Girls Empowerment Network (Malawi) Recruitment 2019 for Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
Girls Empowerment Network (Malawi) Announces their Recruitment for several positions, Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity on how to Apply for Girls Empowerment Network (Malawi) Recruitment 2019. See position below and Closing Date…
About GIRLS EMPOWERMENT NETWORK (GENET)
Girls Empowerment Network (Malawi) is a local young women’s rights organization that works to support and improve the well-being of vulnerable and marginalized girls in Malawi. The mission driving GENET (Malawi) is the commitment to contributing towards elimination of gender inequalities in health, education and economic opportunities, and work to fight against gender-based violence, harmful traditional practices and HIV/AIDS through promotion and creation of safe spaces for the girl’s participation and development.
GENET has the following vacancy to fill:
MONITORING & EVALUATION OFFICER
Type of Contract: Regular full-time
Duration of Contract: 1 Year (renewable after each year based on performance and funding)
Under the overall guidance of the Executive Director and The Research and Programs Advisor, the M&E Officer exercises overall responsibility for planning, implementing, and Monitoring and Evaluation activities. She/he will work in close collaboration with the GENET field officers, volunteers and government officials ensuring efficiency, effectiveness and quality delivery of interventions.
Description of Duties
Among other duties, the ideal candidate will:
- Participate and facilitate joint supervision of programmes to ensure effective implementation of annual work plans and budgets;
- Plan and create an M & E framework in line with the strategic plan.
- From the project statement, objectives, constraints and requirements, develop indicators to generate the required data and also develop M & E tools.
- Monitor that each project is following its respective M&E plan and report progress weekly
- Build capacity of staff and communities in monitoring and evaluation of programmes to ensure longer-term data collection, analysis, and reporting; train Officers for data collecting activities (how to collect, analyze, and enter data);
- Compile and submit monthly project reports, quarterly and annual reports;
- Ensure Donor compliance specially for program M&E requirements and reporting
- Maintain productive working relationships with project partners and key counterparts;
- Maintain a comprehensive programme database/management information system (electronic and hard copy files of all project documents)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Science, Demographic, any related field. Advanced qualifications in Monitoring and Results Based Management considered an asset;
- NGOs experience and proficiency of monitoring and evaluation with a good knowledge of research and data management.
- Demonstrated skills in the M&E design with previous experience in application of quantitative and qualitative research methodologies.
- A self-starter with excellent skills in developing, maintaining and interpreting data bases of multiple projects
Submit an application letter, Curriculum Vitae and copies of qualifications. Please indicate in your application letter your salary expectations. Send your application pack to the:
Closing date for this-application is 21st January 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.