Aids Healthcare Foundation Jobs Vacancies 2018 for Accounts Assistant – Jobs in Ethiopia
አዳዲስ ስራዎች በኢትዮጵያ ውስጥ, Aids Healthcare Foundation Jobs Vacancy, Aids Healthcare Foundation Recruitment, Aids Healthcare Foundation Jobs Opportunities… Job s details below…
ተፈላጊው አመልካች (ዎች) ይህንን እድል ለማጣራት በዚህ ገጽ ላይ ያሉትን ዝርዝሮች እና ሂደቶች ለመከተል.
Aids Healthcare Foundation Vacancies 2018
- BackgroundAIDS Healthcare Foundation is a global not-for-profit organization that provides cutting edge medicine and advocacy to more than 980,000 patients in 41 countries and is headquartered at Los Angeles, California, USA.
Since 1987, AHF has cared for thousands of people living with HIV and AIDS worldwide. As we create and implement unparalleled programs in new communities globally, we expand delivery of healthcare and influence over policy with the sole aim of saving more lives.
The Accounts Assistant will be in charge of AHF-Ethiopia basic accounting related financial activities and ensuring adherence to AHF finance policies and procedures while executing all financial duties of the organization. The employee will work under the guidance of Finance and Administration Manager of AHF-Ethiopia Country Office.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for carrying out AHF-Ethiopia day-to-day accounting related financial activities including finance clerical works
- Receive and record all financial documents, and regularly maintain proper filing system for all financial documents
- Prepare requisition forms, payment vouchers and all associated supporting documents to be certified and approved by the Finance Manager and accounting firm
- Check consistencies with quotations for procurements and bid analysis as part of the procurement committee/ Administrative Assistant
- Maintain the accurate and regular posting of financial data on the accounting software and ensure accurate coding of all payment vouchers and accountabilities
- Receive/record all accountabilities and cash refunds received from staff/partners
- Timely liquidation of advances and timely preparation of receipts and deposit of all cash receipts to AHF bank account; notify management on non-complaint staff/partners
- Ensure taxes and pension are paid timely to the appropriate authority
- Ensure new information of new incoming employee is filled in proper formats and reported to Private Organizations Employees Social Security Agency(POESSA)
- Ensure monthly telephone, internet, water and electric bills are paid timely.
- Manage the petty cash fund for the office and ensure timely replenishment of the fund to avoid outages
- Dispatching of cheques, CPOs, and EFT confirmations to respective vendors/recipients
- In collaboration with the Administrative Assistant, take part in the preparation and regularly updating of fixed asset register, engrave assets, identify/notify management assets due for disposal and participate in midyear/annual stock counts and asset verification
- Effect monthly payments to casuals, regular-casuals and locums in accordance with their contracts
- Follow up and collect staff medical reimbursement from designated insurance company and disburse the refunded amount to appropriate staff.
- Act as focal person for all communication with the local bank, collect cheque books, statements and bank advises
- Prepare and submit weekly and monthly cash projections to ensure optimal cash levels in the absence of the Finance and Administration Manager
- Take on additional responsibilities as assigned by the Finance and Administration Manager or Country Program Manager
Education, Qualification, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related finance fields from a recognized institution
- Minimum of three years’ experience in a field related to finance and accounting duties
- Experience working in NGO operating in HIV/AIDS, healthcare delivery systems or related fields
- Excellent computer skills especially Excel spreadsheets and Ms Word
- Experience and knowledge in usage of any Accounting Software; Knowledge and experience using QuickBooks is an advantage
- Enjoys working as a member of a cohesive multi-cultural team
- Good communication skills in English and Amharic
How to Apply
Interested candidates should apply by email to: Regional Human Resources Manager – AHF Africa Bureau, through: email@example.com
The application must include cover letter of interest, detailed updated CV, copies of academic documents and other credentials to be submitted before the deadline.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
NB: – Please don’t forget to write the position you are applying on the subject line of your email.