Cordaid Jobs Vacancies 2018 for Humanitarian Programme Manager – Jobs in Ethiopia
Cordaid Jobs Vacancy, Cordaid Recruitment, Cordaid Jobs Opportunities… Jobs details below…
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the Cordaid Jobs Vacancies 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Cordaid Jobs Vacancies 2018
Catholic Organization for Relief and Development Aid (CORDAID) has managed humanitarian response, disaster risk reduction and resilience building projects since 2006. The Humanitarian strategic focus of Cordaid Ethiopia is to support the immediate needs of the people affected by the natural or man made disasters in the area of Afar and Somali. At the same time Cordaid also supports the integration of Resilience, Health and Resilient Business Development Services activities in the Liben Zone in Somali Region, where Cordaid is also consortium lead in the EU funded RESET (Resilience Ethiopia) program. Integrating Health and RBDS in the Resilience program is expected to result in a strategically comprehensive integrated program, while humanitarian will complement it with the support to the most urgent immediate needs of crisis affected populations. As part of a commitment to humanitarian response, CORDAID is seeking to recruit committed candidate for the position of Humanitarian Response Program Manager.
Duration : Six months with possibility of extension
Report to : The Cordaid Ethiopia Country Director & will work closely with the Cordaid Global Team
Duties & responsibility
- Manage the development, implementation and fundraising of the humanitarian strategy for Ethiopia;
- Manage, coordinate and monitor Cordaid’s humanitarian programme in Ethiopia;
- Represent Cordaid in relevant humanitarian platforms and networks in Ethiopia;
- Ensure Cordaid active participation in the Cluster systems at all relevant levels in Ethiopia;
- Identify funding opportunities and acquire funding for Cordaid humanitarian program in Ethiopia.
- Support other Cordaid programmes in the country.
Programme and project development and management
- Support Country Director in develop, implement and update the humanitarian strategy;
- Manage the humanitarian programme cycle management (identification, formulation, monitoring, evaluation, learning and reporting);
- Support project development to strengthen the link between humanitarian aid and longer term interventions with other Cordaid programmes;
- Ensure that Cordaid humanitarian programme is actively represented in the cluster system;
- Ensure that assessments are conducted and updated, and shared with the cluster system and relevant donors:
- Regular visits to project sites to monitor progress of projects funded by Cordaid and back donors;
- Responsible for reporting to Cordaid CO and HQ of all the humanitarian aid programme in the country.
Acquisition, Networking & Representation
- Actively identify humanitarian funding opportunities and acquire funding in accordance with an agreed target (institutional, private and corporate);
- Develop and maintain relationships with ECHO (Cordaid has an FPA) and the UN system, CAP, CHPF, country humanitarian pooled fund and other donors.
- Participate in relevant Caritas, UN, CAP, and other humanitarian coordination / thematic cluster meetings and at government central and regional level to represent Cordaid.
- Academic 2nd degree/MA/MSC in development/humanitarian aid studies or other related field.
- At least 7 years proven experience with developing, managing and monitoring humanitarian aid programmes and understanding of Humanitarian concepts and principles
- Experience in humanitarian strategy and program development.
- Experience in humanitarian Project Cycle Management, budgeting and capacity building.
- Experience with maintaining donor relations and policies in particular ECHO, UN funding mechanisms, CAP and cluster approach.
- Proven to be successful in obtaining funding.
- Strong proposal development and writing skills
- Experience with using relevant humanitarian international standards such as sphere, CHS.
- Excellent English language writing and communication skills is required.
- Knowledge of Ethiopia socio- political environment and regional context
- Track record in dealing with safety and security policies and working in conflict and post conflict context.
- Self-driven, pro-active and results oriented.
- Strong interpersonal skills and professional maturity.
- Diplomatic, culturally sensitive.
How to Apply
Application letter, CV (in English) with the contact details of at least three referees, should be forwarded by email to: [email protected] . Only successful applicants will be invited for an interview.
“Women candidates are highly encouraged to apply”
Deadline of submissions: September 13, 2018