International Rescue Committee Jobs Vacancies 2018 for Environmental Health Officer (2)
International Rescue Committee Jobs Vacancy, International Rescue Committee Recruitment, International Rescue Committee Jobs Opportunities… Jobs details below…
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the International Rescue Committee Jobs Vacancies 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
International Rescue Committee Jobs Vacancies 2018
Under a joint supervision of the EH Manager and Camp Manager (administratively), the Environmental Health Officer is a junior management position that involves planning, management and monitoring & evaluation of the water systems, sanitation infrastructures, hygiene promotion and capacity building of staff and volunteer refugees in Benishangul Gumuz Region Bambasi and Sherkole Refugee Camps. He/she is responsible for the construction and management of water supply systems operation with water technician. The position requires strong project and grant management skills, including the proper management of the financial, material and other resources under the program.
DETAILED RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
· Manage the operation & maintenance/installation of water systems including construction of new /rehabilitation/ expansion/maintenance of water systems, facilitation drilling site selection and supervision, design for pipe lying, procurement & design for the generators and pumps for the supply of electromechanical equipment’s etc.
· Ensure the proper operation and maintenance of motorized boreholes, intake river system, hand-dug wells, springs and rain water supply systems for the Refugee Camp and transit centers.
· Oversee and monitor regular water quality testing activities for turbidity and free chlorine residual.
· Oversee stores management for EH items and liaise with the supply chain to ensure that bi-weekly checks are made on site stores and stock records.
· Ensure that daily data for water production and quality is gathered and recorded is kept in soft and hard copies in the refugee Camp and transit centers if any.
· Organize and facilitate for timely response to any electromechanical part breakdowns in the refugee Camp and transit centers with the water technician to ensure that water supplies are not disrupted.
· Prepare Terms of Reference for the hydro-geological study, surveying work and other sub-contracted work, review the contract documents in collaboration with logistics and manage sub-contractors when assigned by camp manager.
· Manage the production of or directly produce all the necessary designs and bills of quantities, specification, necessary drawings for the water system and prepare follow up schedules for the required equipment, goods, tools and materials.
· Ensure that all water supply and sanitation infrastructures in the Refugee Camp and transit centers meet the design, specification and quality of construction as per IRC/HCR standard.
· Ensure the procurement of tools, and equipment required towards construction of water supply systems including generator sets, pumps, control panel, sanitation construction materials and pipes & fittings for sustainable operation of the water system etc
· Supervision of all contracted activities:- water supply system, construction of tap stands, reservoirs, pipe lying, anchor blocks, construction of house hold & communal latrine, showers, waste disposal pits, establishment of intermediate waste collection sites, generator houses, etc
· Order materials and equipment as necessary for construction activities, in accordance with the budget available, stoke balance, submitting and following up Purchase Request forms as per IRC procedure.
SANITATION and HYGIENE PROMOTION:
· Organize and monitor the construction and maintenance of sanitation infrastructures in the Camp.
· Manage production of or directly produce all the necessary appropriate designs/drawings, bills of quantities and specification and follow up orders for the required equipment, tools and materials for the implementation of facilities.
· Being creative to bring long lasting, low cost and acceptable sanitation facilities Implementation skills with innovative manner.
· Participate in emergency need assessment in the sector of water, sanitation, and hygiene promotion when required for the refugee program
· Directly supervise a construction team assigned for refugee WASH facility development in the Camp
· Supervise the recruitment, training, management of the water system operation and maintenance team (generator operators, plumbers and chlorinators) and water system guards in the Camp
· Assists and facilitate in the orientation of newly recruited EH staff on behalf of EH team in the camp.
· Prepare performance targets with camp Assistant officers and support camp manager and Field Coordinator on the staff evaluation process.
· Grants Management, Reporting, Representation and Documentation
· Prepare Implementation, spending, procurement and monitoring & evaluation plan for allocated EH budgets along with activities.
· Liaises with HR/Admin, Logistics, and Finance Departments to ensure smooth operations of activities and procedural recruitment of skilled man power, social incentive workers and other EH staff for the implementation of EH activities in the Camp and hosting community;
· Ensures that all EH projects for the refugee programs are implemented in a timely and professional manner ( IRC standards), according to goal, objectives, and indicators and in line with donor requirements and beneficiary needs
· Facilitate and organize in documenting EH related data and promotion records with soft and hard copies
· Serve as the focal point person for all activities related to EH in the Camp
· Participate on meetings regarding EH activities in the refugee camp as advised by the Camp Manager, EH Manager and/or FC at Assosa FO
· Prepare monthly reports for the Camp Manager and EH Manager in collaboration with the hygiene promotion assistant officers, and water technicians.
· Perform other tasks as assigned by his/her supervisors
· University degree/ Diploma in civil, hydraulic, water resource, Irrigation and water and soil conservation engineering
· Four years for degree/six years for Diploma with demonstrated experience in Water supply, hygiene and sanitation activities, preferably in a humanitarian setting (refugee Camp and transit centers & post conflict area, natural disaster)
· Experience of supervising staff and interaction with other implementing partners in the camp context.
· Strong coaching, advisory and sharing capacity for supervisees.
· Strong communication skills and integration with other program staffs
· Strong communication skills and integration with refugee social incentives and refugee communities.
· Proven management, project planning, organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
· Competent in Windows, MS office programs, email and database experience.
· Knowledge of EPANET, AUTOCAD or WATERCAD software skills are mandatory.
· Proficiency in English language is mandatory and Arabic is plus.
· Ability to work under pressure in a potentially unstable security environment with in different contexts.
· Have knowledge of national WASH strategies and standards related to local community WASH access.
How to Apply
· Please send your CV, application letter and copies of credentials to the following address:
IRC, P.O.BOX 249, Assosa, · Please include 3 references from current and former employers. · Application Letters will not be returned. IRC discourages phone calls or personal visits. · Only applicants meeting the minimum qualification will be short listed and contacted. Your application letter/cover letter must include the following information.
· Name of the position you have applied for
· Date of application
· Summary of your qualifications and experience
· Motivation/objective of why you have applied for the job
· Permanent Address and present address (if different form permanent) and telephone number
· Disclose any family relationships with existing IRC employees.
Are any of your relatives employed by International Rescue committee (IRC)?
If answer is “yes”, give the following information: