International Rescue Committee – IRC Vacancies 2018 for Program Intern
የሙያ ሙያ ኢትዮጵያውያን, International Rescue Committee – IRC Jobs Vacancy, የሥራ እድሎች International Rescue Committee – IRC, International Rescue Committee – IRC Recruitment, International Rescue Committee – IRC Jobs Opportunities… Jobs details below…
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the International Rescue Committee – IRC Jobs Vacancies 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
- 1 International Rescue Committee – IRC Jobs Vacancies 2018
- 1.1 Your application letter/cover letter must include the following information.
- 1.2 · Please send your CV, application letter and copies of credentials to the following address: IRC P.O.BOX: 107 Code 1110, Addis Ababa
- 1.3 · Please include 3 references from current and former employers.
- 1.4 · Applications will not be returned. IRC discourages phone calls or personal visits.
- 1.5 · Only applicants meeting the minimum qualification will be short listed and contacted.
International Rescue Committee – IRC Jobs Vacancies 2018
The Program Intern will contribute to overall grants and partnerships management at IRC Ethiopia. The position reports to the Grants Manager. This position is based in Addis Ababa. The Program Intern will work collaboratively with the all 14 members of the Grants and Partnership Unit, the technical coordinators, operations team, and the finance team.
- Support coordination of proposal development (including log frame meetings) working with program staff and ensuring proper review at the HQ level, gathering input from technical coordinators, technical advisors, Research, Monitoring and Evaluation staff, and the Regional Unit.
- Draft budget narratives, edit proposals, and ensure proper proposal and grant management procedures are followed.
- Draft donor communications, as needed.
- Track the Budget vs. Actual (BVA) system online for the proper monitoring and the successful implementation of programs and early warning in case of obstacles or challenges.
- Support the Grants and Partnership Unit’s members in the reporting process with in-country staff for updates and HQ for approvals before submission to the donor.
- Edit reports for coherence and accuracy (quarterly, interim or final reports).
- Participate and take minutes at Grant Opening and Closing meetings, as well as monthly/regular grants management meetings (BVA meetings) which include representation from each unit (finance, programs, logistics) and ensure proper follow up of issues raised.
- Research donor compliance issues for new opportunities or existing grants, as needed, by reading contract documents.
- Draft Compliance Cheat-sheets, as needed.
- Maintain and update grant files related to proposals.
- Support the Partnerships Team to ensure that partnership and sub-grant related administrative processes and procedures are consistently implemented throughout the program, including pre-award compliance checks, agreements, and disbursements and reporting.
Communication and Information Management
- Keep an updated inventory of all communications related to programs/donors and ensure communication and visibility requirements are met.
- Ensure OTIS data is up to date for all assigned new proposals. Secure all OTIS approvals for the assigned new proposals prior to submission to the donor.
- Fluency in English, spoken and written, is the most important requirement for this job; Fluency in Amharic required.
- BA degree in Business Management, Finance, Political science and related field required.
- Good communicator with strong organizational, time management and analytical skills
- Excellent inter-personal, cultural and diplomatic skills
- Strong writing and editing skills with close attention to detail
- Flexibility to adapt to changing requirements
- Ability to juggle competing priorities, meet demanding deadlines and work under pressure in unstable security environments
- Strong computer skills required (Word, Excel)
- Strong Math skills highly desired
How to Apply
Your application letter/cover letter must include the following information.
· Name of the position you have applied for
· Date of application
· Summary of your qualifications and experience
· Motivation/objective of why you have applied for the job
· Permanent Address and present address (if different form permanent) and telephone number
· Disclose any family relationships with existing IRC employees.
· Note that any resumes submitted without a cover letter will not be considered.
|Are any of your relatives employed by International Rescue committee (IRC)?
If answer is “yes”, give the following information:
| YES NO
v THIS INTERNSHIP IS OPEN TO RECENT GRADUATES ONLY (THOSE WHO HAVE GRADUATED FROM UNIVERSITY).
v ETHIOPIAN STUDENTS WHO HAVE COMPLETED RECENTLY THEIR EDUCATION ABROAD ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
v FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
How to apply:
· Please send your CV, application letter and copies of credentials to the following address: IRC P.O.BOX: 107 Code 1110, Addis Ababa
· Please include 3 references from current and former employers.
· Applications will not be returned. IRC discourages phone calls or personal visits.
· Only applicants meeting the minimum qualification will be short listed and contacted.
IRC is an equal employment opportunity employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.