Cooperazione Internazionale Jobs Vacancies 2018 for Water Engineer – Jobs in Ethiopia
አዳዲስ ስራዎች በኢትዮጵያ ውስጥ, Cooperazione Internazionale Jobs Vacancy, Cooperazione Internazionale Recruitment, Cooperazione Internazionale Jobs Opportunities… Job s details below…
ተፈላጊው አመልካች (ዎች) ይህንን እድል ለማጣራት በዚህ ገጽ ላይ ያሉትን ዝርዝሮች እና ሂደቶች ለመከተል.
Cooperazione Internazionale Vacancies 2018
Cooperazione Internazionale (COOPI) is an international Italian NGO established in 1965. Since then COOPI has been undertaking activities to help and empower the poor and needy in different countries. COOPI Ethiopia started its operation in 1995 and its activities include water resources development, Food Security, Human and Veterinary Health, Education, Hygiene and Sanitation Promotion and Awareness and Capacity Building.
COOPI is currently implementing a one year project entitled “WASH and NFI Emergency support to IDPs and drought affected communities in south-eastern Ethiopia, Oromia and Somali Region.” COOPI is looking to hire a water engineer who will play a key role in planning and implementation of the WASH component of the project under the supervision of the Project Manager.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Managing and leading the WASH activities of the project.
- Prepare monthly report according to the organization standard form
- Prepare the sector’s quarterly/annual technical report as per the government/donor requirements and submit to the Project Manager (PM);
- Responsible to supervise and make pumping test and water quality test of water schemes in the project area;
- Responsible to study and design of water supply schemes in the project area;
- Produce study and design documents construction specifications, bill of quantities & construction schedule for the water works to be carried out in the project;
- Participate in targeting villages and selecting locations for construction ;
- Prepare the planning, coordinate and supervise the work on the worksites with well-organized field level implementation strategy;
- Ensure proper use of equipment and their consumption ;
- Check the quality of construction as per the specification and design drawings ;
- Manage the constructions material supply, record and proper utilization and storage at the project locations.
- Conducting topographic survey of water supply system;
- Facilitate the work to make the water supply systems to properly function;
- Conduct/arrange trainings on water usage/conservation and operation and maintenance of Water Committee;
- Conduct/arrange awareness raising sessions for the targeted people in COOPI intervention areas,
- Supervise the ongoing water supply and construction works;
- Prepare annual, quarterly and monthly work plans for water supply, sanitation scheme and related works based on the project document;
- Prepare monthly work plan on water work and sanitation and check if all activities are implemented according to the plan. Inform the project Manager any deviation for timely decision;
- Supervise the up-keeping and check monthly progress records of the work carried out by the water technicians;
- Ensure an efficient utilization of water works and sanitation materials and manpower during water supply and sanitation work;
- Make sure that the operation and maintenance of the water supply points in the project are handled properly together with the project staffs, host communities and other concerned bodies;
- Supervise the quality and quantity of work of the water supply and sanitation schemes and related construction activities;
- Supervise rehabilitation work of different water supply schemes;
- Prepare necessary monthly, quarterly, and annual progress reports of each scheme and submit to the project manager on time;
- Responsible for materials & properties allocated for water supply and sanitation scheme;
- Ensure the establishment and strengthening of community water users committee and also make sure that the water works are sustainable.
- Other duties related to the position as assigned by the PM.
Application duration: 7 days starting from the date of advertisement
Qualification and Experience:
- Advanced university degree in Water resources engineering, Geology, Hydr-geology or similar
- Have 5 years of experience in working in the field of WASH activities.
- Previous experience working in INGO.
- Experience facilitating relationships between Nongovernmental organization and government.
- Ability to work well within a team and take responsibility to deliver results.
- Fluency in written and spoken English, Amharic and knowledge of the local language is an advantage
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Ability and willingness to live and work in harsh and difficult physical conditions in an area of potential insecurity.
- Knowledge of working area will be preferable
- Flexible in working extra hours and during weekends if needed and when requested by the PM.
- Respect culture and belief of diverse ethnic and traditional set up
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit all their academic credential, CV and meaningful motivation letter stating why s/he wishes to work for COOPI, by mail or in person in a sealed envelope to the address mentioned below OR by e-mail to: email@example.com
COOPERAZIONE INTERNAZIONALE (COOPI)
P.O.Box: 2204, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
COOPI office in Addis Ababa, Yeka Subcity- Woreda 8 – House New – Ethiopia
Telephone: 0116591001 or 0116591921
Only shortlisted candidates who meet the requirements will be contacted.
Women are highly encouraged to apply.