ACDI/VOCA Recruitment 2018 – Grants Officer… ACDI/VOCA Job recruitment 2018 application form, requirements, qualifications, and guidelines.
I believe you visit this page because you seek information on How to Apply for the ACDI/VOCA Recruitment – Job Vacancy exercise. This page will give you insight on how to apply for ACDI/VOCA recruitment 2018/2019, application form, requirements, qualification, guidelines, portal, and related details.
ACDI/VOCA Recruitment 2018
Applications are invited from in suitably qualified applicants for the 2018/2019 ACDI/VOCA Recruitment exercise. INTERESTED AND SUITABLY QUALIFIED members of the public can apply for any of the positions available at ACDI/VOCA following the procedures on this page.
Before we Continue, Let’s talk a little about ACDI/VOCA:
Since 1963 and in 146 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development and food security in order to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil society. ACDI/VOCA currently has 78 projects in 35 countries and total revenues of approximately $173 million.
ACDI/VOCA Ethiopia would like to invite applicants for Grants Officer for the Feed Enhancement for Ethiopian Development Project– Phases II & III (FEED II and III). Begun in 2013 and to continue through 2022, FEED (phases II and III) is funded by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) and implemented by ACDI/VOCA. The overall goal of FEED is to increase the incomes of Ethiopian smallholder livestock producers by improving access to, and use of, consistent, affordable, high quality animal feed that can support greater livestock productivity and efficiency. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the following position:
Available Job Positions
The following Job Position is available at ACDI/VOCA:
Position Title: Grants Officer
Duty Station: Addis Ababa
Required Number: One
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Officer’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
– Maintain and update grants tracker on a bi-monthly basis. Track and monitor grants by obligation, milestone completion, and by payments made to grantees.
– Notify the Grants Manager, Operations and Program Manager, DCOP, and the senior technical staff responsible for working with the grantee when modifications are needed, or if any performance issues arise.
– Work closely with technical staff to ensure monitoring of grantees, that grants are moving forward, and that obligations are not overspent.
– Prepare cash requests and follow up on payments with the finance department.
– Assure grant process compliance with USDA and ACDI/VOCA regulations as set forth in the grants manual.
– Maintain comprehensive files, including correspondence, approvals and complete sets of documents for each grant in accordance with the Grant Manual.
– Ensure filing of grant related documents electronically using A/V file sharing procedures.
– Assistance in identification of promising grant opportunities in consultation with technical and management staff.
– Assist in preparation of grant agreement documents (following current templates) and other compliance-related documents related to the solicitation, review and approval of grant requests as well as documents relating to the monitoring and close-out of grant awards.
– Participate in the facilitation of the grant review process.
– In conjunction with the Grants Manager, perform pre-award assessments and provide recommendations that address risk mitigation strategies.
– Assist in review and analysis of grantee budget estimates for allowability, allocability, reasonableness, and consistency.
– Work closely with the procurement team to ensure in-kind goods are procured in a timely manner, and are in line with the grant agreement.
– Act as a back-up point of contact for grantees, particularly related to financial issues.
– Participate in monitoring visits with national and regional technical staff to ensure that funds allocated are used for specified purposes.
– Work with grantees/partners as needed to ensure understanding and compliance with grant agreements.
– In close collaboration with the Grants Manager and Operations and Program Manager, conduct internal training sessions on the FEED grants processes including the preparation of grant applications, financial management and reporting requirements.
– Assist the Grants Manager and Operations and Program Manager in obtaining information and documentation requested by ACDI/VOCA HQ during audits and/or internal reviews.
– Make sure that grant related files and records reflect high professional standard and are free of errors.
– Perform other additional duties as assigned by the Grants Manager.
· University Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Economics or related field
· Minimum 3 years of work experience in Grants Management, Accounting, or Finance
· Previous experience with USAID or USDA projects preferred
· Demonstrated writing skills in English
· Proficiency with software such as Word, Excel, SPSS, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills
· Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
· Strong sense of personal initiative and ability to meet deadlines
· Fluency in English and Amharic
· International NGO experience preferred
How to Apply
ACDI/VOCA Recruitment 2018 Application Details:
To be considered for the position, interested applicants are advised to send application letter as well as updated CV on or before November 14, 2018 to
ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer!