Government of Malawi Ministry of Education, Science & Technology Recruitment 2019 for Clerk of Works (29 Positions)… Government of Malawi Ministry of Education, Science & Technology recruitment 2019 application form, requirements, qualifications, and guidelines.
I believe you visit this page because you seek information on How to Apply for the Government of Malawi Ministry of Education, Science & Technology Recruitment – Job Vacancy exercise. This page will give you insight on how to apply for Government of Malawi Ministry of Education, Science & Technology recruitment 2019/2020, application form, requirements, qualification, guidelines, portal, and related details.
Government of Malawi Ministry of Education, Science & Technology Recruitment 2019
Applications are invited from in suitably qualified applicants for the 2019/2020 Government of Malawi Ministry of Education, Science & Technology Recruitment exercise. INTERESTED AND SUITABLY QUALIFIED members of the public can apply for any of the positions available at Government of Malawi Ministry of Education, Science & Technology following the procedures on this page.
Before we Continue, Let’s talk a little about Government of Malawi Ministry of Education, Science & Technology:
The Government of the Republic of Malawi through the Ministry of Education, Science and Technology (MoEST) has received financial support in the form of a grant from the Royal Norwegian Embassy (RNE) towards the cost of Malawi Education Sector Improvement Project (MESIP-Extended), and intends to apply part of the proceeds to pay for individual consultancy on supervision of construction works.
The Ministry of Education Science and Technology (MOEST) intends to recruit 29 Clerk of Works to supervise the construction of classrooms, latrines and water points, and now invites applications from eligible Individual Consultants to indicate their interest in providing the Services.
Interested individual consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the individual consultancies as per Terms of Reference (TORS) for the Clerk of Works herewith provided
Government of Malawi Ministry of Education, Science & Technology
Malawi Education Sector Improvement Project (MESIP) Extended
Request for Applications for Positions of 29 Clerk of Works (Individual Consultants)
Name of project: Malawi Education Sector Improvement Project (MESIP) Extended
Grant No.: MWI-14/0022
Assignment Title: Provision of Individual Consultancies as Clerk of Works on supervision of construction of Classrooms, Latrines and Water Points
Reference No.: 025/MoEST/ESJF/CS/ INDIV/2018-19/01
Available Job Positions
The following Job Position is available at Government of Malawi Ministry of Education, Science & Technology:
The Ministry of Education, Science and Technology is in the process of identifying contractors to undertake the construction works in various pre-selected education sites. In order to ensure that construction works are of high quality and standards, the MoEST intends to hire individual consultants that will work as Clerk of Works (CoW) to undertake daily supervision of the construction works on various sites.
2.0 Objectives of the Assignment
The Clerk of Works will be employed by the MoEST which is a Client and primarily representing the interests of the Client. The Clerk of Works will ensure that quality for both materials and workmanship are in accordance with the design information and contract documents (specifications and a set of drawings). The CoW will report to the Technical Officers from the MoEST.
3.0 Scope of the Construction Supervision, Roles and Responsibilities
The CoW is expected to be impartial in ensuring that value for money for the client – rather than the contractor – is achieved through rigorous and detailed inspection of materials and workmanship throughout the building process. Specifically, the incumbent will not be expected to judge, but rather to report all occurrences that are relevant to their roles.
Depending on the works activity taking place at each construction site, the CoW will have to either be on site daily during working hours or make regular visits. He or she shall have to be vigilant in inspections of a large range of technical aspects of the work.
Some duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- Making sure that work is carried out correctly and to the client’s standards in terms of specification, materials, workmanship and schedule.
- Become familiar with all the relevant drawings and written instructions, checking them and using them as a reference when inspecting work.
- Making visual inspections and routine and spot checks on works quality.
- Taking samples on site to make sure that the work and materials meet the specifications and quality standards.
- Being familiar with legal requirements and checking that the work complies with them.
- Having a working knowledge of health and safety legislation and bringing any shortfalls observed to the attention of the Technical Officers.
- Advising the contractor about certain aspects of the work, particularly when something has gone wrong, but this advice should not be interpreted as an instruction
- Making at least weekly visits to the project sites in contract.
- Attending site meetings and advising of difficulties being encountered or likely to be encountered.
- Making recommendations both orally and in writing about any aspect of the works, including quality which does not conform with the plans, specifications or schedules of works and other documentation that might be unsatisfactory for any reasons of designs, work or cost. Referring recommendations to Technical Officers for a decision on further instruction.
- Continuously monitoring work on site in accordance with the contractors.
- Maintaining and issuing weekly written progress reports with photographs for all visits, including weather conditions, available work force, and materials on site.
- Examining, as far in advance as possible, all contract documents and drawings, on individual schemes for discrepancies.
- Checking that progress is maintained according to the building program and advising on any likely cause for delay to the Technical Officers.
- Working in collaboration with Client’s staff to ensure projects, both pre and post contract, run smoothly and objectives are achieved.
- Updating a site diary on site operations.
The CoW will be expected to:
- Provide monthly reports for the works progress to the MoEST Technical Officers; however, where and when necessary, he or she may be requested to provide a specific report.
- Notify the client in writing of any completion of payment stage for verification, if and when necessary.
5.0 Qualification and Experience
- He or she must have Malawi School Certificate of Education (MSCE), and a construction related Certificate or Diploma from a recognized institution.
- The consultant shall be an individual with at least three (3) years of experience in carrying out site supervision in remote areas and on construction works.
- Experience in building construction will be an added advantage.
The consultancy will be expected to run for a period of 6-10 months in some districts, depending on the construction period.
7.0 Selection of the consultants
The individual consultants will be selected in accordance with the procedures provided for in the Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Act (2017) and the Public Procurement Regulations (2004) of the Government of the Republic of Malawi. The Selection criteria shall be based on qualification and experience as set out below:
- General education and experience; shall include; MSCE, and construction related certificate or diploma from a recognized institution.
- Knowledge and experience in construction supervision management, at least three (3) years of experience in carrying out site supervision in remote areas and on construction works
- Specific experience in construction supervision for schools/classrooms or other related building construction project.
How to Apply
Government of Malawi Ministry of Education, Science & Technology Recruitment 2019 Application Details:
All applications must be submitted and clearly marked on the envelope, ‘Applications for Clerk of Works’ and must be delivered in a written form to the address below by 15:00 hours on Thursday, 7th March, 2019.
The Secretary for Education, Science and Technology, Malawi Education Sector Improvement Project (MESIP) Extended, Ministry of Education Science and Technology, Ground Floor, Room No. 35 Capital Hill Private Bag 328 LILONGWE 3
firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com and copy: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: +265 1 789 153 / +265 1 738 064