Integrated Service on Health and Development Organization /ISHDO/ hereby invites applications from Ethiopia for recruitment to a Grant and Contracts Manager Position at Integrated Service on Health and Development Organization /ISHDO/. The application will close on 03 Nov 2020.
Location: Addis Ababa
Integrated Service on Health and Development Organization /ISHDO/ advertised posts are as follows:
- Ensure the highest level of integrity in the management of grants, to include proper adherence to USAID and ISHDO policies and procedures.
- Develop, Design, and Implement grant Management tools and Grant tracking system to ensure USAID compliance requirements to foster operational excellency by working closely with ISHDO Management team.
- Lead and oversight the capacity building efforts for ISHDO staff and Local implementing partners.
- Provide reports to the management including chief of party on regular and timely basis concerning compliance efforts and results.
- Utilize ISHDO’s Sub award Management System (Sales force) and accounting system for sub award issuance and management. Ensure that all required documentation is uploaded and stored as per ISHDO policy.
- Oversee budget management of project’s sub grants pool, working with the Finance Director. Work closely with the Finance Director to ensure accurate and timely disbursement and liquidation of sub award expenses.
- Organize a post award briefing workshop to subrecipients on major compliance issues of new uniform administrative requirements, cost principles and Audit requirements for Federal Awards and reporting requirements under USAID funded project.
- Ensure that office systems for grants administration are maintained and that regular reports are provided to ISHDO head office and Donor as required.
- Assist in the Development and/or updating of the Grants Manual so it’s in compliance with USAID and ISHDO guidance, policies and procedures.
- Prepare responses to donor questions on financial information or budget application.
- Lead, Facilitate, and participate in internal and external audits including Single Audits & follow up actions to improve systems of internal controls and USAID compliances.
- Support closeout of awards, including preparation of final inventories, property disposition, etc.
- Responsible for monitoring and reporting on the implementation of the sub awards fund;
- Support the management of sub awards that will be awarded under the activity
- Review advances payments to sub awardees; and ensure that the advances to sub awardees are liquidated in a timely manner.
- Resolve grant compliance issues that arise with sub grantees by arranging for technical support from the ISHDO Grant and Compliance team.
- Take the lead in monitoring timely local grants closure – engaging both finance and program staff well in advance of closure deadlines and advising on issues related to staffing, disposition, and reporting
Required Education and Experience:
- A minimum of Master’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting and Finance and other related professions with Eight years of experience
- Five years of experience in Grant management, experience in direct grant administration and compliance issues
- Strong familiarity with managing USAID cooperative agreements and sub-grants
- Ability to efficiently coordinate and manage field offices and field teams and to create and/or maintain systems and procedures for managing Grant with many implementation sites, partners and beneficiaries.
- Demonstrated experience with multi-partner programs and working with local organizations.
- Demonstrated and progressively increasing experience in designing, implementing, and managing complex grant projects involving multiple partners
- Management experience with a USG cooperative agreement and PEPFAR is highly desirable.
- Experience with USAID processes and procedures, rules and regulations required
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with ability to make sound judgment and decisions and offer innovative solutions.
- Ability to maintain and manage strong relations, both internally and externally.
- Good presentation and facilitation skills.
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented.
- Previous experience of managing and developing a team and the ability to lead, motivate and develop others
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English language
- Skills in MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, information management systems, accounting system
How to Apply
ISHDO provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Interested candidates are required to fill the attached application form the link below
ISHDO-USAID -Applicant profile form (1).docx
and submit the form along with their CV and application letter through the organization’s email address email@example.com within 10 working days from the date of announcement. Please write the position you applied for, in the subject area.