Concern Worldwide Jobs Vacancies 2018 for Gender Equality Coordinator
Concern Worldwide Jobs Vacancy, Concern Worldwide Recruitment, Concern Worldwide Jobs Opportunities… Jobs details below…
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the Concern Worldwide Jobs Vacancies 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Concern Worldwide Jobs Vacancies 2018
Concern Ethiopia Senior Management Team; Area Coordinators; Programme Coordinators, Programme Quality Unit; HR Manager
NGOs working in gender; gender related forums and networks, both government and civil society
The overall purpose of the job is to lead the implementation of Concern Ethiopia’s recently developed five year gender equality strategy. This involves working closely with key departments to achieve organisational goals relating to improved internal gender equality and gender responsive programming. With the Programme Director and the Systems Director the Gender Equality Coordinator will develop and lead the implementation of a five year gender equality action plan with measurable indicators in order to achieve the organisational gender equality strategy. The Gender Equality Coordinator will provide a progress report to the SMT on a quarterly basis.
The Gender Equality Coordinator will work closely with the HR department in the development and implementation of gender sensitive work place policies and practices in order to ensure that Concern Ethiopia is an organisation which puts gender equality at the forefront of its operations.
HR Policy and Practice
- With the HR department monitor the practical implementation of Concern Ethiopia’s recruitment policies relating to gender equality.
- Work with the HR department to ensure the successful implementation of affirmative policies to achieve an improved workforce balance.
- With the HR Department identify challenges and bottlenecks in the recruitment of female staff and identify ways in which to address these challenge and increase the proportion of female staff in the organisation.
- Work with HR to develop a Talent Management scheme to develop the potential of high calibre female professionals into middle and senior management roles.
- Monitor the implementation of Concern Ethiopia’s internship policy to ensure the targets set out in the gender equality action plan.
- Support the HR department in the development of specific gender equality HR policies, including family friendly work place policies.
- Work with HR in the identification and implementation of gender sensitive standards in the work place.
- Develop a staff gender responsibility matrix and ensure that all job descriptions in Concern Ethiopia capture the appropriate level of gender responsibilities from the matrix.
- Create an induction pack relating to gender equality and ensure all new staff receive this induction.
- Lead on the delivery of gender equality training for Concern Ethiopia staff, both in developing appropriate training materials (in consultation with the Programme Director and Concern’s international equality advisors) and capacity building programme quality staff to deliver gender equality trainings for staff at the regional/field level.
Gender Sensitive Working Environment
- Lead and advise on the creation of gender equality working groups within the head office and each regional office and support and monitor the work of these groups.
- Ensure that appropriate space and discussion forums are in place where male and female staff can comfortably and respectfully discuss issues relating to gender.
- Take an active role in addressing any breaches of the code of conduct and investigating any gender related staff complaints.
- With HR lead on the development of policies relating to PSEA, including a gender code of conduct and a gender sensitive complaints response mechanisms; proactively ensure the implementation of both of these tools
- Lead on carrying out a periodic organisational gender audit and staff attitude survey.
The Gender Equality Coordinator will lead on the development of gender sensitive programming, ensuring that gender is progressively and effectively mainstreamed across all Concern Ethiopia programmes. They will be considered as the technical gender expert for Concern Ethiopia and provide technical support and advice to ensure the application of best practice in Concern’s programmes.
Major Roles & Responsibilities
Project design & implementation
- Work with programme teams in the development of proposals and design of projects to ensure that gender equality factors are fully considered
- Provide technical support to programme teams in implementing contextual analysis, gender analysis, needs assessments, baseline surveys etc.
- Review and advise on subsequent implementation plans following needs assessment and analysis.
- Ensure that all programmes are equipped with and trained on best practice tools for the implementation of gender mainstreaming.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning
- With the support of Concern’s HQ equality advisors, research and remain up to date on best practice in gender programming and lead the programme team to apply this best practice.
- Lead on ensuring the implementation of Concern’s Engaging Men and Boys Strategy.
- Provide technical review and support to the development of gender responsive M & E systems.
- Provide technical support to programme quality staff in head office and the regional offices.
- Undertake technical support visits to the programme areas.
- Ensure the documentation of best practice and learning.
- Participate in learning reviews and evaluations and ensure that learnings are applied in the development of future programming.
- Lead in the development of training modules for programme staff in gender mainstreaming and gender responsible programming.
- Capacity build key members of staff to roll out and deliver this training.
- Review donor reports as required in order to ensure that gender programming is well described/depicted in the overall report.
- Review internal monthly/quarterly progress reports relating to gender mainstreaming and provide any relevant technical feedback for the improvement of programming
- Liaise with other INGOs, LNGOs, and Government representatives and take active role in forums, task forces, core group meetings and consortia related to all cross cutting issues for learning, experience sharing and joint action implementation.
- Jointly organise and implement campaigning events to influence decisions as needed
- Represent concern in various regional and national networks and forums to share the organizations experience to others and draw lessons from others to enhance organizational learning on cross cutting issues.
- Establish a learning and experience sharing forum among partner organizations to ensure quality in implementation of programmes.
- Prepare a quarterly report for the SMT documenting and reviewing progress in relation to the gender equality action plan and the gender equality strategy
The job holder will perform other duties appropriate to the position as requested by the Programme Director, Systems Director and/or the Concern Ethiopia Senior Management team.
Given the nature of this role female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Strong weighting will be given to practical experience in the consideration of applications.
Education, Qualifications & Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant discipline (social sciences)
- Experience of implementing organisational gender mainstreaming
- Understanding of HR policies and practices
- Experience of gender mainstreaming within development and humanitarian programming
- A minimum of five years’ experience working on gender equality, preferably in an international NGO, at least two of which should be in a senior position
- Knowledge of best practice in gender equality programming, including mainstreaming tools and guidelines
- Experience of developing and delivering training on gender equality
- Outstanding communication skills are critical for this position – this includes the ability to communicate with staff on the development and implementation of new policies and procedures; the ability to work with teams from diverse backgrounds and with both programme and systems departments and the ability to build strong working relationships at distance
- Excellent team player
- Ability to motivate, lead, inspire and take initiative
- Excellent interpersonal, mentoring skills to support and develop staff capacity
- Excellent facilitation skills in order to deliver workshops and trainings
- Ability to identify, analyse and solve problems, employing timely and appropriate decision making to implement solutions
- Ability to plan and deliver results accordingly
- Ability to multi task, prioritise and manage a varied workload
- Strong computer skills including database management, Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent English communication skills including strong report writing skills
- Empathy with Concern’s Vision, Mission, Goals and Objectives
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send non-returnable C.V. application letter outlining how their experience and education fit this vacancy, please note that no need to submit your supporting documents:
Concern Ethiopia, Human Resource Department
P.O. Box 2434, Addis Ababa.
Concern has a Staff Code of Conduct and Programme Participant Protection Policy which has been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants from exploitation and to clarify the responsibilities of Concern staff, consultants, visitors to the programme and partner organizations, and the standards of behaviour expected of them. Any candidate offered a job with Concern Worldwide will be expected to sign the Programme Participant Protection Policy and the Staff Code of Conduct as an appendix to their contract of employment and conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions in these two documents.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted