Catholic Church Social Development Coordinating office of Meki Jobs Vacancy 2018 for Monitoring and Data Management officer
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Applicants for the Catholic Church Social Development Coordinating office of Meki Jobs Vacancy 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Catholic Church Social Development Coordinating office of Meki Jobs Vacancy 2018
Ethiopian Catholic Church Social Development Commission Coordinating Branch office of Meki (ECC-SDCBOM) is a faith based Non-Governmental Organization having Social Development activities in the Vicariate of Meki. The Social Development activities are carried out under the Social and Development Commission Branch Office.
Ethiopian Catholic Church Social & Development Commission Branch Office of Meki needs to employ personnel on the Monitoring and Data Management officer Job areas.
Purpose of the Position:
The Monitoring and Data Management Officer will be responsible for implementing and managing the project ICT4D M&E system build on Simple Measurements of Indicators for Learning and Evidence based Reporting (SMILER). The Monitoring and Data Management Officer will support and develop ICT4D MEAL capacities of project staff for managing and implementation of SMILER M&E system. S/he will be responsible to ensure ECC-SDCCOM and donor meets its MEAL Policies and Procedures (MPP)
The Monitoring and Data Management Officer will provide technical support to project team to lead to strong, effective and coordinated ICT4D Monitoring, Evaluation. Accountability & Learning (MEAL) systems in accordance with ECC-SDCCOM and Donor standards. The Monitoring and Data Management Officer will ensure that project teams adopt a systematic approach to ICT4D MEAL, are able to effectively track outputs and outcomes of the projects and ensuring that monitoring data is uploaded to centralized data management system. In addition, the Monitoring and Data Management Officer will advise and support to strengthen project ICT4D MEAL mechanisms is implemented as intended by the project. The Monitoring and Data Management Officer will also ensure that the project ICT4D system maintains and capture on beneficiary accountability mechanisms.
The Monitoring and Data Management Officer will provide ICT4D monitoring and data management support to Woreda MEAL experts with the guidance from ECC-SDCBOM MEAL Manager.
Key /Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
Planning and Implementation
- Support project teams in initiating information gathering at Community level through ICT4D devices and upload to project centralized data management system
- Proactively support project development processes, particularly on logic of intervention (Theory of Change, logical frameworks and MEAL plans), with an emphasis on ensuring sound understanding of how changes happen and sound projects logic and objective setting that is informed by contextual information and contribute to ensuring adherence to projects quality standards.
- Lead on the development of MEAL plans in project proposals and on estimating and setting MEAL resources in proposals’ budgets, in consultation with the project’s teams
- Promote and support active participation of projects and beneficiaries in projectdevelopment and design
- Prepares monthly, quarterly and annual MEAL action plans jointly with projects teams and ensure their timely implementation
- Perform other duties as assigned by Area MEAL Manager
- Ensures ICT4D devices are utilized efficiently for the appropriate implementation of the project activities
- Facilitates capacity building/skill upgrading training of the project staff and local community in consultation with the ECC-SDCBOM MEAL Manager
- Support project teams and staff to develop a culture of downward accountability, commitment to continuous improvement, openness to learning from mistakes, drive for demonstrating impact and drive to increase projects impact.
- Build project teams’ and staff capacity in project & project design processes
- Provide timely and high-quality advice related to project ICT4D and data management to projects managers and technical officers as required.
- Proactively support and advice on recruitment and induction of MEAL and relevant Project staff
- Line manage the Woreda MEAL Experts and ensure that the post holder receives adequate training, mentoring and coaching
- Provide effective performance management support to supervised staff by facilitating the development and monitoring of personal performance objectives that are consistent with the team’s projects MEAL needs.
