Development Alternative Inc Jobs Vacancies 2018 for Expert for Fruits and Vegetables (Fav) Nurseries Survey
Development Alternative Inc Jobs Vacancy, Development Alternative Inc Recruitment, Development Alternative Inc Jobs Opportunities… Jobs details below…
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the Development Alternative Inc Jobs Vacancies 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Development Alternative Inc Jobs Vacancies 2018
EP (Enterprise Partners) has been promoting marketing of Improved FAV seedlings with the intent of improving accessibility of smallholder farmers to quality seedlings for better productivity in Fruits and vegetable production.
So far, only two FAV seedling propagators operating in central parts of the country have been engaged in the promotion initiative of EP. Consequent to the positive aspects observed so far, EP envisages to expand the initiative to other of fruit and vegetable production areas through partnering with bigger number of nursery operators. Thus for that purpose, EP has compiled list of around 20 nurseries operating in different locations in the Ethiopia.
Consequently, EP is to conduct a rapid assessment of the identified nurseries to understand their operational status, capacities, incentives, marketing strategies and challenges to design the envisaged market expansion intervention.
Thus EP seeks to employ a short Term expert to be part of the assessment team.
Estimated duration of the survey:
The survey duration including time for orientation, field work and compiling the data might go up to twenty days.
Experts’ qualifications & requirements
1. Should have educational background in horticulture, agriculture, forestry, agricultural marketing/economics, and other related subjects
2. Must have practical experience in production and marketing of fruits and vegetables.
3. Must have good work experience with nurseries or seedlings propagation operations.
4. Must have work experience with business oriented entities.
5. Must have experience of pursuing surveys.
6. Good in English and Amharic languages.
7. Experience and interest of working in team.
8. Willing to travel in any parts of the country.
9. Ready for deployment as called.
How to Apply
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted and applications that do not meet the minimum requirements and doesn’t follow the application process will not be considered. Interested applicants should submit their application through [email protected]
Please clearly mark in the subject line ‘Expert for Fruits and Vegetables (FAV) Nurseries Survey ’ and email your CV and application letter. Please note that ONLY CV and application letter (not other testimonials) are required to apply at this stage.
Qualified women are highly encouraged to apply.
No phone calls please.