Agricultural Transformation Agency Jobs Vacancy 2018 for Director, Agricultural Commercialization Clusters – Jobs in Ethiopia
Agricultural Transformation Agency Jobs Vacancy, Agricultural Transformation Agency Recruitment, Agricultural Transformation Agency Jobs Opportunities… See Details
Agricultural Transformation Agency Jobs Vacancy 2018
Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Agency
Position: Director, Agricultural Commercialization Clusters (ACC)
– Term of Employment: Fixed
– Duty Station(s): Addis Ababa
– Required Number: One
– Salary & Benefits: Competitive
– Application Deadline: September 18, 2018
– The ACC Director will lead the refinement of ACC strategies, integrate ACC strategies with national priorities (Agro-industrial parks, AGP and others), represent ACC in strategic platforms (Inter-ministerial, parliament , command post etc.), develop capacity building plan for regional ACC, serve as an independent voice to ATA senior management team and the CEO to gage the progress of cluster strategies implementation on ATA priorities and act as a risk mitigating agent in the project management office (PMO). In addition, the ACC Director will create national level platforms to bridge the gap of public and private sector to maximize the commercialization of small farmers output. The ACC director will report to the Senior Director of the CEO office
The main responsibilities of the ACC Director include:
• Lead the refinement of ACC/cluster strategies with the support of ATA senior management team and the CEO
• Align ACC strategies with national priorities and flagship programs to enhance the integration of ACC strategies to the transformation of the agricultural sector
• Lead ACC stakeholder interaction with federal, regional and other implementation partners
• Plan and deploy technical expertise to the regions in an optimal manner to ensure Value chain interventions are executed in a pre-set standards
• Develop capacity building plans to ensure skill transfer in increasing production and productivity and marketing while transformational mindset is instilled in regional staff
• Co-coordinating public-private stakeholders’ alignment on ACC strategies and deliverables
• Ensure effective regular communication with the various government offices, the private sector and development partner
• Support the Project Management Office to achieve its intended results
• Support the mobilization of domestic and external resources for the ACC Initiative, including development of project proposals, as necessary
• Support the facilitation of private sector investments and provide on-going problem-solving support by closely working with the concerned stakeholders
• Master’s degree or equivalent in Agricultural sciences, Economics, Agribusiness, Business Management, or other relevant fields.
• At least ten (10) years professional experience supporting areas such as
o planning and implementation of activities at organization level
o Market-led value chain development and upgrading activities (preferably including project management of large-scale agricultural development, agro-processing and/or agribusiness focused initiatives).
• At least five (5) years of leadership and/or managerial experience.
• Good experience of working at Federal, regional and civil society or private sector sectors.
• Excellent stakeholder management skills including thorough knowledge and understanding of various regional level and federal level institutions; extensive experience in facilitating dialogue with relevant public and private stakeholders
• Fluency in English and Amharic required; fluency in regional language(s) advantageous.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, with highly collaborative working style.
• Experience in working with multi-cultural teams preferred.
• Excellent analytical, problem-solving and reporting skills.
• Strong set of personal values including integrity, honesty and desire to be of service.
• Ability and willingness to shoulder responsibilities under hectic conditions (in terms of overlapping assignments that may happen occasionally).
• Ability to thrive in a fast-moving environment, with an emphasis on high performance, teamwork, accountability and results.
Education Level : Master’s
Experience : 10-15 years
City : Addis Ababa
State : Addis Ababa
Country : Ethiopia
How to Apply
We invite all candidates meeting the required qualifications to submit (i) a cover letter, (ii) CV (maximum 5 pages), and (iii) a completed ATA Application Form at http://apply.ata.gov.et. or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org Women are highly encouraged to apply. Closing date: September 18, 2018 NB. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.