Integrated Service on Health and Development Organization /ISHDO/ hereby invites applications from Ethiopia for recruitment to a Grant and Contracts Officer Position at Integrated Service on Health and Development Organization /ISHDO/. The application will close on 03 Nov 2020.
Location: Addis Ababa
Integrated Service on Health and Development Organization /ISHDO/ advertised posts are as follows:
- Provide technical support to sub recipients in the development of work-plan and budget to be followed during the award contract period.
- Review work-plans and budget from partners to ensure compliance with ISHDO’s planning, monitoring and evaluation (PME) policy guidelines.
- Prepare and submit requests for re-Budgeting/modifying the funded project budget when necessary.
- Facilitate and process grant payment to sub recipients, obtain and record grant payment receipts in accordance with ISHDO guidelines.
- Ensure local implementing annual budget uploading in the Accounting system to analyze the budget against actual expenses.
- Receive and assess financial reports from partners ensuring compliance with USAID requirements on proper reporting of expenditures, invoicing, procurement and asset management.
- Monitor adherence and compliance to financial control systems, policies and procedures as per USAID requirements.
- Monitor sub recipient compliance, conducts field office site visits to ensure consistency with grant terms and conditions, timelines, budgets, and performance measures.
- Conduct financial assessment of sub recipients, identify and mitigate risks in situations where contractual obligations may not be met.
- Ensure strict adherence and compliance to financial control systems, policies and procedures.
- Review and verify that sub recipients maintain proper books of accounts, including an up-to-date register of assets as well as proper filing and archiving of financial documents.
- Support the coordination, planning, and execution of annual audit of Sub recipients.
- Maintain filling system as per the checklist and Filling index in both hard and soft copies at all levels for ISHDO on user friendly grants and subrecipients management resources- (for soft copy – using one drive, share point, and teams).
Required Education and Experience:
- A minimum of BA Degree in Business administration, management, accounting and finance or related fields
- At least 5 years’ experience in grants compliance management.
- Familiarity with USG rules and regulations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of USAID rules, regulations, and compliance, experience in training staff and sub-recipients in grants’ management, ability to work seamlessly as a vital team member with high accountability
- Demonstrated strong organizational, communication, leadership, problem solving and time management skills.
- Skills in determining priorities
- Strong interpersonal skills and positive professional attitude
- Ability to represent the project in a professional manner at all times
- Excellent written and communication skills in English language
- Skills in MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Accounting system
How to Apply
ISHDO provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Interested candidates are required to fill the attached application form the link below
ISHDO-USAID -Applicant profile form (1).docx
and submit the form along with their CV and application letter through the organization’s email address email@example.com within 10 working days from the date of announcement. Please write the position you applied for, in the subject area.