Concern Worldwide Jobs Vacancies 2018 for Area Coordinator
Concern Worldwide Jobs Vacancy, Concern Worldwide Recruitment, Concern Worldwide Jobs Opportunities… Jobs details below…
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the Concern Worldwide Jobs Vacancies 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Concern Worldwide Jobs Vacancies 2018
Concern Worldwide is an Irish-based non-governmental, international, humanitarian organization dedicated to the reduction of suffering and working towards the ultimate elimination of extreme poverty in the world’s poorest countries. Concern Worldwide has been working in Ethiopia since 1973 focusing on health, nutrition, water and livelihoods as well as emergency interventions. The longer term intervention areas have largely been based in rural communities of Amhara, SNNPR and Tigray Regions and in the capital, Addis Ababa. However, emergency interventions have also been supported Oromia, Afar, Gambella and Somali Regions. Concern’s development programmes in recent years included; nutrition and health, food security and resilience building, urban vocation training, livelihoods and humanitarian response.
Concern Ethiopia Programme has started implementing a project entitled ‘Promoting young women’s livelihoods and nutrition’ in two districts of Tigray region with the objective of improving access to community-based nutrition and livelihoods services among selected young women in the target woredas. Concern would like to invite dynamic and creative applicants for the following position:
Objectives of the assignment
Ø Ensure that programme implementation is within the frame work of the Ethiopian government policies and regulations, the organization’s strategic plan, sectoral policies and strategies as outlined in the respective programme documents.
Ø Support Director of Programmes to diversify funding sources for the programmes.
Ø Provide technical support to the Programme coordinators in the design, management, monitoring and evaluation and learning of the partnership and directly managed programmes.
Ø Act as focal contact person for Concern Ethiopia for all government organisations/ departments and other stakeholders at regional level
Ø Ensure that all programmes (development and emergency response) in Tigray region adhere to principles of programme quality (M&E, HAP, HIV &AIDS, DRR, Gender & Equality, etc.)
Ø Networking and coordination with relevant departments within Concern Ethiopia, partner organizations and other organizations to ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of project activities and promote best practices.
Ø Advice Concern’s Country Management Team on programme issues, systems procedures and security developments/ scenarios.
Ø Liaise with regional government.
Scope of work
The area coordinator will be based in Mekele, Tigray region and is responsible to coordinate program implementation in the respective implementation woredas of the region under the direct supervision of the Director of Programmes. He/she is responsible to monitor activities (development as well as emergency) in the region that are implemented by Concern. He/she will closely work with the relevant government stakeholders at regional and woreda levels, other National and International NGOs working in similar thematic areas in the region.
Relationship Internally: Country Director, Director of Programmes-Development, Assistant Country Director Systems, Director of Programmes-Emergency, Sectoral Technical Advisors, Human Resources Manager, Finance Manager, Main Stream Advisors, Partner organisations, administrative, financial and logistics staff in Concern’s Addis Office.
Relationship Externally: Government Representatives at Regional and Woreda levels, other National NGOs and I-NGOs in the region, Donor representatives, etc.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
· Ensure programmes in Tigray are implemented within the frame work of Concern Ethiopia’s strategic plan and within government and concern policies and strategies.
· Ensure that all Concern mainstreaming policies are incorporated into all programme planning and implementation.
· Coordinate the activities of sectoral programmes to ensure harmonization, learning and integration among the programmes.
· Support in developing sectoral strategies led by Addis based staff or CMT members.
· Provide technical and managerial support to Programme coordinators to conduct contextual analysis and identify new programme interventions (in both development and emergency response).
· Ensure that gender and equality issues are being adequately addressed in all stages of programming.
· Ensure that participatory methodologies are utilised for planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of programme activities.
· Work with the Programme Managers, relevant Concern’s Technical and Mainstreaming coordinators, partners and the relevant ACDs to develop programme/ project proposals for funding
· Provide technical and managerial support to the sectoral managers in the management of the partnership relationship for programme implementation, capacity building and monitoring & evaluation of the programmes
· Inform and consult with the National Emergency Coordinator on any existing or potential unfolding humanitarian situation, trends for future and possibilities of Concern’s emergency response intervention, based on the Concern Ethiopia Policy
· Direct, advice and support the work of all programme staff and partners in a participatory approach in compliance with Concern Worldwide and Concern Ethiopia policies, systems and processes
· Ensure that all programmes in the relevant sectors and cross cutting sectors meet appropriate standards in terms of design. Implementation in a timely, efficient and effective manner which meets donor requirements, are in compliance with government guidelines and requirements of Concern Worldwide’s Project Cycle Management system (PCMS).
