Cbm Country Office Jobs Vacancies 2018 for Programme Coordinator – Jobs in Ethiopia
አዳዲስ ስራዎች በኢትዮጵያ ውስጥ, Cbm Country Office Jobs Vacancy, Cbm Country Office Recruitment, Cbm Country Office Jobs Opportunities… Job s details below…
ተፈላጊው አመልካች (ዎች) ይህንን እድል ለማጣራት በዚህ ገጽ ላይ ያሉትን ዝርዝሮች እና ሂደቶች ለመከተል.
Cbm Country Office Jobs Vacancies 2018
CBM: is an international Christian disability and inclusive development organization whose primary purpose is to improve quality of life of the world’s poorest persons with disabilities and those at risk of disability, who live in the most disadvantaged societies. We are looking to recruit the following position.
Implements specific programmes or projects, including budget, programme design, development, project monitoring and evaluation
Support implementation partners and collaborative partners in the implementation of Bridge the Gap. This includes:
- Technical support – Ensure adherence to the CBID methodology and quality implementation, especially with regards to advocacy components. This includes liaise with relevant CBM Global Initiatives, hereunder organise visits by regional and global technical advisors
- Programmatic support – Ensure results-based implementation and reporting, adherence to M&E plan and project documents, support partners in HR processes, etc.
- Financial management support – In collaboration with CBM financial officers, support partners to adhere to highest quality of financial management and accountability
- Other support – Ensure donor compliance e.g. visibility, etc.
- Undertake monthly field monitoring visits
- Lead on drafting annual reporting to Irish Aid
Manage project activities and budgets for which CBM are in lead, including:
- Organise model CBID training workshops for national disability actors using learnings from Bridge the Gap
- Organise disability inclusive development (DID) training workshops for mainstream development stakeholders including Irish Aid
- Link mainstream developmental actors with disability actors for shared planning and implementation
- Establish a steering committee to execute shared programme visits and follow-up of implementation
- As part of the CBM Global CBID Initiative, facilitate research in collaboration with universities in Ethiopia and Ireland.
- Develop scheduled communication (verbal and written) with partners regarding the status of implementation of project activities and act accordingly to help and facilitate the resolution of all problems as they may occur. All communications that are important should be documented in writing for reference;
- Conduct regular monitoring visits as per CBM’s standards;
- Follow up the budget application process with partners and operations at RO;
- Ensure request of funds from partners are submitted and reviewed in a timely manner;
- Provide support and advisory to 3partners in implementing the programme/project activities and budgets, including procurement;
- Provide constructive and quality feedback to partners if and when necessary;
- Be critical when conducting monitoring visit on issues related to appropriateness of activities and approaches used by partners, such as those affecting sustainability, child safeguarding, gender issues etc;
- Liaise with the Programme Finance team in validating request of funds/ call ups, financial narrative reports, follow up on advisory notes, filled statistics forms, project contracts, and any other document that may be required.
- Record all results and analysis of project monitoring results/data that are stored at the project level by partners, with important/ strategic findings (lessons learned, best practices, evidence base) also stored at CBM office;
- All project monitoring data should be easily accessible for use in project evaluations as well as for evidence to be used in national level advocacy and alliance-building;
- Regularly check and review project documentation by partners
- Ensure that processes and procedures organisationally and at individual project staff level, meet the project requirements for proper quality management and implementation of activities/interventions of the projects;
- Ensure that principles and practice of disability inclusive development are woven through the design and implementation of the projects;
- Develop the capacity of Partners in various programme themes to promote CBMs programme approach and standards in child safeguarding, gender, disability and development, M&E, IPCM etc;
- Provide support to the Wider Implementation of the Child Safeguarding Policy and Including Capacity Development;
- Develop contacts with as many as possible relevant external parties to develop network and alliances;
- Assist partners to plan and organise seminars exposing projects’ successes and positive results that are supported by evidence, inviting relevant district, provincial and national levels government offices and other players;
- Conduct scheduled evaluations and share results accordingly for advocacy purposes;
- Ensure project staff are provided with the necessary guidance and supervision as to what they should do related to the implementation of projects by the partners, including partners’ capacity building through
- organizing and participating in partner capacity assessment
- Regular coaching and mentoring to partners in leadership and governance for effective and efficient programme/project implementation
- Annual performance feedback
- Development of capacity development needs
- implementation of partner assessment recommendations
Relationship and Communication:
- Liaise partners with the Country Office, Regional Office, International Office, Member Associations and donors in terms of good communication;
- Facilitate effective communication with CBM partners and stakeholders;
- Organise visits of programmes/projects in Ethiopia by CBM staff and donors;
- Ensure terms of reference for programmes/projects visits are prepared and approved;
- Ensure field visits reports and Reports on Discussions (ROD) are produced and circulated;
- Update partners with CBM requirements in terms of project planning, implementation and reporting Liaise CBM with the Government Authorities in terms of needed reporting and support, activities conducted and related portfolio;
- Taking up any other tasks assigned by the line manager
Receiving and Reporting Child Safeguarding Concerns and Complaints:
- Ensure relevant new knowledge, project lessons learned and other learning are internalised, documented and shared with relevant CBM colleagues and partners in the spirit of making CBM a learning organisation, and even beyond;
- To comply with all safety and health procedures and requirements at CBM and, at all times ensure your own safety and health and that of other persons who may be affected by your acts or omissions at CBM.
Education, Knowledge & Professional Experience:
- Relevant academic degree or further qualification in International development, sociology, etc.,
- 5 years’ experience in results-based project design, impact monitoring, review and evaluation and the application of this information to programme quality improvements
- Experience in evaluation through baseline-endline methodology and strengthening of quality and effectiveness systems
- Demonstrated experience in advocacy and in influencing policy makers at local, regional and national level. Experience in managing projects with advocacy components.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and maintain strong cross-cultural professional relationships
- Experience working with people with disabilities and the disability inclusive development sector a considerable advantage
- Excellent personal and public communication and negotiation skills with all types and levels of stakeholders
- Very good understanding of principles in monitoring, reporting and evaluation
- Understanding of CBM’s programming and budgeting system and procedures, including reporting (PPR) will be advantageous
- Experience in programmatic and financial reporting to international donors
- Good people management and inter-personal skills
How to Apply
Candidates with the required profile and proven experiences, who meet these qualifications, are invited to submit via e-mail, a meaningful letter of motivation, stating why he/she wishes to work for CBM, CV, three professional references and salary expectations to:
- By email to firstname.lastname@example.org or:
- Mail to CBM Ethiopia, P.O. Box 694 or
- Physically to office located 22 Mazoria behind Axum Hotel within 10 working days after announcement of this vacancy.
- Office telephone: +251 116 629703/06/08
Application deadline: 5 pm 28th September 2018 CBM encourages persons with disabilities who qualify to apply for this position. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.