Cooperazione Internazionale Jobs Vacancies 2018 for Accountant/Administrator – Jobs in Ethiopia
አዳዲስ ስራዎች በኢትዮጵያ ውስጥ, Cooperazione Internazionale Jobs Vacancy, Cooperazione Internazionale Recruitment, Cooperazione Internazionale Jobs Opportunities… Job s details below…
ተፈላጊው አመልካች (ዎች) ይህንን እድል ለማጣራት በዚህ ገጽ ላይ ያሉትን ዝርዝሮች እና ሂደቶች ለመከተል.
Cooperazione Internazionale Vacancies 2018
Cooperazione Internazionale (COOPI) is an international Italian NGO established in 1965. Since then COOPI has been undertaking activities to help and empower the poor and needy in different countries. COOPI Ethiopia started its operation in 1995 and its activities include water resources development, Food Security, Human and Veterinary Health, Education, Hygiene and Sanitation Promotion and Awareness and Capacity Building.
COOPI is currently implementing several projects in Oromia, Somali and Afar region and
would like to invite dynamic and qualified applicants for the following position:.
- Responsible for the application of Donor, Government and COOPI procedures
- In coordination with Project managers (PM), ensure that all expenditures meet with appropriate budget code.
- Check in collaboration with PM that expenditures are according to the agreed financial plans and project budgets and supervise the accountancy of all projects;
- Post expenditure in COOPI accounting software, after collecting the financial documents from the accountants
- Control cash and bank books for each petty cash and bank transaction that will be summarized and closed monthly.
- Check on a daily base all documents and payment requests according to the availability of funds.
- Control the petty cash movement; check and facilitate replenishment when the petty cash is depleted.
- Ensure proper transfer of cash from Area office to Field offices with the consent of the PM.
- Follow up settlement of advances given to staffs at Area office and Field offices have been settled within a week or reasonable time.
- Control and follow up each project’s accounts held in the Commercial Bank of Ethiopia and reconcile every month with its bankbook
- Take surprise cash counts and annual cash and stock counts, organize the report & documentation and send to the head Office on time.
- Assist the PM and other senior staff working for all projects in matters related to finance and stock management, procurement regulations etc.
- Supervise that all activities are undertaken on time by the cashier according to the agreed work plan
- Participate in the monthly and quarterly planning giving suggestion on accounting procedures;
- Check and verify Cash Payment, Bank Payment;
- Check expenditures against plans and budgets;
- Supervise and check whether that store regulations are properly applied and in line with the organization manuals;
- Other duties related to the position.
- Directly responsible for a transparent, efficient and effective use of all resources available at Area and Field Offices, logistic and administrative support to projects;
- Provide assistance to PM in procurement process and ensure that all procurements are done according to COOPI and Donor Procedures;
- Supervise logistics (stores, car maintenance and logbooks, equipments etc.) at Area and Field levels;
- Prioritize procurements according to needs of different projects.
- As stated by HRM and in collaboration with relevant PM, lead recruitment, selection process, initiate any disciplinary, promotion or transfer measure and general management of Administrative staff of Area and Field Offices;
- Assure that staff lists of projects implemented in the area and staff documents are updated regularly by PM;
- As stated by HRM and in collaboration with relevant PM, participate to the recruitment of staff of projects;
- Ensure regular trainings to administrative staff at Area and Field Offices and in collaboration with the Coordination Office.
- Ensure daily supervision and coordination of administrative staff at Area and Field Offices
Duty Station: Addis Ababa with frequent travel to project implementation areas
- Minimum of 5 years’ relevant work experience in large organizations.
- At least 3 years’ work experience in a similar role within an international non-governmental organization (NGO), donor or multilateral agency.
- Substantial experience working with International NGO’s, UN agencies and networking and negotiating with authorities.
- Very strong financial analysis skills and an extensive practical experience working with financial tools, highly proficient with excel such as using pivot table, developing macros, etc.
- An excellent interpersonal skills (Good analytical, negotiation, advocacy and communication skills) and demonstrated ability to establish effective team and external relations
- Experience with capacity building of national staff.
- Ability to work under pressure in a rapidly changing and sometimes insecure environment
- Excellent English language skills both written and spoken are essential.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit all their academic credential, CV and meaningful motivation letter stating why s/he wishes to work for COOPI, by mail or in person in a sealed envelope to the address mentioned below OR by e-mail to: [email protected]
COOPERAZIONE INTERNAZIONALE (COOPI)
P.O.Box: 2204, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
COOPI office in Addis Ababa, Yeka Subcity- Woreda 8 – House New – Ethiopia
Telephone: 0116591001 or 0116591921
Only shortlisted candidates who meet the requirements will be contacted.
Women are highly encouraged to apply.