans of Academics to formulate the University quality monitoring framework, including negotiating and agreeing on in-house quality procedures, standards and/or specifications and formulating a calendar that will be used in the quality monitoring process.
- Receives feedback from both the Deans of academics and the Senate.
- Assists in organising and contributing to the induction of staff on matters to do with quality assurance, including seminars, academic conferences and workshops that may happen from time to time.
- With the assistance of the various deans, he or she coordinates staff performance and evaluation by students and analyses the data with heads of departments every semester.
- Serves as the secretary on University Academic and Planning Committee (APC).
- Works with the deans to ensure that the APC is informed of the outcomes of internal and external evaluations.
- Submits college — level reports on the quality monitoring exercise for submission to the APC, University Wide-Management and Senate.
- Periodically reviews University’s programme together with Deans of Academic and HODs.
- Prepares a schedule indicating when the various programmes will be reviewed.. Works with Deans of academics to produce a report to be submitted to College Academic committee and the Senate.
- Maintains a record of when the programmes were reviewed and maintains programmes from external examiners.
- Together with other officials, he or she decides who among the staff goes for further training and trains the staff in quality assurance matters.
- Any other duties may be assigned to by the Administration.
Desired Attributes and Competences of the suitable applicant for academic positions above
- High integrity, ability to work under minimum supervision.
- Self-motivated with ability to meet deadlines.
- Patriotic citizen.
- Readiness and willingness to assimilate, uphold and promote the teachings and values of the CCAP Synod of Livingstonia.
Method of Application
- Hard Copy
- Candidates should submit applications with an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) with names and contact details of three (3) traceable referees and copies of their academic and professional qualifications, quoting the job title being applied for on the envelope. The applications should be sent to the address below not later.than 11th January, 2019.
- Electronic submission
- The submission of the hard copy should be accompanied by full electronic submission of the application and accompanying materials to be mailed as attachment in PDF or MS Word Format to email@example.com.
The University Registrar P.O. Box 112 MZUZU
The University of Livingstonia, through excellence in teaching, research and learning environment shall educate and inspire students to become principled leaders who will transform society for the glory of God.