- In collaboration with ECC-SDCBOM MEAL manager facilitate the development of high quality and clear ToRs for MEAL assessments/studies/surveys, and support in the identification, selection and quality implementation of assessments/studies/surveys related to MEAL
- Facilitate quarterly joint monitoring and review meetings among the staff
- Coordinates monitoring and data management of the project activity in line with the objectives of the project
- Organizes the project MEAL team to be committed to carry out their duties and responsibilities on the basis of participatory approach and teamwork
- Organize and facilitate ICT4D MEAL training sessions for Managers, expert and targeted communities
- Coordinate with other projects and support department and sections (admin, finance, human resource)
- Participates in key stakeholders joint planning and collaboration events
- Ensure effective ICT4D MEAL coordination
- Participate in and contribute to relevant inter-agency efforts to agree and develop coordinated / joint M&E and accountability frameworks and mechanisms.
- Represent project on external working groups when relevant and ensure the project has appropriate visibility.
- Ensure that Projects Managers and Technical leads provide accurate information, in an appropriate format, for Donors and Government monitoring systems
- Proactively engage with Project staff to share knowledge and to identify best practice in the ECC-SDCCOM project intervention areas.
- Contribute to and support implementation of ECC-SDCCOM MEAL strategies, policies and initiatives
- Confirm project ICT4D materials availability, handling and utilization level at woreda office.
- Confirm documentation of project data are appropriate and according to project plans
- Confirm project MEAL activity financial utilization status is as per the approved line item, ECC-SDCCOM financial procedures and policies
Communication and representation
- Creates a better working relation, networking and partnership with the local community and concerned Woreda and Zone government institutions
- Performs other related activities as assigned by immediate supervisor
Reporting and documentation
- Review and compile monthly, quarterly and annual/biannual project MEAL performance report to the Area MEAL Manager within five days of the next reporting month
- Makes available any necessary documentation at the project site and provides to Area MEAL Manager when required
- Ensure that all donor requirements are met, including timely preparation of Project MEAL reports
- Ensure adequate filing system is maintained for projects at Woreda office level;
- Ensure that all donor, ECC-SDCCOM and government requirements are met
Monitoring and evaluation
- Ensure monitoring of project activities within agreed timeframe.
- Leads and facilitates project level assessments, data collection and analysis of primary and secondary information sources of relevance to contribute to agreed project activities
- Oversee quality assurance of all field data collection exercises, data management, and analysis.
- Prepare, review and approve reports with qualitative and quantitative MEAL findings
- Support identification, testing and rolling-out ICT4D (e.g. iPad collection, participatory methods).
- Work closely with project Managers in ensuring that all MEAL processes, methodologies and tools are gender sensitive.
- Contribute to timely and quality internal and external reporting of projects performance
- Develop and continuously follow up accountability strategy and lead on implementation Projects wide feedback and complaint mechanisms in line with ECC-SDCCOM standards.
- Overseeing and quality assurance of feedback and complaint mechanisms.
- Share relevant MEAL findings with Projects teams and management in appropriate format to ensure the Projects learning.
Term of Employment: Contact based
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- MA/MSC, BA/BSc in economics, agricultural business management, agricultural economics, agriculture, IT, statistics, rural development or another related field from recognized universities/colleges
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience for MA/MSc or 5 years for BSc/BA in MEAL
- NGO experience is preferable
Competencies /Knowledge, Ability and Skill
- Strong organizational skills and with strong competencies in project cycle management
- Excellent supervisory skills
- A people-person, able to supervise and motivate staff and partners to develop and maintain quality programming. A solid team player who is able to work with a diverse group of people and organizations
- Strong communicator with good presentation, written and organizational skills.
- Energy and stamina to withstand long working hours and often stressful conditions.
- Capacity in financial management
- Good computer skills, word, excel, power point, use of internet
- Knowledge of English and local language is required.
- Practical experience and understanding of the relevant technical competencies required
- Experience and skills in playing a supportive role, demonstrating ability to support field teams’ members to deliver results for operational work
- Able to plan and monitor the use of human, material and financial resources based on the approved plans and strategies
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and sensitively within different value systems, diverse cultures and commitment to gender equity and empowerment
- Demonstrated experience of integrating cross cutting issues and diversity into programming
How to Apply
Applicants should submit their CV and other necessary documents to ECC-SDCBOM, Meki town, HR Office and Branch offices HR
Address: ECC-SDCBOM, P.O.Box 43,Meki, Telephone: 022-1-18 0798 or 022-1-180193
E-mail: [email protected]