People In Need – PIN hereby invites applications from Ethiopia for a Vacancy as an Intern (for Procurement) at People In Need – PIN. The application will close on 26 September 2020.
Location: Hawassa, as required with travel to the project sites (if only needed), SNNPR
People In Need – PIN advertised posts are as follows:
People in Need is a non-governmental, non-profit organization founded on the ideals of humanism, freedom, equality and solidarity. We consider human dignity and freedom to be fundamental values. We believe that people anywhere in the world should have the right to make decisions about their lives and to share the rights expressed in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
The People in Need organization was established in 1992 by a group of Czech war correspondents who were no longer satisfied with merely relaying information about ongoing conflicts and began sending out aid. It gradually became established as a professional humanitarian organization striving to provide aid in troubled regions and support adherence to human rights around the world.
Throughout our over 25 years of its existence, People in Need has become one of the biggest non-profit organizations in Central Europe. In addition to humanitarian aid and human rights, it now also targets education and helps people living in social exclusion.
We are part of Alliance 2015, a strategic network of seven European non-governmental organizations engaged in humanitarian aid and development projects. This collaboration increases effectiveness, both in working in the target countries and in campaigns aimed at influencing the attitudes of politicians and the general public in Europe. In our over 16 years operation in Ethiopia, has focused on projects in five main areas of interest: Education and Social protection, Environment, Livelihood and Agriculture, Water, sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) and Emergency programs.
PIN currently is seeking energetic, disciplined, responsible Female Intern to work under Logistic department.
Length of internship: for 6 months
Number required: 1(one)
Duties of Procurement Intern:
- Assisting the procurement team on established record management system.
- Record-keeping i.e. binding the physical documents, optimizing space and gradually moving to digital storage by scanning all the documents.
- Support the purchase officer on dealing with inquiries and requests for information from both internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensuring that records are easily accessible when needed for both internal and external Audits, including procurement documents, like tender, quotation, market assessment and derogation and Project related documents (Donation contracts and others).
- Destroying or archiving finished data/records
- Filling documents in sequential arrangement and label.
- Proper documentation & maintenance of procurement related documents.
- Photocopying and scanning of documents.
- Assisting all the procurement team as required.
- Assist the Procurement Process with market surveys
- Perform other duties as required by organization
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Procurement, Logistics & Supply Chain, Management and other related fields of study from a recognized higher education institution.
- Only Zero years of work experience required
- A dedicated, hard-working individual, with strong attention to details
- Patience and capable of prioritizing
- Basic skills on usage of databases and Microsoft operating systems
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment.
How to Apply
Interested applicants for the position should fill the application form and send their CV and Cover letter as soon as possible via following the link: Intern Application Form until September 26, 2020.
Should any information needed please contact using: [email protected]
Please note: PIN does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees).
People in Need staff are expected to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need Code of conduct and key policies (available at: www.peopleinneed.cz/policies)
Women are strongly encouraged to apply.