Bright Future Initiative Jobs Vacancy 2018 for Project Coordinator
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Applicants for the Bright Future Initiative Jobs Vacancy 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Bright Future Initiative Jobs Vacancy 2018
Bright Future Initiative (BFI) is a non- profit making and non- partisan organization established in 1999 with the purpose of improving thelives of marginalized urban and rural communities especially women, children and youth through capacity building, rehabilitation, education, livelihood support and psychosocial services.Bright Future Initiative (BFI) has been registered with Federal Charities and Societies and is operating as per the legal framework of Federal Charities and Societies Agency.
The Organization wants to fill vacant position of highly qualified and experienced Project Coordinator for its new Bridge the Gap – Community Based Disability Inclusive Development in East Gojjam to be implemented in Debre Markos, Bichena and Dejene districts in partnership with ChristoffelBlinden Mission (CBM).
Project Coordinator position is responsible to implement Bridge the Gap – Community Based Disability Inclusive Development Project(CBID) implementation in Debre Markos, Bichena and Dejene districts of East Gojjam Zone, Amhara Region, including budget, programme design, development, project monitoring and evaluation.
- Coordinate Bridge the Gap – CBID project implementation in collaborative with partners in the implementation areas of Bridge the Gap.
- Technical support – Ensure adherence to the CBID methodology and quality implementation, especially with regards to advocacy components.
- Programmatic support – Ensure results-based implementation and reporting, adherence to M&E plan and project documents, support partners in HR processes, etc.
- Financial management support – in collaboration with BFI Head Office finance team, ensure the adherence to highest quality of financial management and accountability
- Other support – Ensure donor compliance e.g. child safeguarding, whistle blowing, reporting, visibility, etc.
- Undertake frequent field monitoring visits
- Lead on drafting reports to CBM based on the requirements
Manage project activities and budgets for which CBM are in lead, including:
- Organize different trainings and workshops for local stakeholders, project staff and other disability actors using learnings from Bridge the Gap
- Link mainstream developmental actors with disability actors for shared planning and implementation
- Establish a steering committee to execute shared programme activities, follow-up of implementation and for smooth sustainability process
- Follow up the budget planning, utilizationand reporting process with finance team on the team and BFI head office
- Record all results and analysis of project monitoring results/data that are stored at the project level, with important/ strategic findings (lessons learned, best practices, evidence base) also stored at BFI coordination and head offices;
- All project data should be easily accessible for use in project monitoring and evaluations as well as for evidence to be used in zonal, regional and national level advocacy and alliance-building;
- Regularly check and review project documentation by project team at project office level
- Ensure that processes and procedures organizationally and at individual project staff level, meet the project requirements for proper quality management and implementation of activities/interventions of the projects;
- Ensure that principles and practice of disability inclusive development are woven through the design and implementation of the projects;
- Develop contacts with as many as possible relevant external parties to develop network and alliances;
- Plan and organizeforums/seminars exposing projects’ successes and positive results that are supported by evidence, inviting relevant district, zonal and regional levels government offices and other players;
- Conduct scheduled supportive monitoring and evaluations and share results accordingly for advocacy purposes;
- Ensure project staff are provided with the necessary guidance and supervision as to what they should do related to the implementation of project by; providing regular coaching and mentoring to project staff for effective and efficient project implementation.
Relationship and Communication:
- Liaise with partners (government, non-government disability actors, community-based institutions, DPOs) in terms of good communication;
- Facilitate effective communication with the donor and stakeholders;
- Taking up any other tasks assigned by the organization
Education, Knowledge & Professional Experience:
- BA/ MA degree in Development Studies, Social Sciences, Community Development with related work experiences.
- Proven work experiences of Minimum 5 years for BA and 4 years for MA/MSc holders; out of which at least 3years in community based rehabilitation program (CBR);
- NGO Experience as coordinator and/or manager position is highly preferred;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and maintain strong cross-cultural professional relationships
- Experience working with people with disabilities and the disability inclusive development sector a considerable advantage
- Excellent personal and public communication and negotiation skills with all types and levels of stakeholders
- Very good understanding of principles in result-oriented iPCM
- Experience in programmatic and financial reporting to international donors
- Good people management and inter-personal skills
- Leadership and Problem solving;
- Public relations, networking and negotiation,
- Committed to tasks and deadlines – hardworking and punctual;
- Computer Literate and have practical skills of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power point, Internet and E-mail communications;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in both Amharic and English Languages
How to Apply
Candidates with the required profile and proven experiences, who meet these qualifications, are invited to submit via e-mail, a meaningful letter of motivation, stating why he/she wishes to work for BFI, CV (not longer than 3 pages), and three professional references by email to: [email protected]
BFI encourages persons with disabilities and women who qualify to apply for this position.