Cnfa-Fscp – Gic Jobs Vacancies 2018 for Forage Value Chain Expert – Jobs in Ethiopia
Cnfa-Fscp – Gic Jobs Vacancy, Cnfa-Fscp – Gic Recruitment, Cnfa-Fscp – Gic Jobs Opportunities… Jobs details below…
Cnfa-Fscp – Gic Jobs Vacancies 2018
CNFA is a global not-for-profit organization with offices in Washington, D.C and Brussels, that is dedicated to stimulating sustainable growth in the agricultural sector. CNFA Europe specializes in fostering private sector investments in training, new technologies and marketing as a means to increase the overall competitiveness of agricultural value chains, expand exports and develop skills in the rural workforce. By generating higher incomes for farmers, processors, entrepreneurs and distributors, CNFA Europe helps improve livelihoods and reduce poverty.
GIZ is currently implementing the Strengthening the Capacity of the Intergovernmental Authority on Development (IGAD) towards Enhanced Drought Resilience in the Horn of Africa Program– SCIDA II TC Facility for Ethiopia (TC-Facility), which works in collaboration with government and nongovernmental actors to identify and implement measures to improve the drought resilience of Agro-pastoralists in the Afar and Somali Regions of Ethiopia. As a partner in the GiZ TC-Facility, CNFA will pilot activities in the areas of forage production, oil production and processing, green charcoal production and veterinary drug trade with the funding support from GiZ. The aim of these pilot activities is to stimulate the capacity of the private sector to potentially fill unmet demand and improve livelihoods, food security, and increase resilience of agro-pastoralists in Afar.
The CNF-GiZ Afar Project Forage Value Chain Expert will be responsible for providing technical support for the Fodder & Forage Seed Production and Marketing activities of the project. The position holder will lead practical training of model farmers on forage production and post-harvest handling of fodder crops. The role also involves identifying in-demand fodder varieties for production of hay fodder and seed multiplication. Furthermore, the fodder value chain expert also assists in identifying potential markets and end buyers of the baled hay and forage seeds produced by the agro-pastoralists in Afar.
Specific Responsibilities of the Forage Value Chain Expert
- Prepare detailed training proposal outlining both theory and practical sessions and submit to CNFA’s for review/approval.
- Conduct both in-house and on-farm trainings on fodder production for selected fodder producers in Afar region.
- Carry out practical demonstration on preparation of baled hay using wooden balers manufactured by local craftsmen.
- Undertake hands-on training for local farmers on best practice in harvesting and storage of forage seeds.
- Advise on selection of in-demand and adaptable fodder crop varieties recommended for the agro ecological zone in Afar region.
- Assists in identifying potential markets and end buyers of the baled hay and forage seeds produced by the agro-pastoralists in Afar.
- Prepare a detailed report outlining the training proceedings and follow-up actions that needs to be taken to sustain the CNFA-GiZ forage production initiative.
Qualification and Experience
- Master’s degree in Agriculture/Agronomy, Livestock/Animal husbandry or related fields.
- 3-5 years’ previous work experience as trainer in fodder production.
- Previous work experience in pastoral and agro-pastoral setting preferably in Afar Region of Ethiopia.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to interact and present to a wide range of audience.
- Exceptional writing skill with ability to produce high quality report.
Duration of service: 30 man-days
Reports to: CNFA GiZ Afar Pilot Project Team and Work with CNFA-GiZ team in Afar
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria are invited to send in their application letters including updated curriculum vitae and contact details of three work-related referees and copies of most relevant educational certificates. Application should be through firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.