International Rescue Committee Jobs Vacancy 2018 for Hr/Admin Officer – Jobs in Ethiopia
Under the supervision of the HR/Admin Coordinator, the HR/Admin Officer provides general Human Resource support for the Admin & HR department. He/she will be participating in recruitment, HRIS /Workday/, Payroll & related payments .
DETAILED RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
HR Talent Strategy and Talent Architecture:
· Maintain a thorough knowledge of IRC personnel policies and Implement IRC’s new Global HR Operating Policies and Procedures in every site of the field office along with ensure all HR/Admin activities are carried-out in adherence to these standards.
· Participate in reviewing national staff policies and Recommend changes/additions/deletions to the HR/Admin Coordinator
· Promote and uphold THE IRC Way: Standards for Professional Conduct.
· Under the guidance of the HR/Admin coordinator, provide support to program and operations staff in interpretation of HR policies and procedures and provide technical support on HR issues.
· Work with HR/admin coordinator and Field coordinator on implementation of strategic planning of the department
· Foster and facilitate the development of cooperative professional relations between and among staff at all levels.
· Provide advice and support to Field HR teams in interpretation of HR policies and procedures and provide technical support on HR and Admin related matters, including but not limited to, recruitment, orientation, career development, performance evaluation, disciplinary action and separation
Talent Acquisition and management:
· Participate in recruitment process of hire positions. Posting positions in appropriate media, CV review, interviewing, reference check, job offer, leading the orientation and travel arrangement.
· Advice Supervisors with reviewing job descriptions, posting job advertisements, screening applicants, conducting job interviews/written tests, reference checks, extending job offers, and ensuring new employee’s paper work/hire pack is processed accurately.
· Ensure that recruitment process is fair and transparent and in line with IRC Global HR policies and procedures.
· Ensure proper orientation for all new staff with periodic follow up fields visits for additional support to field teams; collaborate and coordinate with other departments to provide an engaging and welcoming orientation
· Maintain good working relationships with other organizations and provide feedback to management on HR issues.
· Advise and conduct employees on exit management process for exiting employees and maintain its copies on the file. The exit interviews are supported with monkey survey.
Supervision and Support
· Ensure that the subordinates are working in a harmonized manner.
· Provide technical support and on job trainings for field based HR/ admin staff
· Follow up the implementation of improvement plan according to the feedbacks given at the time of coaching or collected from Roving HR/Admin Manager.
HR Service and Administration:
· Review new employees contract agreement for field offices and ensure the new employees’ data is update to date on workday before the contract is approved.
· Responsible for preparing monthly payroll and maintaining payroll related documents and information are kept properly. Work with HR in the field to improve the information gap by using workday as a payroll information sources.
· Ensure field HR/Admin staffs prepare pension payment in timely manner. Ensure pension payment in relation to the back payments should be prepared and paid in a timely manner.
· Review back payments, payroll adjustment for open and definite period employees.
· Prepare severance payments for open and definite period employees.
· Ensure updated tracking for back payments and communicate them timely.
· Ensure that personnel documents for field staff are updated and maintained in the personnel files.
· Follow up of employee contract extension for field based staffs.
· Assist in writing personnel letters as required (transfer, Promotion, increment, acceptance of resignation and others).
· Travel to the field site at least once a year to monitor compliance with administration systems and policies, review administration operations.
· University Degree/College diploma in Management, Business Administration, Accounting or related
· 4 years’ experience for degree holders and 6 years of experience in office administration and human resource.
· NGO experience in Human resource is preferable.
· Strong organizational skills
· Computer literate especially word and excel.
· Excellent in English and Amharic both speaking & writing.
· Ability to work under pressure.
· High communication and language ability
How to Apply
Please send your CV, application letter and copies of credentials to the following address: IRC – Addis Ababa Office P.O.BOX 107 Code 1110
· Please include 3 references
· Applications will not be returned. IRC discourages phone calls or personal visits.
· Only applicants meeting the minimum qualification will be short listed and contacted.
Your application letter/cover letter must include the following information.
· Name of the position you have applied for
· Date of application
· Summary of your qualifications and experience
· Motivation/objective of why you have applied for the job
· Permanent Address and present address (if different form permanent) and telephone number
· Disclose any family relationships with existing IRC employees.
|Are any of your relatives employed by International Rescue committee (IRC)?
If answer is “yes”, give the following information:
IRC is an equal employment opportunity employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.