Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit Jobs Vacancy 2018 for Ikm and Communications Advisor
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Applicants for the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit Jobs Vacancy 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit Jobs Vacancy 2018
As an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations, the federally owned Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its development-policy objectives.
In Ethiopia, GIZ has been working for more than 40 years in bilateral cooperation on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and on commission of the Ethiopian government and international donors.
GIZ-Ethiopia is looking to recruit an IKM and Communications Advisor for the Support to Participative Integrated Land Use Planning and Policy (SPILUPP) Project specified below.
Position: IKM and Communications Advisor
Place of Work: Addis Ababa
Application deadline: November 09, 2018
The main duties will be:
· Initiate, coordinate and oversee awareness campaigns for implementation partners, civil society groups, the private sector and the public in order to familiarize a wider audience with the goals and principles of participative and integrated land use planning.
· Lead all efforts to increase the visibility of the project through a range of media and communication materials
· Lead information campaigns on principles, procedures and instruments of participative and integrated land use planning for decision makers, relevant implementation partners and the public
· Prepare quality communication products tailored for specific target groups (i.e. brochures, flyers, digital content, etc.) and organize the systematic distribution of knowledge products
· Support the public dialogue between different stakeholders, especially between civil society and the private sector
· Maintain structured and standardized documentation and upload of relevant project products and documents on knowledge base systems
· Lead the organization of various events and ensure professional documentation
Communication and Networking
· Support partner institutions in developing/enhancing communication to other stakeholders
· Knowledge networking with relevant communities of practice in the area of land use planning and policy
· Support partner institutions in updating web contents
· Maintain a good and effective communication between the project’s partner organizations, GIZ, other relevant public institutions and state organizations;
· Communicate, both orally and in writing, with colleagues and partners through communication products, reports and presentations;
· Organize and share experience during study tours and Multi-Stakeholder-Forums with relevant partners and target groups;
· Assist in and/or carry out other tasks given by the GIZ Project Manager as assigned
Other duties/additional tasks
- performs other duties and tasks at the request of project Manager
Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in Social Sciences, preferably in Communications or Journalism, Development Studies or related fields;
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience in communication, journalism, documentation, ideally for an international development agency;
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Demonstrated experience producing information and visibility materials in different media, including social media;
- Excellent communication skills, both in written and oral English and Amharic;
- Excellent computer skills (Email, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Publishing Excel, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator) with experience in graphic design/layout for publications;
- High degree of initiative, integrity, accountability and the ability to prioritize tasks;
- Good interpersonal skills, team spirit and to operate in a fast-paced environment;
- Willingness to travel to various project regions.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates shall submit their application letter along with their non-returnable recent CV to the following address:
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)
P.O. Box 100009
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Fax: 011 554 0764
The name of the position for which the application is made should be clearly marked on the envelope or on the fax applications. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Applications from qualified women are encouraged