HelpAge International Jobs Vacancies 2018 for Wash Officer – Jobs in Ethiopia
HelpAge International Jobs Vacancy, HelpAge International Recruitment, HelpAge International Jobs Opportunities… Jobs details below…
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the HelpAge International Jobs Vacancies 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
HelpAge International Jobs Vacancies 2018
HelpAge International (www.helpage.org) is the secretariat to the HelpAge Global Network, which brings together a wide range of organisations and individuals working together to ensure that older people lead dignified, active, healthy and secure lives. HelpAge International’s secretariat is based in London, UK but works in 41 countries across the world.
HelpAge has been operating in Ethiopia since 1992 and has been engaged on thematic sectors including social protection, health and wellbeing, emergency response and capacity building of partners. HelpAge International is responding to the needs of south Sudanese refugees’ influx with special focus on specific needs of older people and PWDs in Gambella region. The integrated refugee response intervention includes Health, Nutrition, Livelihoods, protection of older people and person with disabilities and capacity building of humanitarian actors to ensure inclusion of older people and their specific needs in the overall refugee response and essential service delivery interventions. The specific projects are implemented with full engagement of older people and other persons with specific needs in refugee camps and in close consultation and coordination with ARRA, UNHCR, RaDO and other humanitarian actors currently involved in various sectors of refugee responses.
Summary of the Role:
- Responsible for the overall management of the WaSH project response in the designated district including proper planning and organizing of tasks, providing technical guidance and management of project scope
- Ensure timely and quality implementation of water and sanitation infrastructures constructions, rehabilitation and maintenance activities.
- Along with the public health officer, organize and coordinate sanitation and hygiene campaigns and promotion activities
- Organize and facilitate capacity building training for WASHCOs and scheme care takers.
- Work with government partners in planning and monitoring day to day emergency WaSH interventions at the assigned district
- Assess the capabilities and constraints faced by WaSH partners and provide proactive guidance and support
- Organize and submit weekly updates and periodic progress reports on emergency WaSH related activities of HelpAge to the Deputy Emergency Program Manager.
- Collect, sanitize and communicate emergency WASH situation of current and potential woredas.
- Make regular follow-up and monitoring of water schemes with emphasis on technical soundness, effectiveness, quality and sustainability.
- Adopt and ensure implementation of basic guidelines and standards for emergency WaSH projects;
- Ensure integration Humanitarian Principles, sphere standards and cross cutting issues and concerns e.g. ageing, gender, HIV & AIDS, disability and environment into planned water scheme provision and NFI distributions
- Closely cooperate with partners, relevant government offices (e.g. water, health and education bureaus) in the target woredas
- As delegated, coordinate with other organizations including participation in cluster meetings and forums.
VACANCY REF. NO. HAI/Prog/016/18
RESPONSIBLE TO: Deputy Emergency Program Manager
DUTY STATION: Yabello
NO. OF POSITIONS: one
CONTRACT LENGTH: year with a possibility of extension
- MSc or BSc in Water Supply and Sanitation / Hydraulic Engineering, Water Resources Engineering, or another relevant field.
- Professional experience in Emergency WaSH projects implementation (minimum 2 years for MSc and 5 years for BSc) including assessment of water resources, designing and implementing of different technology options on water supply and sanitation.
- Good understanding of standards and requirements in emergency situations.
- Experience with supervision, monitoring, coaching and training of partner organizations.
- Strong personal integrity and commitment to accountability.
- Proactive and takes initiatives without the need for prompting by others.
- Willing to travel to and stay in hardship areas.
- Proficiency in oral and written English.
How to Apply
First Download the summary format and fill out the required information carefully.
Indicate the vacancy reference No. and the post you are applying in subject line.
Then attach the following;
Current CV (not more than 4 pages) including three (3) professional referees
One page – cover letter highlighting job knowledge, qualification and experience.
Female meeting the minimum qualification and experience are encouraged to apply.
NB: Non-compliance to the above procedures will lead to instant rejection.
We are interested in how your skills, knowledge and experience indicate your ability to carry out the duties and responsibilities of the position.
Closing date: 3/9/2018
Interested applicants who meet the minimum requirements are required to submit their non-returnable application together with the summary format to: HelpAge International, P.O.Box 3384, Addis Ababa OR by email address: email@example.com