International Organization for Migration Jobs Vacancies 2018
General functions Under the general supervision of the Shelter and WASH project manager, with direct supervision by the WASH/ESNFI Information Management Officer, the incumbent will support in reporting and monitor IOM emergency including Shelter, Non-Food Items, Water Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH) in Ethiopia
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Data Gathering, Tools and Process – Proactively gather information from IOM Programme Units that may be of use in informing Programme Unit decisions. Support the implementation of an integrated mechanism for data gathering and information management across all activities.
- Support and strengthen field assessment mechanisms through the development of standardized data collection forms and tools using Kobo. Organise and monitor data collection, input, cleaning and initial analysis of data for IOM programme units.
- Monitoring & Reporting – Maintain relevant and updated datasets, including population data, funding requirements and contributions as input in to derivative products.
- Contribute to the strengthening of existing monitoring and reporting mechanisms.
- Mapping – Prepare templates, catalogues and style guides for general map production. Produce Easy maps to support IOM field operations (Sub-offices and Logistic Hubs) as required. Produce maps IOM Programme Units to highlight coverage, gaps, and needs by overlaying vulnerability information.
- Visualization & Presentation – Prepare and generate information products; prepare templates in line with the IOM style guide. Generate pictorial/graphical analysis as well as PPT presentation including graphs, charts, tables and graphics/infographics
- Support in the systematic reporting at cluster level for WASH and ES NFI activities
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- Complete university degree in mathematics, analysis, accountancy, computer science or relevant field
- Five years’ experience required in the IMO sector
- Experience in information management and emergency humanitarian operations;
- Experience in the management and coordination of information flows and data management
- Including collecting, storing, processing, and analysing data to generate information products;
- In-depth knowledge of the latest technological developments in information technology and information systems;
- Demonstrated ability for leadership in the context of partnership building and consensual decision making;
- Proven skills to analyse statistical information;
- Ability to formulate IM-related technical requirements and operating procedures;
- Ability to translate planning and specifications into technical briefs for data capture and analysis, and vice versa;
- Ability to compile and holistically analyze diverse data sets;
- Experience with handling confidential data;
- Demonstrated team building and information management skills;
- Demonstrated understanding of different data collection methodologies;
- Understanding of relational data theory;
- Advanced data visualization and information design skillExperience with supervision roles for tasks of a similar nature to this assignment;
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application/ motivation letter enclosed with only detail CV written in English via our e-mail address RECADDIS@IOM.INT, by August 22, 2018 at the latest, referring the position title and Vacancy number in the subject line of your email; no photocopies of educational/training certificates is required at this stage; applicant who does not follow the required application procedure will automatically be disqualified from the competition.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We strongly encourage qualified women to apply!