FHI360 Recruitment 2018 for Senior HIV/AIDS Technical Advisor – Jobs in Malawi
FHI360 Announce their Recruitment for several positions, suitably qualified Applicant is requested to Apply for FHI360 Recruitment 2018. See position below and Closing Date…
Leads the development and implementation process of a company’s services involving departmental or cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of new or existing projects. May use statistical analysis systems, such as SAS, as appropriate. Plans and directs schedules and monitors budget/spending. Monitors the project/program from initiation through delivery. Organizes the interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/program on schedule and within budget constraints. Selects, develops and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function .
Provide technical assistance on evidence-based national response strategic frameworks
- Provide technical assistance for the review, development, dissemination and implementation of evidence-based strategic documents related to the national response, in particular the National HIV and AIDS Strategic Plan (NSP), the National HIV Prevention Strategy (NPS) and the Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYW) Strategy. Also ensure that there is synergy and alignment of HIV and AIDS strategic documents to other Health related strategies.
- Support development and promotion efforts for targeted, public health-focused, HIV prevention and service demand creation, information, education and communication (IEC) behavior change communication products and activities.
Strengthen NAC overall coordination capacity for the response and specifically for HIV Prevention programming
- Provide technical support to NAC to ensure effective implementation of the revised HIV Prevention Strategy and ensure in depth engagement of all relevant stakeholders and partners.
- Support NAC to identify effective mechanisms that will facilitate comprehensive review of the mid-year performance of the national and district responses and design feedback mechanisms to stakeholders.
- Support national level TWGs and constituency coordination structures, as well as the reconstitution and alignment of district level TWGs to effectively implement the HIV prevention agenda.
- Support development of NAC capacity for resource mobilization and assist partners in strategic processes such as Global Fund grant making and implementation.
- Support NAC coordination of capacity development efforts for local organizations to facilitate strengthened community responses and systems (CRS), demand creation for HIV services and overall implementation of HIV prevention.
Improve quality and availability of HIV prevention information and data to monitor progress and enhance impact of the national HIV prevention response
- Support generation, synthesis and use of evidence from research studies and HIV estimates.
- Support those leading in the design and implementation of NAC HIV/AIDS database for enhanced strategic information generation and dissemination.
- Support Monitoring and implementation of the HIV and AIDS Prevention and Management Act
- Provide technical support in the dissemination of the Act and monitor its implementation.
- Post-graduate Degree in a relevant field preferably: Public Health, Social Sciences or Development Studies;
- Experienced professional, with wide knowledge and a minimum of eight years’ experience in evidence-based HIV Prevention policy, program design and management, particularly in the Malawian or similar contextual setting;
- Extensive knowledge on combination prevention and experience working with key national partners on the national HIV and AIDS Response, particularly on HIV Prevention programming;
- Demonstrable ability and proven track record in leading and facilitating development, review and evaluation of strategic frameworks in the health and HIV/AIDS field;
- Demonstrated experience in management and use of HIV epidemiological and/or HIV program data for program planning, monitoring, or evaluation
- Strong communication, interpersonal, writing skills and ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.