International Organization for Migration Recruitment 2018 for Project Assistant – FAP – Jobs in Ethiopia
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the International Organization for Migration Recruitment 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
International Organization for Migration Recruitment 2018
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Context and Scope of the Position
Under the programmatic supervision of the Family Assistance Program (FAP) Project Coordinator, and the direct supervision of the Team Leader and the administration supervision of the Chief of Mission, the successful candidate will be based in Addis Ababa and will be accountable and responsible for assisting the streamlining of applicant case processing and guiding family members on the German Family Reunification (FR) visa application process, which includes how to correctly complete the required forms and supporting documentation checklists.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will specifically undertake:
1. Assist in the day-to-day implementation of the FAP activities and provide logistical/administrative support;
2. Provide excellent migrant service to applicants at all times, in full compliance with the Service Standards;
3. Communicate with the German NGOs and other external German stakeholders on FAP related matters in close coordination with the Team Leader and Project Coordinator as needed;
4. Provide accurate information in a timely manner to the German speaking representatives. This will include updating information sheets and visa requirement checklists in German; assisting with telephone and e-mail inquiries in German from applicants’ representatives (including requirements for submitting visa applications); and informing them of any changes to visa requirements or submission procedures;
5. Data Capture: Maintain high degree of skill in using IOM internal software platforms; enter required applicant and representatives data accurately;
6. Make informal translations of documents, communication and meetings as needed;
7. Call center service: responsible for outreach to families and principle applicants to answer questions and provide remote guidance on form filling, visa requirements and general information;
8. Reporting: Maintain records of all applications and contact with principle applicants and report these records periodically in a timely manner;
9. Maintain a professional appearance and migrant-friendly demeanor at all times;
10. Maintain positive working relationships with German Embassy staff locally;
11. Inform management of any problems or issues immediately and regularly make suggestions on how to improve efficiency and service;
12. Maintain a positive working relationship with staff members within the FAP and with external counterparts involved with the processing of this caseload;
13. Maintain and ensure confidentiality of all FAP-related matters, in accordance with guidelines and instructions;
14. Take active steps to mitigate fraud and malfeasance, and to monitor the integrity of records containing individual data;
15. Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
University degree or equivalent in Business Management, Client Services, Social Science, or related discipline preferred; or an equivalent combination of education, training & experience.
· Five years for Bachelor Degree holders and seven years for candidates holding diploma of relevant professional experience in a similar setting & capacity preferred; demonstrated ability to maintain accuracy & confidentiality in performing responsibilities.
· Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, PowerPoint, Good knowledge of information technology and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications especially Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Publisher.
· Previous work experience in international organizations and service industry companies would be an advantage.
· Strong interpersonal & intercultural skills with an attention to detail
Fluency in English and German is required
Tigrinya and/or Somali is an advantage
Previous and/or current experience in a similar project is an advantage.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following behavioural and technical competencies
· Accepts and gives constructive criticism.
· Follows all relevant procedures, processes, and policies.
· Meets deadline, cost, and quality requirements for outputs.
· Monitors own work to correct errors.
· Takes responsibility for meeting commitments and for any shortcomings.
· Contributes to colleagues’ learning.
· Demonstrates interest in improving relevant skills.
· Demonstrates interest in acquiring skills relevant to other functional areas.
· Keeps abreast of developments in own professional area.
· Actively shares relevant information.
· Clearly communicates, and listens to feedback on, changing priorities and procedures.
· Writes clearly and effectively, adapting wording and style to the intended audience.
· Listens effectively and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience.
Creativity and Initiative
· Actively seeks new ways of improving project or services.
· Expands responsibilities while maintaining existing ones.
· Persuades others to consider new ideas.
· Proactively develops new ways to resolve problems.
Planning and Organizing
· Sets clear and achievable goals consistent with agreed priorities for self and others.
· Identifies priority activities and assignments for self.
· Organizes and documents work to allow for planned and unplanned handovers.
· Identifies risks and makes contingency plans.
· Adjusts priorities and plans to achieve goals.
· Allocates appropriate times and resources for own work and that of team members.
· Masters subject matter related to responsibilities.
· Identifies issues, opportunities, and risks central to responsibilities.
· Incorporates gender-related needs, perspectives, and concerns, and promotes equal gender participation.
· Persistent, calm, and polite in the face of challenges and stress.
· Treats all colleagues with respect and dignity.
· Works effectively with people from different cultures by adapting to relevant cultural contexts.
· Knowledgeable about and promotes IOM core mandate.
· Maintain a professional appearance and migrant-friendly demeanor at all times;
· Actively contributes to an effective, collegial, and agreeable team environment.
· Contributes to, and follows team objectives.
· Gives credit where credit is due.
· Seeks input and feedback from others.
· Delegates tasks and responsibilities as appropriate.
· Actively supports and implements final group decisions.
· Takes joint responsibility for team’s work.
· Learns about developments in available technology.
· Proactively identifies and advocates for cost-efficient technology solutions.
· Understands applicability and limitation of technology and seeks to apply it to appropriate work.
· Establishes realistic resource requirements to meet IOM needs.
• Effective communicator, creative analytical thinker, active learner and strong team player.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application/ motivation letter enclosed with only detail CV written in English via our e-mail address [email protected], by August 02, 2018 at the latest, referring the position title and Vacancy number in the subject line of your email; no photocopies of educational/training certificates is required at this stage; applicant who doesn`t follow the required application procedure will automatically be disqualified from the competition.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We strongly encourage qualified women to apply!