Care Recruitment 2018 for Thematic Lead
Care Jobs Vacancy, Care Recruitment, Care Jobs Opportunities… Jobs details below…
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the Care Jobs Vacancies 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Care Jobs Vacancies 2018
CARE International is a multi-sector humanitarian and development agency working in 80 countries to fight social injustice. Focusing on women and girls, we do this by supporting their right to food and nutrition security; sexual, reproductive and maternal health; a life free from violence and access to and control of economic resources among other priorities. CARE International’s Global 2020 Strategy prioritises three approaches that will help us meet and sustain our ambitious goals through promoting gender equality, resilience and inclusive governance.
About the Program
The BRE program intends to contribute to the objective of an ‘Ethiopia that is more resilient to climate and humanitarian shocks’. This will be through the provision of technical assistance and support to the ‘Government of Ethiopia to lead and deliver an effective, more self-financed and accountable response to climate and humanitarian shocks.’ Specifically, the CARE component of the BRE program will provide technical assistance to the National Disaster Risk Management Commission (NDRMC), with a view to support Disaster Risk Management (DRM) leadership and coordination of effective and accountable humanitarian response.
The BRE program theory of change is structured around the need to ensure: high quality technical assistance; the delivery of increased finance through Government systems; the freeing-up of humanitarian actor to work on areas where capacity is weak or areas of extreme and emergency need; and high-quality monitoring for improved decision-making and policy development.
The Thematic Lead will lead a team that will be responsible for quality assurance and the delivery of substantive improvements in DRM/humanitarian response. This includes:
- Building the capacity of the NDRMC to implement of the Disaster Risk Management – Strategic Policy Implementation Framework;
- Reviewing current needs assessments, targeting and prioritization for EWS and social protection schemes to better inform DRM and humanitarian response;
- Supporting early warning data analysis and production including but not limited to ensuring the availability of real time and climate science data;
- Providing support to NDRMC Leadership, coordination and planning of humanitarian response including managing declarations of emergencies to ensure more timely action;
- Improving the continuum of response between humanitarian food assistance and social safety net programs;
- Effective DRM/humanitarian capacity building of line ministries who work with the NDRMC to ensure effective humanitarian delivery in their sector area;
- Harnessing climate finance to improve DRM functions in supporting poor people;
- Ensure that gender considerations are part of the technical support and capacity building provided to NDRMC and relevant actors;
- Overseeing all CARE components of the project including work planning and budgeting (and any revisions these may need over the life of the project) to ensure CARE is meeting its contractual obligations;
- Managing the project team (senior and junior consultants) to ensure that CARE is delivering against agreed outputs, outcomes, and objectives.
Education/Training: Master’s degree in a relevant subject;
- At least 10 years of experience in a senior position associated with Disaster Risk Management that includes specific experience with early warning systems and humanitarian response/delivery;
- Relevant experience in Ethiopia and familiarity with government DRM structures, policies, and processes;
- Robust experience in emergency contexts having been directly involved in managing a humanitarian appeal and/or delivering emergency services and support to communities;
- Experience in gender-sensitive humanitarian program design/emergency response;
- Substantial experience in relationship development, coordination, and management with government entities, donors, UN agencies, and development actors;
- Proven experience providing technical advice in areas of expertise to varied audiences;
- Leading and managing teams of specialists and consultants;
- Working on DFID contracts (desirable).
Skills and Expertise:
- Specific technical capacity in the various stages of the DRM cycle—DRR, adaptation, mitigation, and response;
- Developing and maintaining strong, inclusive and collaborative working relationships with multiple actors – Government, UN agencies, NGOs and private sector;
- Understanding of monitoring, evaluation and learning and how to effectively use lessons learned to improve program design and program outcomes;
- Development, implementation, monitoring, and revision of work plans and budgets in conjunction with donors;
- Thinking and working strategically and effectively across thematic areas;
- Effectively combining strong technical and project administration skills;
- Addressing and improving weak performance including within the team and of sub-contractors;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Robust writing and presentation skills;
- Strong ability to think critically and problem solve;
- Fluency in Amharic language (desirable).
How to Apply
If you are interested to be part of our dynamic team, exciting work environment and contribute to CARE Ethiopia’s mission and vision, please forward your: CV (not more than 3 page) and cover letter (not more than one page) to HR.ETHJobs@care.org, hardcopy/paper applications will not be accepted.
Note: On the subject Line, please clearly write the position you are applying
Passionate and dedicated candidates who meet the requirement are strongly encouraged to apply, especially women