Agricultural Transformation Agency Jobs Vacancies 2018 for Director, Program & Project Management – Jobs in Ethiopia
Agricultural Transformation Agency Jobs Vacancy, Agricultural Transformation Agency Recruitment, Agricultural Transformation Agency Jobs Opportunities… Jobs details below…
Agricultural Transformation Agency Jobs Vacancies 2018
The Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Agency (ATA) is a strategy and delivery oriented government agency created to help accelerate the growth and transformation of the country’s agriculture sector. The ATA envisions that, by 2025, smallholder farmers are commercialized with greater incomes, inclusiveness, resilience and sustainability, contributing to Ethiopia’s achievement of middle-income country status.
The agency focuses on two primary national approaches to catalyze agricultural transformation. First, we support the Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock Resources (MoALR), its affiliate institutions, and other partners to identify and address systemic bottlenecks within an Agricultural Transformation Agenda. Second, we support Regional Governments to accelerate development of high-priority commodity value chains in clearly defined geographic clusters, through the Agricultural Commercialization Clusters (ACC) Initiative.
Our major activities include conducting strategic and analytical studies, providing technical implementation support, coordinating platforms to better integrate partners and projects, and designing and directly leading a number of implementation projects. Our headquarters are in Addis Ababa, and we have regional offices in Amhara, Oromia, SNNP, and Tigray regional offices, allowing us to work closely with a wide range of public, private and development sector partners across the country.
We have an exceptional team of highly competent employees with a proven track record of success in managing complex activities and achieving transformational results. Our culture is one where talented, dedicated and adaptable individuals are committed to doing their best and exhibit great team work to achieve excellent results.
At ATA, we provide an exceptional platform for people who want to achieve their highest potential and make a meaningful contribution in changing the country’s agricultural sector. We offer rewarding work in a young, fast-paced growing organization with passionate, committed, motivated colleagues and excellent career development and training. We recognize our most valuable assets are our staff and are committed to providing our employees with the tools, training and mentorships necessary to achieve their career goals.
The Director of Program & Project Management will create and lead a new team within the ATA to accelerate and improve the performance of ATA projects through a Center of Excellence (CoE) as well as coordinate the execution of Priority Initiatives through a nationwide PMO. These Priority Initiatives include the elimination of wheat imports and the increase of food security through dramatically improved maize production. Project management or execution capacity has been identified as a major bottleneck to the transformation of Ethiopia’s agriculture sector, and the Director will be on the front lines of creating national change affecting millions of smallholder farmers.
This position will report directly to the Senior Director of Strategic Services. As part of the Strategic Services department, the Director will work closely with the Performance Management (planning, reporting & evaluation) and Analytics teams and the Delivery Unit at the Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock Resources. The Director will be a key thought partner to the Senior Director in refining the strategy for this department. The position will be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
· Develop and lead a national-level Project Management Office to coordinate, track and support execution of the Priority Initiatives.
· Establish governance, communication and reporting structures to coordinate the efforts of partners from the federal, regional and local levels.
· Ensures clear communication and coordination of activities between the PPM team, project teams, value chain teams, the Delivery Unit, and regional offices for optimal execution of the Priority Initiatives.
· Lead planning of the Priority Initiatives and report on progress to ATA Senior Management and the Minister of Agriculture and Livestock Resources.
· Develop a Project Management Center of Excellence at the ATA that provides tools, processes and training to ATA Project Team Leaders, and eventually partner Project Team Leaders
· Identify and prioritize specific projects and activities that require enhanced project management support.
· Seek feedback from ATA teams and our partners regarding improvements to Project Management tools, training and support.
· Hire, manage and develop PPM team members.
· Provide portfolio management insights to the Senior Management Team – look across ATA projects and the Priority Initiatives to identify common trends, areas for collaboration with partners, potential bottlenecks, risks, and opportunities for refocus or expansion.
· Master’s degree in business, economics, engineering or other relevant field. Professional certification in Project Management preferred.
· At least 10 years’ relevant professional experience in the direct management of large, complex, long-term projects in the private sector or in international development, including responsibility for people management, goalsetting, budgeting, work planning, meeting targets, and capacity building.
· Experience working with Ethiopian government institutions highly preferred.
· Highly structured thinker and communicator – you can quickly and clearly envision and explain a system that makes people’s jobs easier.
· Demonstrated ability to build relationships and influence people without authority – you get things done even when people don’t report to you and have different priorities.
· Good judgement and decisiveness in choosing among competing priorities – you can wisely lead your team in a rapidly changing environment with limited information.
· Passion and talent for training, coaching, and capacity building – you share your learnings with others in a way that fits their needs, and enjoy the growth and success of others.
· Highly adaptive and resourceful problem solver in rapidly changing environments – you enjoy the challenge of rapid invention and iteration and come up with surprisingly practical solutions.
· Energized by a fast-moving environment with an emphasis on high performance, accountability and results – you have a drive for excellence and enjoy being around others with the same drive
· Strong set of personal values, including integrity, honesty and desire to be of service – this is your bedrock when all else is uncertain.
· Fluency in English and Amharic required.
How to Apply
We invite all candidates meeting the required qualifications to submit (i) a cover letter, (ii) CV (maximum 5 pages), and (iii) a completed ATA Application Form at http://apply.ata.gov.et.
Women are highly encouraged to apply.
NB. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.