Goal Recruitment 2018 for Psychosocial Support Officer – Jobs in Ethiopia
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the Goal Recruitment 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Goal Recruitment 2018
GOAL has been working in Ethiopia since 1984 implementing a range of multi-sectoral development, resiliency and humanitarian responses. GOAL Ethiopia is currently working with street children, pastoralists and rural small holders and responds to humanitarian crises in Ethiopia by working closely with local communities, local government and other key actors with a strong emphasis on resiliency, preparedness and longer term impacts. GOAL Ethiopia’s major funders are USAID, OFDA, ECHO, BPRM, Irish Aid and UNOCHA.
ABOUT THE ROLE
GOAL Ethiopia is looking for a highly experienced individual for the position of Psychosocial Support Officer to strengthen the psychosocial protection of Internal Displaced Peoples (IDPs) in particular migrant children (in family or unaccompanied), women, other vulnerable groups through the implementation and dissemination of Psychological First Aid (PFA) and other protocols, under the coordination and supervision of Regional Programme Manager.
You’ll be an experienced Psychosocial Support Officer and working in assessing the psychosocial needs of IDPs in the target location participants by identifying, documenting and analysing the needs of children, women and other vulnerable groups and Respond to the identified needs by providing direct psychosocial support services.
- BSC degree in Psychology, Counseling, sociology or social work, at least 3 years of experience in the same/similar role in another organization or association;
- Demonstrated technical expertise in psychosocial crisis management and support in different international humanitarian contexts
- Experience in working with women, children, specific needs groups and case management programs.
- Expertise in child protection & GBV protection principles desirable
- Excellent communication and listening skills, capacity to build relationships with IDPs;
- Strong aptitude to teamwork and flexibility; dynamic and proactive attitude
- Excellent and proven ability to adapt to difficult, challenging and stressful situations;
- Good organizational skills and capacity to work independently, if necessary and/or required;
- Integrity, professionalism and expertise in processing reports and questionnaires;
- Ability to understand the cultural context of the community, local language, and use that culture as an input for community mobilization.
- Gender sensitive.
Desirable key qualities, Skills and Competences: (list of qualities that are considered necessary for the specific post which are believed to be key to the success of the job holder in the specific post):
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills and demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels.
- Skilled at carrying out needs assessments and project evaluation desirable.
- Immediate availability
Remuneration & Benefits:
Salary Birr 10,460.00 per month.
Transportation Allowance – 10% of monthly salary.
Hardship Allowance – 10% of monthly salary
Taxi fare, 300 birr/month.
Medical Allowance – Birr 6,500/annum (will be added in your monthly salary)
Pension – as per the government pension scheme (11% from the employer and 7% from the employee).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should send their non-returnable CV and essential documents to the Administration & Human Resources Department, GOAL Ethiopia P. O. Box 5504, Addis Ababa.
Only those applicants who fill the application form will be considered.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for an interview and exam.