International Rescue Committee Jobs Vacancies 2018 – Data Analyst Assistant
International Rescue Committee Jobs Vacancy, International Rescue Committee Recruitment, International Rescue Committee Jobs Opportunities… Jobs details below…
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the International Rescue Committee Jobs Vacancies 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
International Rescue Committee Jobs Vacancies 2018
Under the supervision of the Finance Officer, the Data Analyst Assistant will be responsible for Data Analysis of Operating Budget, SPC/DPC rate of Budget proposal, SPCA & DPC Actual Calculation, and Salary Map. The scope of work for this position includes but not limited to the following:
1. Updating Operating Budget
Operating Budget: Budget that contains all costs related to the operations of a country office including programmatic and administrative operating costs for a given fiscal year.
- The position holder will be responsible in updating fiscal year’s operating budget when there is a change in number of grants and field office/departmental costs.
- Analyze IRC’s operating budget and forward his/her suggestion to the finance management
- The revised fiscal year operating budget is saved on the shared folder
2. Update SPC/DPC rate for Budget Proposal
New Proposal SPCA calculation
Maximum care shall be taken during the new proposal shared program cost budget calculation. The Calculation shall be made taking in to account one full FY confirmed and reasonable total budget amount so that proper % calculated.
- He/ She will ensure the proper %age of SPC/DPCs are allocated for new grants
3. SPCA Actual Calculation
Shared Program Costs (SPCs): Costs incurred within the Country Office for business activities which support multiple grants and programs.
- He/ She will be responsible in preparing monthly SPCA JV based on monthly SPC rate and make ready for posting
- Timely update the SPCA template
- Ensured all monthly SPCA expenditures are reallocated to each grant as per monthly SPC rate
- Review monthly SPCA expenditures and pass the necessary adjusting entry for wrongly charged expenditures in SPCA.
4. DPC actual Calculation
- Collect & Review monthly field office’s DPC allocation rate and share to Finance Controller for approval
5. Salary Map Preparation
- Salary Map for Actual Costs Charging
· He/ She will be responsible to prepare monthly salary map for both National and International staffs and share to all staffs at the first week of each month
· He/ She will ensure the donor compliance based on donor’s approved percentage allocation
· Monthly salary map is saved on the shared folder
· Prepare monthly expat tax settlement as per the salary map
- Salary Map for Budget Cost Preparation
· He/ She will prepare the salary map for budget proposal that shows the budget requirement/gap to be covered by the new grant
· He/ She will recommend %age of budget allocation based on the actual need analysis
- Perform other duties as assigned
· BA Degree in Accounting, Economics and Management
· Experience: 6 Months related work experience.
· Analytical Skills: Data analysts work with large amounts of data: facts and figures
- Attention to Detail: Data is precise. Data analysts have to make sure they are cautious in their analysis to come to correct conclusions.
- Math Skills: Data analysts need math skills to estimate numerical data.
· Plus basic computer knowledge (word, excel)
· Basic English spoken and writing.
· Good communication and interpersonal skills.
How to Apply
· Please send your CV, application letter and copies of credentials to the following address: IRC – Addis Ababa Office P.O.BOX 107 Code 1110.
· Please include 3 references
· Applications will not be returned. IRC discourages phone calls or personal visits.
· Only applicants meeting the minimum qualification will be short listed and contacted.
Your application letter/cover letter must include the following information.
· Name of the position you have applied for
· Date of application
· Summary of your qualifications and experience
· Motivation/objective of why you have applied for the job
· Permanent Address and present address (if different form permanent) and telephone number
· Disclose any family relationships with existing IRC employees.
|Are any of your relatives employed by International Rescue committee (IRC)?
If answer is “yes”, give the following information:
IRC is an equal employment opportunity employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.