Population Services International (PSI) hereby invites applications from Ethiopia for recruitment to an Associate Scale-Up Manager, RISE Position at Population Services International (PSI). The application will close on 02 Nov 2020.
Location: Adama, Hawasa, Bahirdar, Mekelle
Population Services International (PSI) advertised posts are as follows:
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
You will work under the supervision of the Scale-up manager, RISE. More specifically, you will
- Support to design (for adaptive learning and implementation); Evidence-based decision making; Youth engagement; Team Management and Contribute to the growth of the IFI office
- Implement RISE roadmap of horizontal scale-up successfully with a defined set of activities; clear roles & responsibilities; MEL framework and Key performance indicators including dashboard designed on DHIS2 that aligned with MOH’s HMIS and DHIS2.
- Track the deliverables of the scale-up in the region s/he is assigned including at district and facility levels
- Orient, train, coach, and mentor the implementers of the scale-up at regional, zonal, woreda, PHCUs, and HPs levels
- Steer the learning and knowledge management process within RISE and on the AYSRH activities in general.
- Ensure that quality service delivery for the girls is always the principle when implementing AYSRH activities
- Closely work with the design team at PSI/E to support continuous adaptive implementation so that operational excellence will be achieved.
- Closely work with the RISE Institutionalization advisor and the team to track the interface between system influence and scale up over time.
- Support and contribute to the development, design, testing, and execution of RISE horizontal scale-up strategies
- Support and contribute to the development of a clear set of criteria on the enrolment of kebeles and how to lead the expansion within a given region and woreda. Eventually, owns the implementation expansion
- Lead the mapping and engagement of key stakeholders at regional, zonal, woreda, and community levels
- Ensure that the mapping, mobilization, and counseling of girls are being led by the joint role of WDAs and HEWs in that PHCUs and woreda health offices extend sufficient support
- Provide guidance and support on the sustainability and continuation of RISE activities at each kebeles
- Contribute to the development and roll out a clear set of community engagement strategies
- Support and guide PSI/E regional teams to assist RHB and woredas to clearly include RISE in their annual plan, budget, and reports
- Provide strategic guidance so that the woreda health offices, the PHCUs, HEWs, and community structures take ownership of the implementation of RISE activities
- In collaboration with MEL, teams track progress and successes of the scale-up process
- Make sure that the youth and women will have the space to demonstrate their engagement at all levels
- Technically and administratively, manage and support the regional level AYSRH teams
- Design a mechanism to support and coaching staffs who will have LOE working with RHB.
What it takes to succeed
- System Thinker: Who understand the Ethiopian Primary Health care system and able to easily identify, leaver and amplify the nuances for effective scale up and operational excellence.
- A self-starter: You can work independently with minimal supervision; you are proactive in looking for new opportunities.
- Consistent and determined: Scale up within more than 400 Woredas will be considerably challenging that requires some on to be proactively on top of operation challenges which will vary from place to place. A person who is determined and always look at the bigger picture regardless of the challenges on the daily basis is needed
- Eager and Passionate to serve young people: RISE is for and with the young people in general and married adolescent girls/couples.
- Communicator: who has excellent interpersonal and written communication skill so that operation SOPs are cascaded properly.
- Evidence based decision Maker: capable to interpret both qualitative and quantitative data, transform it into compelling communication material to influence both mind sets, and skill sets as scale up is all about infrastructure as well as people.
- Flexible: who is capable to see other alternatives when trail/attempts fail; someone with strong conviction that CHANGE
What are we looking for? The basics
- Master’s degree in Public Health, SRH, population studies or related fields with six (6) years of demonstrated experience in Ethiopian Primary Health Care system particularly in operation and scale up and out of which four (4) years at a Managerial level
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, SRH, population studies or related fields with six (8) years of demonstrated experience in Ethiopian Primary Health Care system particularly in operation and scale up and out of which four (4) years at Managerial level
- Able to work within a very complex, program set up that involves government, implementing partner and high touch donor
What would get us excited?
- Computer application skills.
- Experience in working, flexible and agile partnership management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and other local languages.
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- Experience in technical project implementation in general and family planning.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and with limited supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and good team spirit.
- Willingness to travel up to 50% time away from head office.
- Ability to follow deadlines, accuracy, and attention to detail.
- Have key competencies such as being Detail-oriented; Good delegator; Strong Manager; Believes in young people particularly in girls; Emotional intelligence; Master planner and executor; Good at multi-tasking; Problem-solving mentality; Demonstrated flexibility.
- Ability to deliver in time under stressful situation without compromising quality
How to Apply
Are you intrigued? Apply!
By following our 3 steps application process:
1. Fill out the application form using the following link: Online Application Form. It will only take 5 to 10 minutes.
2. Send your CV and application letter to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly mark “Application Associate Scale Up Manager, RISE Position” in the subject line.
3. Check your email and make sure you receive an automatic response acknowledging receipt of your application that means your application was successful. If you don’t receive the automatic response, check again your subject line and if needed, re-submit your CV and application letter with the correct subject.
Application deadline November 2, 2020 We’ll call or e-mail you back if there is a good fit on both sides.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation or disability.