University of Malawi College of Medicine Vacancies 2019 for Administrative Assistant (Secretary)
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the University of Malawi College of Medicine Vacancies 2019. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
University of Malawi College of Medicine Vacancies 2019
The Heise Nord Tuberculosis Initiative (HNTI) of the University of Malawi, College of Medicine (CoM), is a collaborative programme between the CoM, the Malawi-Liverpool-Wellcome Trust Clinical Research Programme and the Heise Nord RHF of the University of Tromso in Norway.
The aim of HNTI is to support collaborative and multidisciplinary Tuberculosis research within the CoM, Blantyre, with the long-term goal of building local scientific research capacity that is sustainable, internationally excellent, and that makes a direct contribution to local and international TB diagnostic capacity, control policy, and practice.
HNTI is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position of Administrative Assistant (Secretary) as follows:
Job Title : Administrative Assistant (Secretary)
Reports to : HNTI Scientific Administrator and Principal Investigator
No. of Vacancies : 1
Location : . Blantyre
Duration : . 1-year contract, with a possibility of renewal
To support the HNTI Scientific Administrator and Principal Investigator in providing logistical, administrative, secretarial, public engagement and general office duties.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Managing a busy calendar of appointments and meetings.
- Arranging agendas, meetings, and public engagement tasks.
- Collecting all the reports on behalf of the management.
- Carry out administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, binding, and scanning.
- Assume responsibility for maintenance of office equipment, including computers, copy machines and fax machines.
- Maintaining office supplies by checking inventory and order items.
- Coordinating travel arrangements and hotel reservations for HNTI staff, students and visitors.
- Assist in making fund requests and financial reconciliations.
- Assist in data entry and maintenance of electronic and hard copy filing systems for all HNTI projects.
- Running office errands for the manager if required.
- Assisting in organisation and execution of HNTI funded short courses.
- Any other duties assigned by the controlling officer(s).
Qualification experience and competencies
- Advanced Diploma in Business Administration or Management or relevant qualification from a reputable institution.
- At least 2 years hands on administrative support experience.
- Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook.
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal.
- Good planning and organization skills.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and knowledge of customer service principles.
- Knowledge of operating standard office equipment.
- Ability to work under pressure and tight schedules.
- Ability to prioritize projects and strong problem solving skills.
- Good typing speed (120 words per minute with more than 95% accuracy).
The successful candidate will be offered a 1-year contract with a possibility of renewal upon satisfactory performance.
Applications including detailed curriculum vitae, copies of certificates and names and emails of three traceable referees should be submitted via email to: HNTI@medcol.mw
The closing date for receiving applications is 5:00 pm on Friday, 22nd March, 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.