Care Jobs Vacancies 2018 for Hygiene and Sanitation Officer (Oromia)
Care Jobs Vacancy, Care Recruitment, Care Jobs Opportunities… Jobs details below…
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the Care Jobs Vacancies 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Care Jobs Vacancies 2018
Objectives: The purpose of the Hygiene and Sanitation Officer position is to oversee the development of CARE’s work in line with priorities identified in the Long Range Strategic Plan (LRST), provide technical advice in the planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of sanitation components of projects, build the capacity of CARE and its partners in technical issues pertinent to the sector and develop and strengthen partnerships among sector stakeholders, government departments and NGOs for effective collaboration and co-ordination.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
Organizing and Networking
- Organizes campaigns and regular programmes with the aim of educating the Community in the need for preventive services of personal and hygienic measures;
- Organizes water committee with extension agents or community groups, or other kebele and village agents of the targeted beneficiaries;
- Holds meetings with all members of target beneficiaries and promote their awareness on waters, sanitation and hygiene;
- Works closely with field staff in the dissemination of health/hygiene related materials/information;
- Liaises with all stakeholders and works closely with community establishments such as schools, health centres, government and Voluntary agencies to ensure hygiene health education and disease prevention.
- Facilitate targeting of eligible beneficiaries and ensure project deliverables are reaching the target community.
Capacity Building and Technical Support
- Prepares hygiene and sanitation education materials, develops simple training modules and carries out training activities for the community and extension staff on basic sanitation, including site selection, construction and use of pit latrines, nutrition, proper water storage and use, hygienic food handling, proper disposal of waste, cleaning of public places and eradication of other hazards to sanitation;
- Directs public action to promote the health of the community especially to eradicate or control infectious diseases and diseases of major economic and social importance such as diarrhoea, tuberculosis, venereal diseases;
- Takes water samples from constructed schemes and facilitates the water quality tests;
- Assists the water engineer (when important), the extension agents and works closely with them in disseminating health hygiene and sanitation education;
- Advises on measures to improve community health including action regarding sanitation, preserving the purity of water and air and controlling insects dangerous to health.
- Closely follow up, strengthen, establish and supervise the WaSH committee in villages and kebeles
Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting
- Support in all phases of the programme cycle, from appraisal, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation through regular field visits, training-based capacity building, and desk-based feedback;
- Periodically consult and create the right working condition with staff of Zonal and woreda Water Resources and health Office to promote and monitor impact of sanitation and water related works;
- Provides advice regarding procurement of WaSH supplies including chemicals, detergents and kits;
- Produces monthly and quarterly reports and submit to the supervisor.
- Keeps up to date with developments in the sector, including best practice examples in-country and internationally, and ensure ongoing personal development and learning;
- Participates in the documentation and dissemination of lessons learned.
How to Apply
If you are interested to be part of our dynamic team, exciting work environment and contribute to CARE Ethiopia’s mission and vision, please forward your: CV (not more than 3 page) and cover letter (not more than one page) to [email protected], hardcopy/paper applications will not be accepted.
Note: On the subject Line, please clearly write the position you are applying
Passionate and dedicated candidates who meet the requirement are strongly encouraged to apply, especially women