Danish Refugee Council Jobs Vacancy 2018 for Project Assistant
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Applicants for the Danish Refugee Council Jobs Vacancy 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Danish Refugee Council Jobs Vacancy 2018
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC), an international non-governmental organization (NGO), has been providing relief and development services in the Horn of Africa since 1997. DRC promotes and supports solutions to the problems faced by refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs), and migrants. The organization has offices across the region, and has been operational in Ethiopia since 2009. With funding from bilateral and multilateral donors, DRC is currently implementing a range of activities across Ethiopia and Djibouti, including WASH and shelter provision, child and youth protection, gender based violence response, awareness-raising of migration risks, protection monitoring of migration routes, and livelihoods support for returning migrants or those at-risk of migration.
Overall purpose of the role:
Overall purpose of the role: Working under the direct supervision of Education and youth engagement team leader the Project Assistant will be responsible in facilitating, assisting and mobilizing of all access to justice and rule of (customary) law and education activities designed to be implemented in Hitsats refugee camp. The Protection assistant will be the direct supervisor of refugee incentive workers.
Responsibilities and Tasks
Working under the direct supervision of the DRC EYEO team leader, the Project Assistant will perform the following tasks ;
- Support the Protection in facilitating capacity building and training activities for relevant duty-bearers and other stakeholders, such as members of judiciary or law enforcement, who provide services for host communities and refugees in the subject areas of international protection standards for refugees both at camp and Shire level;
- Support the protection officer in conducting and facilitating awareness-raising campaigns on migration options and risks for Eritrean refugees and their respective host communities;
- Support protection officer in designing and promote gender-friendly awareness raising related to Access to Justice and customary rule of law for refugees and host communities;
- Establish and maintain relationships with key stakeholders related to Access to Justice, migration and protection issues at camp and local authority levels, including participation in relevant cluster and working group meetings and other coordination fora;
- Regularly collaborate with incentive workers to identify refugees with legal concern for appropriate referral linkage with international and national partners;
- Identify individual cases through regular presence in the community and accept referrals from other agencies and community partners ;
- Regularly follow up to ensure all services and action points listed in the case plan are carried out within agreed time frames.
- Assist Education and Youth Engagment Officer in conducting tutorials, mobilization, catch up classes and other activities deemed ncessary.
- Regularly record cases using case notes and other agreed forms, update this data to the Project assistant to ensure a comprehensive record of the case, and ensure that the date collection is in lieu of the confidentiality principle;
- Provide input for weekly and monthly reports, monitoring checklists and other reports when requested ;
- Performs any other activities assigned by protection officer
In this position, you will also be expected to demonstrate DRC’s five core competencies:
§ Striving for Excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
§ Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
§ Taking the Lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
§ Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
§ Demonstrating Integrity: Acting in line with DRC’s vision and values.
Experience and technical competencies: (include years of experience)
2-3 years of previous work experiences for NGOs, CBOs or governmental office.
Commitment to learning and implementing DRC’s policies and procedures.
Experiences in legal profession considered as an asset.
University degree in law or social science.
Languages: (indicate fluency level)
Excellent verbal and written proficiency in Tigrinya and Good command of English and Amharic
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit updated CV and cover letter explaining their motivation and why they are suited for the post.
We only accept applications sent via our online-application form on www.drc.dkunder Vacancies.
Please forward the application and CV, in English through the stated website no later than October 21, 2018.
For general information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult www.drc.dk.
We encourage only qualified Ethiopian Nationals to apply. DRC considers all applicants based on merit. It is DRC policy to recruit, hire, train and promote individuals, as well as administer any and all personnel actions, without regard to gender, race, national, clan or tribal origin, religion, age, sex, origin or ancestry, marital status, social status, sexual orientation, or status as a qualified disabled individual.