Commodity Exchange Jobs Vacancies 2018 for Head, Branch Operations
Commodity Exchange Jobs Vacancy, Commodity Exchange Recruitment, Commodity Exchange Jobs Opportunities… Jobs details below…
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the Commodity Exchange Jobs Vacancies 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Commodity Exchange Jobs Vacancies 2018
The vision of ECX is to become a leading and dynamic Exchange in Africa. ECX has a mission to provide a modern, efficient, transparent and reliable market platform to serve the national development goals through adaptation of technology, excellence in innovation and with integrity. ECX is a unique partnership of market actors, Members of the Exchange, and its main promoter, the Government of Ethiopia. ECX represents the future of Ethiopia, bringing integrity, security, and efficiency to the market. ECX would like to recruit motivated and qualified applicants for the following positions.
Job Purpose:-Responsible for the overall management of the branch in accordance with company policy & procedures. Ensure that branch operation activities are carried out as per the ECX Rule and guideline.
SUMMARY OF MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Assign and directs all work performed in the branch and supervises all areas of operation (warehouse, quality and client relation) in accordance with established company policies/procedures, objectives and applicable laws;
· Through management decisions, communication and behavior, creates a culture and a team that works together to meet customer needs and achieve desired results;
· Ensure the overall activities of the branch are planned, coordinated and implemented.
· Ensure the highest operational efficiencies are maintained at all times;
· Manage all branch staffs including the outsourcing units in achieving efficient service deliveries through directing, motivating, controlling and evaluating;
· Ensure the proper commodity receipts and issuances are maintained within set service level agreements;
· Ensure the proper functionality of the weighbridge, warehouse and office equipment’s make sure that proper maintenance are given;
· Authorize manual system in case of connection and power failures and ensure that all manually prepared documents are entered to the system within five working days after the problem resolved;
· Requests and receive faxed or transported DN from central depository during extreme situations;
· Manages proper handling of leftover, excess and commodity shortfalls;
· Monitors any commodity sampling grading, re-sampling or re-grading process;
· Ensures timely approvals of GRN/ GIN are continued;
· Makes investigation with regulatory bodies when any bribe has been reported;
· Ensures timely notifications and records to the head office are maintained for any expired PUNs;
· Randomly checks the correct deliveries of trucks loaded and make an immediate report for any discrepancies;
· Checks and cross checks the reports for validity and accuracy and forward timely reports of different kind to the concerned;
· Reconcile inventory discrepancies and adjustments;
· Review daily reports, taking appropriate action as needed;
· Successfully resolves clients’ issues timely and professionally;
· Maintains positive attitude towards clients and members by being friendly and courteous;
· Provides customer assistance as needed;
· Attend and coordinate periodic branch manager’s meetings;
· Manages workflow to assist staff in balancing priorities, providing backup support if needed and otherwise ensuring that all work is accomplished with an appropriate sense of urgency;
· Be willing, able, and capable of performing any branch job function as needed;
· Responsible for the cost effective requisition supplies of needed equipment, supplies, materials and services;
· Develop annual plan and expense budget for the branch operations;
· Anticipates staffing requirements to meet operational needs;
· Oversee training as well as identify and foster development opportunities for all branch personnel as required or needed;
· Periodically evaluates the performance of branch personnel, develop goals and objectives. Provide both formal and informal feedback on a regular basis;
· Performs other related tasks as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
Required Qualification and Experience
· BA/MA in the fields of Management, Supplies Management, Logistics Management, Economics, Business Management, Agribusiness Management or related fields.
· 6 years for BA and 4 years for MA of experience in commodity warehouse operation management, logistics or supply chain management, or manufacturing company, of which at least 2 years of supervisory or managerial level experience is required.
· Knowledge & experience of operations in commodity management companies;
· Ability to act in a professional and ethical manner;
· Ability to work well under pressure and strictly follows ECX procedures;
· Demonstrates attention to detail; ability to motivate others and is resourceful; good time management skill, team management, interpersonal and communication skills; demonstrated negotiation, good leadership and management skills.
· Displays ability to manage emotions;
· Demonstrates commitment to service excellence and customer service skills;
How to Apply
All interested and qualified applicants may send a cover/application letter andupdated CV with relevant important documents via: [email protected] or in hard copy by post with position marked on the envelope: Ethiopia Commodity Exchange, P.O. Box 17341, Addis Ababa or at Respective ECX branch Offices on or before August 22, 2018.
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU STATE THE POSITION & LOCATION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR ON THE SUBJECT OF YOUR EMAIL.
ECX is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified female candidates. Only short listed applicants will be contacted.