The Central Statistical Agency Jobs Vacancy 2020 advertisement has been released and available below. Application Form Portal, Requirements and other details are available below.
Central Statistical Agency Ought all Eligible and Interested applicants to apply online for the available vacancies before the recruitment application deadline. The 2020 Central Statistical Agency Jobs details like education qualification, requirement, location, stipend & salary scale, selection process, application form & how to apply, closing date, important links and others are available below on myschooleth.com.
Central Statistical Agency Jobs Vacancy 2020
The Government of Ethiopia has received financial support from the World Bank to undertake Statistics for Results (SFR) project aims to strengthen the Central Statistics Agency’s (CSA) institutional capacity to produce and disseminate reliable and timely statistics in a cost-effective manner in accordance with international standards and in response to user needs.
Under the overall guidance of SFR-PIU coordinator and in close collaboration with staffs of the project, the specialist will contribute to the follow up, monitoring, review & evaluation of the SFR project supported activities to facilitate more effective leverage of resources for CSA programs and to disseminate & transfer project outputs / out comes to all relevant stakeholders. The specialist will also have a crucial role in measuring the quality of SFR project; overseas the development and implementation of SFR project M&E system, ensuring that all required tools are in place and are user friendly; rolls out a system for monitoring the SFR project results against targets.
Specific duties & Responsibilities:
- Leads on the development & Implementation of the M&E system of SFR project including tools for routine data collection & reporting
- Ensure all reportable indicators are tracked on periodic basis and are in line with the project result framework
- Design data collection instruments and collect the data from all the project intervention areas based on the output and outcome indicators of the project
- Ensure that M&E data from all intervention areas are collected analyzed and availed for all internal and external users
- Set up/maintain a project database by project components, beneficiary type & locations
- Prepare monthly/ quarterly/semi-annually/annually M&E reports as per the requirements of Project Operation Manual (POM) &donors requirement,
- Participate in the development and/or revision of targets, indicators and project log frame,
- Carryout the preparation of the project’s periodic & status reports vs annual plan,
- Provide technical support to all relevant SFR project partners with related to M&E to ensure coherence & integrated approach,
- Support & participate in donor staff (World Bank Supervision Mission) field visits and provide project briefs as required,
- Prepare terms of reference for project midterm & end term evaluations and other studies; act as the focal point to technical support for these terminal evaluations and studies
- Provide timely feedbacks to all relevant project stakeholders about project outcomes and quality of project’s terminal evaluations.
- Disseminate the findings from monitoring & review of SFR project supported activities to all relevant stakeholders
- In coordination with relevant directorates of CSA and SFR project teams, support for preparation s of events and workshops.
- Organize trainings to project staff & relevant CSA experts on subjects related to result based management and M&E etc.
- Identify, adopt and incorporate major lessons learnt and best practices to strengthen planning, monitoring & reporting
- Proactively seek and promote best practices as part of monitoring, evaluation and program effectiveness practices
- Facilitate,monitor and follow up the provision of training activities and evaluate the training program effectiveness.
- In collaboration with the project teams, identify and document success stories &case scenarios on extra-ordinary aspects of the project results.
- Undertake any tasks within his/her field of activity that the project coordinator instructs.
Contract duration and remuneration:
- The contract will be for 8 months but extendable depending on the availability of fund and the need as of business continuity.
Duty Station and Location of the Office:
- The person will be based at the CSA headquarter office at Addis Ababa with the possibility to travel to branch offices out of Addis Ababa
Reporting to: SFR Project Implementation Unit Coordinator
- MSc/MA degree in Economics, Statistics, Development studies, or other related fields
- At least 8 years of work experience in M&E of development and capacity building projects financed by WB and /or DFID and /or other international donors.
Competencies(Knowledge and Capacities required for the post):
- Demonstrable understanding of M&E principles & practices
- Sound understanding of M&E methodologies including sampling methodology and data collection methods (both qualitative & quantitative)
- Knowledge of results based management (RBM), Project cycle management, the logical framework and/or result framework approach,
- Practical experience in developing and tracking the performance measurement plan
- Excellent IT skills including Knowledge of M&E data processing software and certificate of statistical software (SPSS, STATA, etc.)
How to Apply
Applicants who meet the above requirements may send a cover letter, updated CV, and relevant documents in person to the address below or via: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Nov 5, 2018.
Adress: Central Statistical Agency, Around Pisa, Back to Taitu Hotel, Adjacent to Ethio Ceramic Head Office, New Building 4th Floor SFR Project implementation Unit.