International Foundation for Electoral System – IFES hereby invites applications from Ethiopia for recruitment to a COVID-19 Coordinator Position at International Foundation for Electoral System – IFES. The application will close on Oct 19, 2020.
Location: Addis Ababa
International Foundation for Electoral System – IFES advertised posts are as follows:
The COVID-19 Coordinator is expected to support the operations (and other relevant) Department/s at the National Electoral Board of Ethiopia (hereinafter ‘NEBE’) on a range of mitigation activities required to safely conduct the upcoming general elections in Ethiopia amid the COVID-19 pandemic including the development and execution of an effective and workable health mitigation strategy that is aligned with public health needs and the guidance given by the FDRE Ministry of Health (hereinafter ‘MoH’) and other concerned health authorities.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support the development and execution of an effective and workable health mitigation strategy for the NEBE that is aligned with public health needs and the guidance given by the MoH and other concerned health authorities.
- Collaborate and work closely with NEBE leadership and technical experts, MoH, public health professionals and other relevant stakeholders to develop and execute a NEBE health mitigation strategy for the upcoming elections.
- Advise NEBE’s Operations and other relevant departments on the public health measures needed to adapt the electoral operations of the upcoming elections to the public health needs brought on by the COVID-19 global pandemic.
- Intimately familiarize oneself with the activities involved in the different phases of the electoral cycle in order to correctly identify and address the public health needs of each phase.
- Collaborate and work closely with NEBE’s operations, training and other relevant departments in developing and executing the necessary health mitigation strategy, including a nationwide public awareness strategy on voting with COVID-19 prevention measures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Duration: This is an 11 months consultancy position
TRAVEL: Travel may be required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT: Standard office work environment.
SKILLS & SPECIFICATIONS
- Strong coordination and communication skills.
- Ability to establish, maintain, and foster positive and harmonious working relationships.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to remain highly organized while handling multiple tasks under tight deadlines and show initiative, good judgment, and resourcefulness.
- Not be a member of any political party.
- Willingness to adhere to all principles of confidentiality.
- Ability to conduct the work with integrity and strong ethics.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong command in more than one NEBE working language preferred.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health required.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in public health.
- Experience working with MoH on a public health project.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Fluency in English and Amharic required; strong command in more than one NEBE working language preferred
How to Apply
Please state the subject line of your email As “COVID-19 Coordinator “