Humanity & Inclusion (New Brand Name of Handicap International) Jobs Vacancies 2018 for Gender Based Violence (Gbv) Officer (Mobile Protection Team)
Humanity & Inclusion (New Brand Name of Handicap International) Jobs Vacancy, Humanity & Inclusion (New Brand Name of Handicap International) Recruitment, Humanity & Inclusion (New Brand Name of Handicap International) Jobs Opportunities… Jobs details below…
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the Humanity & Inclusion (New Brand Name of Handicap International) Jobs Vacancies 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Humanity & Inclusion (New Brand Name of Handicap International) Jobs Vacancies 2018
– Form the mobile protection team which monitors activities to identify GBV risks and the effectiveness of response in reducing risks.
– Gather protection related information in the targeted areas including using the findings of the DTM to make subsequent follow ups on protection concerns.
-Identify protection concerns that relate to the community as a whole such as services accessibility, risks of GBV because limited access to facilities, etc.
– Identify individuals with serious protection issues such as cases of violence or abuse, cases of separated or unaccompanied children, cases of GBV, hazardous child labor, child marriage, elderly or handicapped persons without caregivers, etc. and refer such cases to an appropriate service provider and/or the individual should be informed of appropriate available services if these exist.
– provide advices and technical support for different sectors on how to mainstream protection in their programs and ways of working.
– Undertake referral of IDPs who give their consent; ensuring that information is kept confidential and accessed only by the senior protection staff for the purpose of follow-up with the service provider.
– Conduct protection monitoring using participatory tools and approaches and in a manner that will not create risks for informants and the communities they represent.
– Map available services for IDPs in kabeles that are hosting IDPs and covered by the UNOCHA-funded project and update these monthly
Mobilize IDP leaders and organize the supportive committees, working with existing community groups in the IDP sites, where present.
– Prepare weekly plans in coordination with other members of the mobile protection team, specifying logistical needs (e.g. vehicles, materials for MPT monitoring tool and service providers supportive activities etc.)
– Liaise with the Bureau of Women and Children Affairs’ representative in the mobile protection team, ensuring that they are informed of weekly activities- Provide weekly reports to the protection officer and technical lead
– Coordinate regular activities with IDP committees, kabele authorities, and other partner teams as may be necessary
– Other responsibilities may be given by the line manager as necessary
– Bachelor’s Degree in Sociology, Social Work, Psychology, Child Development or other related field.
– Minimum 3 years Experience
– Prior exposure on child protection in emergency /crises context exposure
– Excellent knowledge of Child Protection and GBV minimum standards and basic principles.
– Good knowledge of GBV and Child Protection case management
– Excellent knowledge of psycho-social support basic principles and PSS key messages to vulnerable children and caregivers
– Identify protection concerns that relate to the community as a whole such as services accessibility, risks of CP and GBV because limited access to facilities, etc.
– Knowledge of working area language (Afaan Oromo) is mandatory
How to Apply
Interested applicants who meet the above criteria should send/submit their non-returnable application with a motivation letter and a CV (of not more than 4 pages) to Handicap International through email at [email protected] on or before the above mentioned deadline.
PLEASE CLEARLY STATE FOR WHICH POSITION YOU APPLY IN THE SUBJECT OF THE EMAIL.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for exam/interview no phone calls please.
Humanity and Inclusion is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from people with disabilities and women.