The Ethiopian Charities and Societies Forum (ECSF) Jobs Vacancy 2020… Ethiopian Charities and Societies Forum advertises new Vacancies for applicants to apply. The positions are available below. Application Form Portal, Requirements and other details are available below.
Ethiopian Charities and Societies Forum invites all Eligible and Interested applicants to apply online for the available vacancies before the recruitment application deadline.
Ethiopian Charities and Societies Forum (ECSF) Jobs Vacancy 2020
1. Job Title: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer
The Ethiopian Civil Society Organization Forum (ECSF) is a non-partisan, independent, inclusive and voluntary national forum that focuses on solving the common concerns and challenges of the Civil Society Organization sector in Ethiopia. The various Networks/Consortia and group representatives of the CSOs operating at Federal and Regional levels in Ethiopia established the Ethiopian Civil Society Organization Forum (ECSF) in May 2013 and registered according to the CSO proclamation No. 1113/2019 with registry number 4414. ECSF, since its establishment, is undertaking various activities and consultative dialogues with sector members and high government officials on challenges of CSO.
Summary of the responsibility: The MEL Officer will support learning/monitoring and evaluation activities across all ECSF programs. This will include: procedures and tools development, data collection and analysis, reporting and learning/reflection processes, and internal evaluation works that demonstrate impact, outcomes and important learning opportunities. The Officer will work in collaboration closely with all staffs of the Forum to share learning internally and externally.
- Facilitate and lead the development and implementation of the Evaluation and Learning (E&L) strategy.
- Coordinate the technical design of MEL methodologies across programs managed by the Forum.
- Lead, manage and facilitate the data collection, storage and analysis process of all program
- Work with program staff to ensure M&E tools and processes are understood and used as per the Forum’s MEL Strategy
- Deliver advisory services to the Forum’s staff and its stakeholder’s project on M&E decisions, such as the identification of priorities, needs and indicators; the design, set up and use of M&E systems to collect data; and the design of E&L studies.
- Identify opportunities to provide and present MEL findings and data to teams to contribute to decision-making and strategic planning processes in program
- Check information from M&E activities is properly analyzed and written up for reporting and learning, by undertaking and supporting activities such as use of data analysis software, collation and analysis of M&E data, and analyzed against outcomes to draw out learning and implications.
- Triangulation of findings using different types of data and analysis of trends over time.
- Support staff to ensure the quality of the Forum’s monitoring and evaluation reports
- Write up and present MEL reports including: presenting data and reports verbally to internal and external audiences.
- Promoting the sharing of written feedback about impact and learning findings to stakeholder groups.
- Ensuring reports and findings are communicated effectively via close collaboration with the other team members of the Forum.
- Participate in external events in order to undertake MEL related data collection or share organizational and project MEL findings.
- Prepare and develop project proposal
Reports to: Program Manager
Duration of contract: One year, based on performance and availability of funds
This post requires frequent travel outside of Addis Ababa.
- Master’s degree in M&E, project management and BA degree in related Social Sciences, fields of study
- Direct experience in MEL more than two years for masters degree and Five (5) years for BA degree
- Only applicants who has MEL experience in CSO/NGO sector encouraged to apply
- Demonstrable understanding of monitoring and evaluation principles and practice
- Professional experience or training in Social Science research methods, or use of participatory research approaches relevant to monitoring and evaluation, both quantitative and qualitative.
- Skills in using SPSS, STATA, NVIVO or similar data analysis software.
- Traceable research and evaluation skills, including quantitative and qualitative research methods along with data analysis skills and familiarity with data analysis software.
- Has proven experience in proposal writing
What would get us excited?
- Proven experience in effective team working and internal and external communication.
- Experience of working with CSOs and government structures, international donors/organizations and bilateral organizations;
- Experience of organizing workshops or events in different parts of Ethiopia.
- Good persuading, discussion and influencing skills both orally and in written.
- Willingness working in multidisciplinary and multicultural environments.
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with a range of people.
- Ability to maintain knowledge sharing and learning platforms among staffs, team working, and collaboration.
- Ability to work independently or with minimum supervision from Managers or Immediate Supervisors, and prompt response to inquiries or keeping deadlines.
- Highly proactive, energetic, result oriented, self-motivated, initiation, outward looking, open to learning, and easy to communicate.
- Attention to detail and a commitment to the quality of outputs
Method of Application
Please send us your CV, reference/recommendation letter and cover letter by indicating the position you are applying via firstname.lastname@example.org. For any additional information call on +251 11 869 9908