International Rescue Committee Recruitment 2018 for Business Skills Trainer Assistant – Jobs in Ethiopia
International Rescue Committee Jobs Vacancy, International Rescue Committee Recruitment, International Rescue Committee Jobs Opportunities… Jobs details below…
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the International Rescue Committee Jobs Vacancies 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
International Rescue Committee Recruitment 2018
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is one of the largest humanitarian agencies in the world, providing relief, rehabilitation and post-conflict reconstruction support to victims of oppression and violent conflict. IRC has worked for over seven decades in the world addressing both the immediate, life saving needs of conflict affected people in an emergency and the reconstruction needs in post conflict societies. IRC is committed to a culture of bold leadership, innovation in all aspects of our work, creative partnerships and thorough accountability to those we serve.
SCOPE OF WORK/ JOB PURPOSE:
Under the direct and technical supervision of CWI Response Officer, the Business skills Trainer (Assistant Officer) will supervise the livelihood activities in the Assosa refugee camp: Bambasi. The Business skills Trainer will be responsible for the implementation of integrated entrepreneurship education for women and girls in Bambasi camp. He/she will also be responsible to monitor and evaluate the progress of the trainees throughout the training, at the end of the training session, business plan development, startup capital provision and small business establishment.
DETAILED RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
- Develop lesson plans and training materials and revise the business and life skills curriculum to meet trainees need.
- Deliver training for women and girls on basic business and life skills based on developed curriculum.
- Conduct follow-up with trainees to answer any questions and ensure that curricula are being implemented correctly and effectively
- Respond to requests for additional training or facilitation
- Work with the senior staff to adapt curriculum for the needs of women and girls.
- Conduct post training assessment upon the completion of each training and support the trainees in developing their own business plan.
- Conduct follow up meetings with graduates and provide technical support in the process of setting-up small businesses.
- Conduct follow-up and mentoring visit to graduates starting small business.
- Organize special learning events for trainees through inviting guest speakers to positively influence them.
- Organize/arrange special events for trainees to display their talents, business ideas, traditional skills products etc.
- Prepare and revise action plans to support mentoring activities.
- Prepare monthly progress reports and provide analysis and recommendation on the training/education offered.
- Ensure and follow up the procurement of program inputs for proper implementation of training program.
- Prepare and submit success as well as challenges of the training along with monthly progress reports.
- Assist in Community Well-being Initiative Response and Prevention activities when requested by CWI field team.
- Any other duties and responsibilities that can be given by immediate and technical supervisors.
- Diploma or BA in business studies, social science field, youth development and /or other related fields 3 years of experience mainly on training business and life skills; and vocational training for Diploma and 1 years for Degree.
- NGO experience is preferable
- Proven experience in facilitation and community mobilization skills
- Technical and report writing skills
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Related work and field experiences in social service provision with women and girls is advantageous.
- Ability to use MS office, excel, email and PowerPoint applications very well
- SKILLS REQUIRED:· Proven experience in facilitation and community mobilization skills
· Technical and report writing skills
· Fluent spoken and written English
· Good communication and interpersonal skills
· Ability to use MS office, excel, email and PowerPoint applications very well
· Able to organize, maintain composure and prioritize work under pressure, able to coordinate multiple tasks and maintain attention to details
How to Apply
Please send your CV, application letter and copies of your credentials to the following address:
· IRC Assosa Field Office, P.O.BOX: 249,
· Please include 3 references from current and former employers.
· Application letters and attached documents will not be returned
· IRC discourages phone calls or personal visits concerning the vacancy
· Only applicants meeting the minimum qualification will be short listed and contacted
· Applications brought to the office will not be accepted
NOTE: Clearly specify in your application letter the name of the camp you are Applying for or you can apply for both Your application letter/cover letter must include the following information.
· Name of the position you have applied for
· Date of application
· Summary of your qualifications and experience
· Motivation/objective that derived you to applied for the job
· Permanent and current address including your telephone number
· Disclose any family relationships with existing IRC employees by including the format below in your application.
Are any of your relatives employed by International Rescue committee (IRC)?
If answer is “yes”, give the following information:
Recruiter of the position: HR/Admin , Assosa Field office
IRC is an equal employment opportunity employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.