Dan Church Aid Jobs Vacancies 2018 for Compliance /Internal Audit Manager
Dan Church Aid Jobs Vacancy, Dan Church Aid Recruitment, Dan Church Aid Jobs Opportunities… Jobs details below…
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the Dan Church Aid Jobs Vacancies 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Dan Church Aid Jobs Vacancies 2018
Dan Church Aid (DCA) is a legally registered international NGO (Charities and Societies Agency Certificate # 1083) engaged in development and humanitarian assistance to poor rural people in Ethiopia in partnership with Ethiopian NGOs and civil society organizations.
Dan Church Aid is implementing projects funded by multiple donors in various regions of the country and works with various local and international partners. DCA invites competent professionals to apply for Compliance /Internal Audit Manager Position at the Country Office in Addis Ababa.
Purpose of the position:
The Compliance Manager is responsible for ensuring rules and regulations of DCA, donor and government of Ethiopia and other best practices in financial management are complied with, appropriate internal control system are in place and are working efficiently. He/she is responsible to ensure that the resources of DCA are safeguarded from loss, fraudulent activities and responsible to evaluate the efficiency of systems in place and propose courses of actions.
The internal audit and inspection service unit will have the following duties and responsibilities.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
Job Responsibility #1: Planning
- Prepare annual audit plan based on organizational level risk assessment and in consultation with departments and country director’s priorities
- Plan for manpower requirements, enhancement of the internal audit function
- Facilitate the annual organizational level risk assessment exercise
- Develop internal audit manual and review existing manual to accommodate changes in operation of DCA and development in internal audit profession. Implement when approved by the Country Director.
- Plan and execute best practices in internal audit including the implementation international standards for the professional practice of internal auditing and COSO framework.
Job Responsibility #2: Compliance and Internal Audit
- Ensure that DCA adheres to legal standards and internal rules and regulations and also responsible for the enforcement of these regulations throughout DCA
- Review and ensure the effectiveness of internal control system in place and the adequacy of procedures and guidelines in safeguarding DCA’s assets, achieving efficiency and economy in operations and compliance with DCA’s, Donor partners and government regulations;
- Verify the existence of DCA’s assets and ensure that proper safeguards are maintained to protect them from loss;
- Monitor changes and new development in rules and regulations of donor partners, government and HQ and ensure that such changes are communicated to the relevant CO personnel
- Determine the level of compliance with DCA’s policies and procedures;
- Determine the effectiveness and efficiency of work units in accomplishing their mission and identify operational opportunities for cost savings and revenue enhancements; not clear
- Accelerate achievement of management objectives by determining if the objectives are understood at every level within the DCA and the degree of effective execution of assigned responsibilities; how can this be executed by the compliance manager
- Provide advisory services in the manner that will not compromise his/her independence.
- Improve implementation of internal control objectives by evaluating the
adequacy of internal controls and their effectiveness;
- Devise plans to test the systems periodically;
- Follow-up and ensure that the recommendations of internal and external auditors are implemented and give feedback to management;
- Evaluate the results of testing the systems in terms of risks to the Company and identify recommendations for improving systems; organization
- Conduct investigative and performance audits.
Job Responsibility #3: Reporting
- Prepare periodic reports and submit to the CD ;
- Perform other duties assigned by the CD.
Key Qualifications/ Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field
- Professional certification – IIA, CPA or ACCA
- 8 years of relevant experience in auditing plus professional certification
Technical & Other Skills:
- Compliance Manager must be familiar with accounting procedures, record keeping, management and technology. Because so much information within the organization is put on computer databases and networks, Compliance Manager need to be current on the latest technology and trends.
- Excellent communication and presentation skill;
- Proven skill as compliance manager or officer
- In-depth knowledge of the NGO sector and major donor partners’ rules and regulations.
- Accuracy and attention to detail;
- Ability to analyse to solve problem;
- Excellent understanding and knowledge of internal audit standards including COSO framework.
- Ability to act in professional and ethical manner;
- Good skills in computer applications.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should apply for the post via the below link
Or hand deliver at the DCA office along the Ethio-China Friendship Avenue, Wollo Sefer, opposite Tebaber Berta Building. Tel. 011-557-52-57
DCA is an equal opportunity employer and all interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to apply regardless of age, race, gender, marital status and religious, political or ethnic affiliation. DCA encourage women to apply. Please do not mention your religious or ethnic affiliation in your application.
Female candidates with required educational background and experience are highly encouraged to apply
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.