Mary Joy Development Association hereby invites applications from Ethiopia for a Vacancy as an HIV Service Manager at Mary Joy Development Association. The application will close on 18th September 2020.
Location: Addis Ababa
Mary Joy Development Association advertised posts are as follows:
Internal/External Vacancy announcement
Mary Joy Ethiopia, the non-profit development oriented, organization with 25+ year experience dedicated to bringing long lasting improvement in the lives of the community it serves. The MJE’s program focuses on Livelihood Enhancement, Education, Health and institutional sustainability with cross cutting issues of Environmental Protection, AYSRH, HIV/AIDS, Gender Mainstreaming, Inclusiveness and Child protection. Mary Joy Ethiopia works in more than one hundered Kebeles/Woredas depending the country’s grass root governance structure.
Currently, Mary Joy Ethiopia has been awarded fund with the Cooperative Agreement No. 72066320CA00015 with USAID for Family Focused HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment Services in SNNPR and Sidama regions to be implemented by three consortium members, EKHCDC, Progynist and CVDA. The operatioal sites include Hawassa, Dilla, Yirgalem, Butajira, Hossana, Sodo, Arbamich, Mizan aman, Tepi, and Jinka.
The project is aiming to contribute to meeting Ethiopia goal to achieve 95% of all PLHIV knowing their HIV status; 95% of all people with diagnosed HIV infection to receive sustained antiretroviral therapy (ART); and 95% of all people receiving ART will have viral suppression. The OVC/C&T Activity will expand initiation of HCT, ART initiation and VLS among 100% KPs and PPs and their biological children in the targeted SNUs. Thus, we are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of HIV Service Manager
HIV Services Manager: Will ensure the overall technical and programmatic quality and growth of Health and HIV/AIDS portfolio, will lead current knowledge of PEPFAR guidelines and standard interventions and approaches to HIV testing and counseling, health system strengthening, referral networks, ART and retention, OVC, HIV co-morbidities and prevention/control of other related infectious diseases. The manager will be managing the project using PEPFAR data systems and Health Information Management Systems (HMIS) and will have experience in the strategic use of data for project management and improvement.The entrant will liaise with relevant advisers on health-related strategic information. The manager provides guidance on scientific, policy and practices associated with community-based HIV and AIDS treatment, care and support services. Together with the M&E and other relevant staff members the manager provides technical guidance and support to sub- awards in the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of effective to HIV and AIDS services.
- Ensuring strong collaboration with the Ministry of Health, regional and Woreda Health bureau and National Program for Prevention of HIV, and as needed,
- provide overall project management of the program team;
- Support the strategic planning and decisions for the team to increase access to HIV care, treatment, prevention, and community-based activities; and,
- Ensure and as needed improve the quality of HIV care, treatment prevention, community-based activities
- Ensure and as needed improve the Prevention of Mother To Child Transmission (PMTCT) community based activities and
- Explore opportunities and support the HIV Supply Chain in coordination with and improve TB/HIV collaboration across key and vulnerable populations.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with internal external stakeholders
- Promotes teamwork and cooperation needed for the success of the project
- Represent system HIV services to external agencies, community, public health and HIV/AIDS service agencies,
- Assure compliance with project HIV service standard and procedures other regulatory standards
- Ensure adequate availability and patient access to beneficiary services across the system
- Contribute to annual plan and budget preparation which aligns with the goals and objectives of the project
- Oversee development and utilization of grants to ensure effective use project resources
- Prepare and submit regular and timely performance reports to the COP adhering to USAID reporting requirement
- Ensure timely and appropriate project expenditures in line with financial plans, and efficient use and stewardship of project material sources.
- Oversee technical assistance and capacity strengthening activities in HIV for staff and partner organizations to enhance program quality and impact.
- Supervisory knowledge, skill and understanding of the National and Global Health Agenda, including an AIDS-free generation, the UNAIDS 95/95/95 goals, and its targets of Ending HIV by 2030.
- Master’s degree in Public Health; Degree in Medicine or Nursing degree and ten (10) or 12 years of experience in clinical HIV treatment or HIV testing service delivery.
- Experience in expanding access to essential comprehensive HIV and AIDS services is desirable.
- Specialized knowledge and demonstrated expertise in comprehensive HIV and AIDS services which is necessary for strengthening service delivery is required.
- Previous work program/project management experience, directly or indirectly, with USAID, PEPFAR, or other USG health programs required.
- Experience and good understanding of the Ethiopian health care delivery system including networking of the facility and community health system/the Urban Health Extension Program, local NGOs and other Civil Service Organizations providing services to PLHIV in the community is required.
- Experience in managing a project team composed of several technical experts and fostering teamwork is required.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with ability to make sound judgment and decisions and offer innovative solutions.
- Ability to maintain and manage strong relations, both internally and externally.
- Good presentation and facilitation skills.
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their Credentials and application letter through the email address of: email@example.com within 10 working days from the date of the announcement including holy day and weekends.