International Rescue Committee – IRC hereby invites applications from Ethiopia for recruitment to the Mobility Manager. The application will close on 20th September 2022.
Location: Addis Ababa
International Rescue Committee – IRC advertised posts are as follows:
Responsible to lead all the steps of the recruitment cycle in line with IRC Recruitment Guidelines and HR Best Practices.
- Responsible to explore and recommend new sourcing methods to attract more active, passive and diversified candidates.
- Support the hiring manager with the identification of the position requirements, elaboration of the job description and job positioning in the salary scale.
- Responsible to advertise and source the candidates via appropriate channels.
- Working along with the hiring managers, screen candidates applications according to the pre-agreed criteria.
- Carry-out the HR Interview and recommend the way forward with each candidate.
- Guide the hiring manager with the selection of the best candidate.
- Prepare employment offer letter and follow-up with unsuccessful candidates.
- Close the recruitment and transfer the file to the HR Officer for contract and staff onboarding.
- Documentation: responsible for maintaining recruitment and selection panellists’ agreement interview notes and administrative records for each filled post.
- Job applicant/candidate enquiries: listening to grievances of candidates, facilitate and follow-up of applicant/candidate requests and implementing timely feedback and communication protocols;
- Responsible for handling internal mobility for the Ethiopia Country Program in compliance with IRC Mobility Guidelines and organizational Best Practices.
- Identify and contact internal candidates for vacant or new positions or be the focal point for internal candidates’ expression of interest.
- Screen and interview candidates according to criteria established by the hiring manager
- Prepare employment offer letter.
- Close the mobility and transfer the file to the HR Officer for contract and staff transfer.
Under the lead of the Head of HR, take an active role in workforce planning for the Ethiopia Country program and support with:
- Determining workforce demand and supply.
- Identifying resource and proficiency gaps, analyze the gap, and Developing/Modifying Workforce Plan to address the gaps.
- Initiating Activities Required per Workforce Plan.
- Auditing Procedure.
- Under the lead of the Head of HR, support with the elaboration of the recruitment strategy.
- Under the lead of the Head of Department update the Recruitment and Mobility Guidelines.
Coordinate regular trainings for hiring managers: screening and interview techniques.
Monitoring and Reporting:
- Regularly assess the legal environment to ensure the recruitment and mobility are aligned with national legal requirements and advise when change in policies or practices are required.
- Provide weekly, monthly and quarterly Recruitment metrics as required.
This job description is not comprehensive and additional responsibilities in the remit of the role may be added according to the function.
Key Working Relationships
Position Reports to: Head of Human Resources Department, Ethiopia Country Program
Position supervises: Two Recruitment and Mobility Officer and one Recruitment Assistant
Other Internal contacts: All staff and departments within the Ethiopia Country Program
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity Anti-Retaliation and Combating Trafficking in Persons
- Bachelor’s /Post Graduate degree in Business, Human Resources or related field
- 5 years of experience with recruitment or experience of recruitment within an HR generalist role required. Experience working with an Applicant Tracking System is a plus.
- Experience with handling internal mobility a plus.
- Experience working for an INGO.
- Ability and willingness to travel to the field sites.
- Strong management, coaching and mentoring skills required.
- Strong organizational skills as well as interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced/changing, deadline-oriented environment.
- Solid presentation and interpersonal skills and ability to convey information effectively
- Real interest in capacity building and provide technical support and guidance to hiring managers and colleagues on all recruitment and mobility matters.
- Experience providing trainings and staff development is a plus
- Proven sense of professional discretion, integrity, and ability to run situations diplomatically and to effective resolution.
- Fluency in English and Amharic is essential.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Standards of Professional Conduct: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and carries out policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances
Equal Opportunity Employer: IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
How to apply
Check full details on the below links for more information on how to apply…