· Ensure all programmes, systems and cross cutting issues conduct annual learning reviews
· Ensure mechanisms are in place for monitoring and ensuring accountability of Concern’s work to different stakeholders.
· Provide direct line management support to the technical project Managers (such as Livelihoods, Health & Nutrition) in Mekele Office and other systems staff.
· Lead or Assist with the recruitment of related programme staff at field level
· Support in staff development, by assisting with coaching and mentoring to enhance the capacity of staff and partners, in conjunction with HR Manager, Financial controller, PD and Technical coordinators.
· Monitor performance based on agreed job descriptions and ensure compliance with agreed objectives and all Concern policies.
· Plan staff leaves to suit programmes and staff members.
· Take responsibility for the management of the office premise used by the programme team
· Ensure all staff for whom Area Coordinator is responsible complies with all Concern policies – in particular Code of Conduct and P4 Policy.
· Ensure that detailed programme budgets and budget revisions are prepared and submitted to Addis in a timely manner
· Ensure that the organization’s financial management policies and procedures are adhered to by respective staff.
· Responsible for development of annual programme of activities.
· Plan, organize, supervise and monitor the Tigray Programme budget and activities of the sectors
· Review monthly management accounts and ensure budgets are utilized as per plan and following standards financial procedures
· Provide support to all managers in planning, budgeting, tracking and managing of all finances allocated to the programmes.
· Monitor the under and over spending in each above listed programme
· Approve administrative and operational activities of the programmes in Tigray.
· In conjunction with the Financial Manager, report any suspected and actual financial irregularities or other fraud that has occurred to the Country Financial controller, PD and ACD-S.
· Comply with authorised levels for expenditure and ensure that all programme staff do likewise
Other Systems and Security Management
· In conjunction with ACD-S, ensure that all goods, services and money are procured (using the correct documentation and codes), stored and distributed. If necessary organise training from relevant systems support department
· In conjunction with the ACD- S, monitor and if necessary report on security issues to the senior management
· Ensure that all field based staff are aware and adhere to the Country Security Management Plan and in conjunction with ACD-S, identify security training, as per the need
· Guide the programme managers to prepare and submit timely and good quality reports ensuring concern, donors and governments requirements are meet in terms of time and reporting format
· Compile and edit sectoral narrative and financial reports and submit to the relevant ACD as per the reporting schedule and format
Networking and Coordination
· Represent Concern with the Regional and local government bodies, NGOS and collaborating line bureaus. Ensure that cordial working relationship is maintained with them.
· Attend meetings of relevant government agencies, departments and others stakeholders in the area of operation
· Liaise with Concern programme coordinators based in Addis and partners for programme management and implementation.
· Share learning and experiences from programme implementation with Concern’s programme coordinators, partner organizations and relevant government organizations to learn and inform on best practices, approaches, tools and methods of programming in the projects.
· Perform other relevant activities as identified and required by the Country Director and Programme Director.
· BSc with 7 years’ experience and MSc with 4 years’ experience with either of the following or related qualification: (agriculture, Health, Nutrition, rural development etc.)
· About 10 years of experience in development sector which should include a minimum of 4-5 years relevant experience in development programming at Management level and in demanding environments
· Experience in Monitoring and Evaluation techniques
· Experience in capacity building and implementing sustainable programmes
· Excellent management/leadership experience
· Proven analytical ability and proven track record in proposal and report writing
· Strong budget management
· Good experience in networking, team building and mentoring
· Previous NGO management experience
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team
· Flexibility, adaptability, and patience with facilitation and interpersonal skills
· Ability to work under pressure often to strict deadlines
· Training, coaching and mentoring skills and ability to motivate and develop skills of others
· Cross cultural awareness and sensitivity to cultural differences and awareness of gender issues
· Good knowledge of computer applications i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, Email
· Master’s degree in relevant discipline
· BSc. in programme management, programme planning or related thematic subjects:Livelihoods/ Health and Nutrition/ Agriculture/ micro credit programmes
· Knowledge of programme implementation through National NGOs
· Experience of working in Tigray region of Ethiopia
How to Apply
Submit applications through
Concern Ethiopia, Human Resource Department
P.O. Box 2434, Addis Ababa.
Concern has a Staff Code of Conduct and Programme Participant Protection Policy which has been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants from exploitation and to clarify the responsibilities of Concern staff, consultants, visitors to the programme and partner organizations, and the standards of behaviour expected of them. Any candidate offered a job with Concern Worldwide will be expected to sign the Programme Participant Protection Policy and the Staff Code of Conduct as an appendix to their contract of employment and conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions in these two documents.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted