International Rescue Committee Jobs Vacancies 2018 for Emergency Response Manager
International Rescue Committee Jobs Vacancy, International Rescue Committee Recruitment, International Rescue Committee Jobs Opportunities… Jobs details below…
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the International Rescue Committee Jobs Vacancies 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
International Rescue Committee Jobs Vacancies 2018
The Emergency Rapid Response Manager (ERRM) is responsible for assessment; organizing and facilitating capacity building works, assisting in planning and proper implementation of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) components of ECHO & OFDA funded IRC Ethiopia Emergency Rapid Response programs. ERRM reports to the Emergency Response Coordinator and closely works with, Health, EH, Safe Programming, Grants /Program unit, Supply Chain and other sectors as appropriate at the IRC Ethiopia.
The position is based in Addis Ababa with about 70% travel to the field sites for assessment, assistance and support to field teams, including short term deployments and monitoring of program activities through IRC direct intervention or through sub grantees.
MAJOR/KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
Technical Support and Capacity Building
- Take part in multi disciplinary field assessments in the event of an emergency, and coordinate with field teams in implementation of WASH response;
- Assist IRC field offices in assessment, planning, design and implementation of WASH responses;
- Organize and facilitate emergency WASH related trainings for IRC and partner staff and act as focal person for Emergency Capacity building.
- Assist field offices in preparation and review of quantities for WASH activities.
- Assist the field office team in proper design of water supply systems.
- Assist Supply Chain Unit in inspection of the procurement of the quality and standard WASH materials.
Grant, Budget and procurement Monitoring and Management
- Check the spending of IRC direct WASH interventions in the field is in line with original plan and burn rate goes in line with the activity implementation progress and provide feedback to supervisor.
- In consultation with supervisor, Prepare PR and procurement plan for WASH materials and services to be ordered from Emergency Response unit in Addis.
Reports and Proposals
- Assist in the review field reports from IRC field offices and sub grants.
- Track WASH indicators as per the intervention plans.
- Assist in the development of proposals and budgets for future emergency responses by the IRC Ethiopia;
- Assist in the review of WASH component of proposals from partners and by the IRC for direct interventions are as per the requirement and standard.
- Assist in the review of IRC Direct intervention as well as sub grantees WASH proposals and assist the field team and program unit in drafting proposal and MoU for signing project agreement with relevant regional government Bureaus.
- Assist in the review of sub grantee WASH and NFIs proposals.
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Participate in the monitoring of IRC direct interventions and sub granted projects and share monitoring reports to his/her supervisor.
- Monitor the implementation of WASH activities as per the standard and quality.
- Assist the field team in Tracking of WASH indicators;
- Assist in facilitation of IRC Ethiopia own, government and donor evaluations.
- Participate in post intervention assessments in coordination with CWI, EH, Health and program units.
Representation, Coordination and Working Relationship
- Participate at cluster and taskforce meetings related to emergency WASH as needed.
- Work closely with IRC Ethiopia Health, EH, CWI, Program and other units for increased integration and team work;
The ERR Manager will take any additional responsibilities as requested his/her supervisor, DDP and CD.
- University Degree or Masters degree in Environmental Health, Public Health, from a recognized University
- 6 years of experience for first degree and 3 years for post graduate in relevant field in WASH responses with I/NGOs.
- At least 2 years senior level management experience.
- Proven management experience
- Good project management skills. Ability to plan, organize, and supervise implementation of WASH related emergency responses;
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of current contexts and management emergencies in Ethiopia;
- Ability to work under pressure, long working hours and with high workload;
- Excellent communication skills- verbal and written;
- Self-motivated, honest, highly responsible, and punctual;
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as to work autonomously when required;
- Very good at computer skill- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point and e-mail) and use of SPSS and related software
- Ability to organizing and facilitation of trainings.
- Skills and experience in staff management, budget management and building effective teams;
How to Apply
· Please send your CV, application letter and copies of credentials to the following address: IRC – Addis Ababa Office P.O.BOX 107 Code 1110
· Please include 3 references
· Applications will not be returned. IRC discourages phone calls or personal visits.
· Only applicants meeting the minimum qualification will be short listed and contacted.
Your application letter/cover letter must include the following information.
· Name of the position you have applied for
· Date of application
· Summary of your qualifications and experience
· Motivation/objective of why you have applied for the job
· Permanent Address and present address (if different form permanent) and telephone number
· Disclose any family relationships with existing IRC employees.
|Are any of your relatives employed by International Rescue committee (IRC)? If answer is “yes”, give the following information:||YES NO|